Next game lineup

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

What team would you all put out for the next game? Thought we had a strong team on paper today but we just can’t seem to create anything. I wouldn’t even know what team to put out for the next few games
Daggernewbie

TommyD&R wrote:What team would you all put out for the next game? Thought we had a strong team on paper today but we just can’t seem to create anything. I wouldn’t even know what team to put out for the next few games
I would drop Doe and Howells and try Nunn and Pennell at the back
RayleighDagger1986

Drop Boucaud and go with Adams or Howell alongside Robinson
Diggerthedog

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Drop Boucaud and go with Adams or Howell alongside Robinson
Have we won a game with Adams starting?
Adrian

Yes.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:Yes.
How many?
Adrian

1, but he's only started 4 league games.
BarkingRambo

I would probably play us in a 4-1-4-1 formation.

Ling------Doe-----Lokko-----Howells
----------------- Robson
-------Bouchard----- Adams/Robinson
Whitely----------------------------------Sparkes
------------------ Ferrier

Too many goals recently have been conceded by defensive mistakes so putting Robson in a position where he can move back and help out might helpo
(also gives more protection for Ling or Howells to make a run forward). If the news about Bondz moving on is true then that would be a shame to lose a defender just as we hit a defensive crisis and he might get a chance in the team. Cheek to drop to bench for me too, he has good moments but it doesn't feel like its working with him, especially when we could do with firming up other positions, also us insisting that we put all the throws to him when every defender he is up against almost always beats him is getting on my bloody nerves.
Mark

I think we look wide open on the break a lot of the time. Not sure whether it is just shape or whether it is effort but opponents seem to be able to saunter forwards and get crosses into our box unopposed.

We seem to play through midfield for a bit then get bored and go back to launching it at Cheek. I don't think he does much but the ball to him is normally crap.

I'm starting to think that for all the good players on our books, there is not 11 amongst them that will form a good and consistent team. Too many are strollers. I'd love some stats about ground covered by Orient versus us yesterday. They didn't stop and we seemed to have nothing left when they raised the pace a little.

Fwiw though I'd strongly consider NGala. We need size and Lokko seems too much of a hothead to provide it. Maybe it's time for Pennell at cb.

Robson doesn't look fit since we 'rested' him at hereford I'm wondering if he's playing injured. Robinson is off the pace due to lack of games, Cheek is always off the pace, Sparkes doesn't look sharp, Doe seems to have been carrying his leg since that dirty tosser at Woking stuffed him.

For Saturday I'd probably drop Cheek, Sparkes and bring in Lokko, Howell. Not that I think it would make much difference as I still think we need a left back and Whitely is having a mare but there's nobody really to replace him with. Fejiri perhaps.
DI Mike Dashwood

Think Mark's first point is true, and this is down to the full backs playing very high. Second goal on Saturday was a great example of this. Ling bombs on all the time, as instructed, takes all the throws down that side, but when we lose the ball all the oppo do is whack a ball into the channel, the centre halves get pulled across and we are open. Same happened yesterday on the other flank behind Howells, and between minutes 25-40 they created 2 or 3 chances from that very simple tactic.

We actually did the same to Orient yesterday between minutes 0-15 and minutes 75-90 but in between we didn't do it once!!

With regards to the Team I am not sure what I would do. Bouchard has been poor in last few weeks, especially yesterday, but not sure we have anyone else who could do that role. Robinson was poor yesterday to I thought, the middle of the park was non existent for much of the second half.

Cheek was anonymous yesterday as well and this seems to be case a lot of the time. Obviously he is a goal scorer but he really offers very little else movement or presence wise.

Where is Feriji?? I know he had poor start to the season but am presuming there is some kind of issue as I can't believe he cannot even get on bench after last two games (ahead of yesterday).

Whiteley's set pieces were appalling yesterday, but he did at least get on the ball, and we saw on Saturday how we look if he is not in the Team.

So don't know what I would do, which is why Mr Still is paid the money to make those decisions. I would write Ling, Robson and Ferrier on the teamsheet then go from there.

What I do know is that if we had performed as we have in the last three games under Wayne then all hell would be breaking lose on here.
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Think Mark's first point is true, and this is down to the full backs playing very high. Second goal on Saturday was a great example of this. Ling bombs on all the time, as instructed, takes all the throws down that side, but when we lose the ball all the oppo do is whack a ball into the channel, the centre halves get pulled across and we are open. Same happened yesterday on the other flank behind Howells, and between minutes 25-40 they created 2 or 3 chances from that very simple tactic.

We actually did the same to Orient yesterday between minutes 0-15 and minutes 75-90 but in between we didn't do it once!!

With regards to the Team I am not sure what I would do. Bouchard has been poor in last few weeks, especially yesterday, but not sure we have anyone else who could do that role. Robinson was poor yesterday to I thought, the middle of the park was non existent for much of the second half.

Cheek was anonymous yesterday as well and this seems to be case a lot of the time. Obviously he is a goal scorer but he really offers very little else movement or presence wise.

Where is Feriji?? I know he had poor start to the season but am presuming there is some kind of issue as I can't believe he cannot even get on bench after last two games (ahead of yesterday).

Whiteley's set pieces were appalling yesterday, but he did at least get on the ball, and we saw on Saturday how we look if he is not in the Team.

So don't know what I would do, which is why Mr Still is paid the money to make those decisions. I would write Ling, Robson and Ferrier on the teamsheet then go from there.

What I do know is that if we had performed as we have in the last three games under Wayne then all hell would be breaking lose on here.
A well written piece write up to a last paragraph that is garbage.
We're in a play off place and had won 4 league games in a row.
I don't recall much hell breaking loose against Burnett after a blip following a run like that. Although there might be a different reason for that.
DI Mike Dashwood

Wayne didn't have many games in a very average Conference though as far as I can recall, although I may be missing that.
Richie

We're a better team with Howell in it, than when he's on the bench. He has to start for me.

Sparkes didn't impress me yesterday, was the first time I've seen him. And I agree with the above, Boucard isn't doing it currently and although I don't really rate Cheek, we saw how bad Ferrier is as a striker earlier in the season.

Cousins
Ling - Doe - Robson - Howells
Adams - Robinson
Whiteley - Howell - Ferrier
Cheek
DI Mike Dashwood

Yep, I would try and get Howell in as well I think. Makes runs beyond the ball, which none of the midfield did yesterday, and never lets us down.
mickeyblue

Justham
Ling doe Robson Howells
Boucard Robinson Howell
Whitley ferrier
Cheek
but we finished 9th!