Bury Road Redvelopment

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

I was thinking if the club do redevelop the Bury Road end, do they need only build a small seating stand behind the terrace. Make that end for away fans seating with terrace in front and have TBS and sieve for home fans only.
Daggernewbie

Dagger42 wrote:I was thinking if the club do redevelop the Bury Road end, do they need only build a small seating stand behind the terrace. Make that end for away fans seating with terrace in front and have TBS and sieve for home fans only.
Good idea but i think you will find because of the houses behind that end they might not be allowed to build a decent size one for them but you never can tell what would happen if they put the plans in for it.
RayleighDagger1986

Id prefer any investment to be put back into the team. But if Glynn goes for something that end then just a roof and tidy up the terrace a little bit would be suffice.
Daggernewbie

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Id prefer any investment to be put back into the team. But if Glynn goes for something that end then just a roof and tidy up the terrace a little bit would be suffice.
Don`t forget the bar RayleighDagger
Mark

I personally don't have any issue with the current Bury Road end, and would also prefer money to go into the team. We've got a pretty nice stadium these days already.

The worst thing that ever happened for atmosphere was the TBS. Away support are there to milk them and big away followings will always have a huge advantage in generating noise. In games where it is shared we will suffer by our vocal support being split between seats and standing.

Now we have that huge stand at our most developable end of the ground it is almost irretrievable. Unless we found a way to put a seating/standing split stand down one side.
RayleighDagger1986

The bar would be ideal if it generated revenue. It must run at a profit!
ARNU

I was pretty impressed with ebbsfleets ground yesterday.. like ours far too big for its support but they got the right idea by sticking away support in the uncovered bit. It was lucky it didn't piss down or we'd have got soaked. Loads of covered seating for home fans and a standing bit too. I've said all along we should cover the Bury road end. We'd make it our end quite easily I think. Equally leave the roof off give us the tbs in its entirety and stick away fans in bury road end. I don't buy all that " it can't be done" bollox. We'd get our entire home support in the tbs right now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

It wouldn't help the atmosphere much as you'd still be splitting home fans across TBS and sieve. People in Bury Road don't want to sit and will just go round the side.

In this division we'd be fine with home fans in a covered Bury Road but in FL2 we'd be like an away team in our own ground if they are in the TBS. Knock it down and rebuild as half terrace and make it home only ;)
RayleighDagger1986

How much do you think thatll cost Mark to knock it down and rebuild?
Lets just tidy up Bury Road end with a simple roof and if affordable, a bar
RayleighDagger1986

How much do you think thatll cost Mark to knock it down and rebuild?
Lets just tidy up Bury Road end with a simple roof and if affordable, a bar
ARNU

I'd like to know just how many fans really care whether there's any noise or atmosphere really ? Demonstrably most of us are quite happy in virtual silence and being at least 100yds from someone singing about baldy heads and caravans. My roof idea would offer cover in the rain and would probably encourage this so called atmosphere our 20 die hard choir members desire. I'm thinking like that end behind the goal at Wimbledon/ kingstonian.
Mark

I would like a roof I'm just not sure it's a good use of funds. Was only joking about rebuilding TBS!
ARNU

It wouldn't cost much , why not get one of these construction sponsors to build it? Once it's up it's there forever. If they make half a good job of it they'll put a bar in there and maybe we'd feel like they cared more about us than away fans.
dagger4eva

I dont know about redeveloping Bury Rd - the club is gonna have to sort out the (brand new) ceiling in the Dagger Bar 1st. A load of it has collpased....

I was expecting with Glyn having his men do the refurb would've seen an end to the usual bodge jobs...
Auntie Merge

dagger4eva wrote:I dont know about redeveloping Bury Rd - the club is gonna have to sort out the (brand new) ceiling in the Dagger Bar 1st. A load of it has collpased....

I was expecting with Glyn having his men do the refurb would've seen an end to the usual bodge jobs...
I understand it was caused by wind damage through the ventilator. Nothing serious and doesn't sound like it was anything to do with a botch job.
Two ceiling tiles came down and it has already been repaired. And I thought I was the Drama Queen!