Eastleigh

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Hess takes over as manager. Just in time for Saturday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42398876
Kevin

Hopefully they won't get the new manager 'bounce' just yet!

Nice to have a ho-ho-home game today - maybe 3-1..perhaps with a couple from Cheek + a Scotty Doe header

C'mon you Daggers!! :D
Pondfield Dagger

unlucky daggers, 2 poor goals to give away, no marking, ship far to many goals with doe and lokko.

thought kandi made it 2-2, shooting wide when clean through on goal.

eastleigh well organised, can't be experience, is there budget more than ours?

stack ex arsenal 36
Zebroski ex con 31
hollands ex bornemouth 32
boyce ex doncaster 28
wood ex brentford 31
yeates ex spurs 32
james constable ex oxford utd 33
Bradley Hudson-Odoi- ex hereford utd, 29
hoyte, ex arsenal, 27
RayleighDagger1986

Didnt make today. Disappointing result
ARNU

I wonder if doey will have a shit from the new arse zebroski tore him today. Also how many headers did we win against their monster centre backs today ? Thought we were a bit mediocre to say the least and not sure what stilly thought he was doing really. 3 very uninspiring substitutions but sparkes needed to come off cos he did nothing all game. Shocking defence for their 2 goals, Maybe it's because I've got a dose of the flu but I found this a miserable day altogether. Can't see us getting anything from the next 3 games with a performance like that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

That was just poor.
Without Whitely we lack much creativity. Even off form he made more happen than anyone did.
It's only one game but I'm not sure what th demand for Sparkes to play was based on - he did nothing.
Cheek could do with putting a bit of effort in.
Last season there were regular moans about Hawkins not winning balls that were nowhere near him. Today Cheek just didn't bother with loads of 50/50stjat we're very reachable.
Boucaud did nothing except get booked for acting like a petulant child.
Doe and Lokko at fault for goals, Cousins kicking was appalling.
No idea why Luke Howell went off.
Ling was the stand out again, I'm starting to think we might find clubs taking a real interest in him.
daggersjeff

Unlucky? more a case of unlikely!

Thought we were second best at everything today. Maybe we were still sufferering a FA Trophy hangover!!! Eastleigh got wise to Ling's runs early on, then shut down our main attacking threat after we had scored. Boucaud looked scared to put a challenge in after he got carded, as Arnu rightly said, Doey got ripped a new one. Robson for me looks so much more composed in defence - would have him in place of Lokko anytime! Robinson needs game time to get back to fitness, and Ferrier needs to learn to pass.

On the the 'Os' on boxing day; theyve revived a bit after a dreadful slump, so a much improved performance required there!
RM1Dagger

Yes, I thought Eastleigh looked pretty decent and save for our goal defended well. I didn't think we were THAT bad but wasn't quite happening and on another day we might have got something. Doe got roasted for their second but I we still should of picked up the goalscorer...
Now the SE27 Dagger
DaggerJoel11

I don't think Eastleigh were that great today. They were there for the taking but it seemed like we just stopped playing once they got an equaliser. I don't recall a single effort in the second half and it was really poor from us. Very direct and at times completely aimless passing, especially from Doe. A big improvement needed for Tuesday, hopefully this is just a one-off.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

After one month away from our home which felt like an eternity how low was that today yes we were awful after we gave away our lead but can anybody in there right mind say that lot from Southampton airport way were deserving winners? First time ever missed my post match Xmas drink couldn't get away fast enough! Come end of season just hope that's not gonna cost us?
A S dagger97

We simply played into their hands. When we actually get the ball down and try to play we're a lot more effective going forward against these type of sides.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Mark

Only ourselves to blame. They were limited but we let them back in with a ludicrous goal.

The ball forward was awful so no surprise the forwards were at a loss. Didn't really think the defence were thag bad generally but the goals were poor. The back 4 distribution was very poor.

Have to say I'm not really warming to Cheek. He scores but his contribution to our gameplan is almost nil. He doesnt link up or hold it up or win 50-50s. If we want to win anything we need a more complete center forward.
Diggerthedog

It's Xmas we are always crap at Xmas. Today was John Still football not working. We won't win the league let's hope play offs work out. Someone will win this league with the fewest points ever, blown our chance.

For for me Doe is the weak link, drop him put Robson in his best position.