Time for a change

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Problem we have here is it is common for these songs to exist at all football grounds, it don't make it right of course but your not going to do anything to make it change at these big local away/home games. I took my 3 year old to Eastleigh and he repeated some swearing he heard but it did not really bother me as he knows what's right and wrong, I understand it's a football match and you'll hear some obscene things. This thread is the same as Bromley last season, no moaning on here will change anything. He club have already dished out home match bans to repeat offenders again this season for anything considered over the top and it's the job of stewards and any police on duty who are paid to manage these things not the supporters club.
I disagree.
Clubs all over the country have been trying to stamp out bad language. We used to have a message played over the tannoy before every EFL game emphasising this.

It is the supporters club responsibility to support the club and help stamp this out. They have the contact details of over 600 supporters some of which do not have season tickets.
In a past life, when I was chairman of a supporters club it was something that we were proactive in, in encouraging appropriate behaviour from fans. Our current supporters club needs to broaden itself from a travel club and start to work with the football club on this.
Stamp what out a few stupid chants? Why not stand for a spot on the supporters club committee instead of coming on here with the same noise all the time? Like it or not it's the job of stewards at any said ground to do something that is against ground regulations, if nothing is done then it can't be an issue bar a few snowflake people on here.
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Problem we have here is it is common for these songs to exist at all football grounds, it don't make it right of course but your not going to do anything to make it change at these big local away/home games. I took my 3 year old to Eastleigh and he repeated some swearing he heard but it did not really bother me as he knows what's right and wrong, I understand it's a football match and you'll hear some obscene things. This thread is the same as Bromley last season, no moaning on here will change anything. He club have already dished out home match bans to repeat offenders again this season for anything considered over the top and it's the job of stewards and any police on duty who are paid to manage these things not the supporters club.
I disagree.
Clubs all over the country have been trying to stamp out bad language. We used to have a message played over the tannoy before every EFL game emphasising this.

It is the supporters club responsibility to support the club and help stamp this out. They have the contact details of over 600 supporters some of which do not have season tickets.
In a past life, when I was chairman of a supporters club it was something that we were proactive in, in encouraging appropriate behaviour from fans. Our current supporters club needs to broaden itself from a travel club and start to work with the football club on this.
Stamp what out a few stupid chants? Why not stand for a spot on the supporters club committee instead of coming on here with the same noise all the time? Like it or not it's the job of stewards at any said ground to do something that is against ground regulations, if nothing is done then it can't be an issue bar a few snowflake people on here.

Those stupid chants are what stops us from being a family club and encouraging new younger supporters. Calling people who object to being subject to the most foul and abusive language for the best part of 90 minutes 'snowflakes' will not win people to support your cause.

It needs the supporters club to work with the club and the stewards on this. The club needs to pull itself up and it needs to do it collectively.

I did 7 years on a committee of one of the forerunners supporters club, I have been asked to join the SC committee a number of times, yet I am not in a position to do so. I have however given them support and advice whether its been asked for or not.
Diggerthedog

I don't have a cause you do. What proof do you have that a few chants at a handful of games has stopped younger people from attending? I know a few families that sat in the family stand now sit in the away stand for a better atmosphere, come and join us ;)
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote:I don't have a cause you do. What proof do you have that a few chants at a handful of games has stopped younger people from attending? I know a few families that sat in the family stand now sit in the away stand for a better atmosphere, come and join us ;)
I suggest you start reading this thread from the beginning...
ARNU

So when your 3 yr old repeats a bit of swearing he knows that's right or wrong Diggerthedog ?

Are we talking F's and C's here ?

Id imagine at 3 she/he doesn't know right and wrong only what appears to be acceptable to supervising adults.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

It was an F word and I explained at the time it's a naughty word. Just doing what all 3 year old do and repeat everything they hear. No dramas.
ARNU

Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Very good!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Seens to gone off topic a little.

To desribe the supoorters Club as nothing more then a travel Club is to ne a tad insulting on those who put so much time and effort in. They currently have 300 Members which probably equates to a 5th of those who attend games during the season. It would surprise me if any of the culprits are in fact Members and perhaps that is something that could be put into the rules and constotution, anybody proven to act in a manner predidicial to the Club will be disciplined.Other then that there is not a lot more they can do in my eyes

Also find it more then a tad ironic and hypocritical that somebody who has made repeated comnents since this thread has changed tact was only to glad to post on Social Media the new flag that apoeared at Solihull Moors and was also wearing a sticker that had been produced that also made reference to another flag that has also caused offence in some quarters. That only gives oxygon to People who some feel are not acting in the Clubs best interest. Personally it is something that i dont take much notice of and never really have.

Swearing to me is always going to occur sadly, i wont claiim to be whiter then white. I find it offensive when it becomes Personal and a rant.

There was some clown on Monday continuelly hounding our goalkeeper, what fault could be blamed on him for what was happening on the pitch i never did work out, but even if there was the Personal abuse and rant was far far over the top.

Perhaps the Club should introduce the message that was played over the tannoy as the teans walked out and a few more strikeing notices put up to make People think a bit more may help, perhsps the Supporters Club may consider paying the cost as a matter of good will in order to appease those eho have resulted to cheap insults against what are a group of hard working individuals
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Seens to gone off topic a little.

To desribe the supoorters Club as nothing more then a travel Club is to ne a tad insulting on those who put so much time and effort in. They currently have 300 Members which probably equates to a 5th of those who attend games during the season. It would surprise me if any of the culprits are in fact Members and perhaps that is something that could be put into the rules and constotution, anybody proven to act in a manner predidicial to the Club will be disciplined.Other then that there is not a lot more they can do in my eyes

Also find it more then a tad ironic and hypocritical that somebody who has made repeated comnents since this thread has changed tact was only to glad to post on Social Media the new flag that apoeared at Solihull Moors and was also wearing a sticker that had been produced that also made reference to another flag that has also caused offence in some quarters. That only gives oxygon to People who some feel are not acting in the Clubs best interest. Personally it is something that i dont take much notice of and never really have.

Swearing to me is always going to occur sadly, i wont claiim to be whiter then white. I find it offensive when it becomes Personal and a rant.

There was some clown on Monday continuelly hounding our goalkeeper, what fault could be blamed on him for what was happening on the pitch i never did work out, but even if there was the Personal abuse and rant was far far over the top.

Perhaps the Club should introduce the message that was played over the tannoy as the teans walked out and a few more strikeing notices put up to make People think a bit more may help, perhsps the Supporters Club may consider paying the cost as a matter of good will in order to appease those eho have resulted to cheap insults against what are a group of hard working individuals
Thread heading off the rails is my fault for mentioning the idiots at Orient I guess.

While I recognise that it is a local derby on Tuesday with all the knobheadedness that automatically seems to go with that, there was very little humour in the various chants, and once it all went bad in the second half, it got ugly and far from supporting the team, many actually turned on them. It isn't constructive, doesn't help anyone and puts a lot of people off coming.

You won't stop bad language at football, I agree, but at least there used to be a bit of humour in it, and people didn't seem to expect us to win every game, or turn in the team if they didn't. We are Degenham & Redbridge not Barcelona.

As for the people dishing the abuse not being SC members, they appear to be among the people that travel regularly, so I would imagine they are, as the major beneft of being a member is reduced cost coach travel. We also know that the various flag owners are members as they used the SC for their delivery of the fake email to Glyn.

Time for the SC to provide a lead, or to just sit back and let the family club reputation go forever.
Gravy

I feel though people at orient on Tuesday like myself it's a local derby and huge amounts of pride and passion go with that. Like it or not Dagenham are arguably one of the best teams in this league and playing orient who go back a few weeks ago were one of the worst teams in this. We should be beating teams like them and to have played 3 games against them already this year and not scored a goal is embarrassing the fans have every right to get on the players backs considering they have all paid money to get into that dive and to watch a 2nd half as bad as that is a shambles. Without fans football is nothing
Auntie Merge

Referring to the supporters club as nothing more than a travel club was a direct response to Dagger Newbie's suggestion that the supporters club should not get involved and it was up to individuals to take action. I apologise if my comments were misconstrued.

If the Solihull comments refer to me, we ALL had a good laugh at the flags. I did not tweet the photo of the flags and whilst I was handed stickers, I don't recall wearing them. It was also a low point as regards the club was concerned. I, as had others, been subject to search with a metal detector at a game which was 'low risk' and we were unsegregated.
I have since Eastleigh said how unhappy I was at the flags. and whilst many of us had a giggle, I really hope that we have seen the last of them at any game. They do not represent the club, nor do they represent the club going forward.
SUSSEX DAGGER

As for the people dishing the abuse not being SC members, they appear to be among the people that travel regularly, so I would imagine they are, as the major beneft of being a member is reduced cost coach travel. We also know that the various flag owners are members as they used the SC for their delivery of the fake email to Glyn.

Time for the SC to provide a lead, or to just sit back and let the family club reputation go forever.[/quote]

A main contributor to this thread was at Solihull Moors taking photos and posting on Social Media a flag that apoeared that day . They were also seen that day wearing a sticker that like the flag was taking a swipe at a certain employee of the Club. Please tell me how this helps the Club as i cant see how anyway how it does.

It is therefore in my opinion a little pious and hypocritical for them to come on here and give lectures on morality about Peoples conduct when only a matter of weeks ago they appeared to only be willing to give them and their campaign oxygon.

New year is coming and a big six months, lets hope we can all move on and get behind the team and put diffrences behind us .
NBDag

At least all this nonsense of Still out from the poster has been forgotten.

You will never stop swearing at football. Playing that tannoy message at the beginning of the game saying don't say this or that won't change anything. Going up to them and just reminding them that there are kids around should make them more thoughtful, if they aren't complete arse holes, but they won't ever stop completely. I can't go through a football game without telling a player or official to go forth and mulitply and some games I can't go a minute without it (Wrexham and Guiseley are good examples) but if someone came up to me and reasonably put it that I was clearly in earshot of young kids then I would think twice. You shouldn't have to get a supporters club involved to tell people to be mindful of their actions.

I was going to write this on the other thread about modernisation but it's probably more relevant here. If you want to get more kids through the gates then stop trying to control the ones already here that'll be bringing the new ones along. A few years ago I enjoyed those stupid paedophile chants and others of that ilk, but I grew out of it as I started to get more into the football and less interested in being a dick with my mates. That will happen to them too, but if you're just going to berate them for doing what kids do then they aren't ever going to become very attached to this club. I'm not trying to say there's nothing wrong with the chants, but there is a lot worse things for kids to be doing in their spare time.
Daggernewbie

Auntie Merge wrote:

Referring to the supporters club as nothing more than a travel club was a direct response to Dagger Newbie's suggestion that the supporters club should not get involved and it was up to individuals to take action. I apologise if my comments were misconstrued.

If the Solihull comments refer to me, we ALL had a good laugh at the flags. I did not tweet the photo of the flags and whilst I was handed stickers, I don't recall wearing them. It was also a low point as regards the club was concerned. I, as had others, been subject to search with a metal detector at a game which was 'low risk' and we were unsegregated.
I have since Eastleigh said how unhappy I was at the flags. and whilst many of us had a giggle, I really hope that we have seen the last of them at any game. They do not represent the club, nor do they represent the club going forward.
Auntie Merge since when did I say that the Supporters Club should not get involved I`m personally offended at what you have said and I`m sure the other committee members will be offended as well ,you seem to pick out what you too read and not take notice of my other postings that I have written on the subject.