Hereford (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggyjack

Their first goal was superb, after we had created the better openings and we then conceded a sloppy goal for 2-0.
We got a goal back soon after and equalised so it was disappointing to give away a penalty to lose it.
Defence was OK although their front 3 caused us problems but our midfield was powder puff throughout, very poor.
Up front, Whiteley and Ferrier were excellent but Cheek, who scored was pretty ineffective. I'm not sure why Ferrier was taken off as he was causing all sorts of problems?
Hereford were there for the taking but we were disappointing overall.
Good luck to Hereford for the next few rounds, always like going to Edgar Street.
Diggerthedog

In reply to Adrian: Well done on missing the point. Lokko didn't give away a penalty or defend poorly against Wrexham

We lost at home to Wrexham he was sent off after 32 mins, poor defending. A game we probably would have at least drawn had we had 11. You never mentioned Eastleigh and the pen he gave away, we drew.

You're not always right.
RayleighDagger1986

Thanks Digger.
I thort Lokko gave another penalty away earlier in the season. I could be wrong but is it three so far?
Sagres

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:
I thort Lokko gave another penalty away earlier in the season.
1st Game away @ Boreham Wood
daggersjeff

[quote="Daggyjack"] I'm not sure why Ferrier was taken off as he was causing all sorts of problems?
quote]

The commentary said he was holding his hamstring - lets hope its not too serious!!
Daggyjack

daggersjeff wrote:
Daggyjack wrote: I'm not sure why Ferrier was taken off as he was causing all sorts of problems?
quote]

The commentary said he was holding his hamstring - lets hope its not too serious!!
Thanks Jeff, that would have been the only reason as from my view, only he and Whiteley were playing well out of the midfield / forward six.
Bearing in mind Hereford rested six of those that played on Thursday as they have an important league game on Tuesday, it makes the result even more disappointing.
Living in South Wales, this was my first match of the season. Please tell me we are usually better than that? !
Daggernewbie

Daggyjack wrote:
daggersjeff wrote:
Daggyjack wrote: I'm not sure why Ferrier was taken off as he was causing all sorts of problems?
quote]

Thanks Jeff, that would have been the only reason as from my view, only he and Whiteley were playing well out of the midfield / forward six.
Bearing in mind Hereford rested six of those that played on Thursday as they have an important league game on Tuesday, it makes the result even more disappointing.
Living in South Wales, this was my first match of the season. Please tell me we are usually better than that? !
You can never tell what team turns up on the day but yesterday was going to moan but whats the point.
Richie

Sagres wrote:
RayleighDagger1986 wrote:
I thort Lokko gave another penalty away earlier in the season.
1st Game away @ Boreham Wood
From what I recall he was put in a bad situation by Boucard giving the ball away. I wasn't there yesterday, but I do like Lokko on the whole.

Not as good as Robson, but unless Robinson or Adams prove themselves to get in the side....
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:In reply to Adrian: Well done on missing the point. Lokko didn't give away a penalty or defend poorly against Wrexham

We lost at home to Wrexham he was sent off after 32 mins, poor defending. A game we probably would have at least drawn had we had 11. You never mentioned Eastleigh and the pen he gave away, we drew.

You're not always right.
Sigh.
You not being able to understand the point doesn't make me not right.

60 minutes player after he was sent off against Wrexham where we were largely the better team but didn't take chances.
45 minutes played after the penalty at Eastleigh, we scored once.
It's a team game so holding one player responsible for results for incidents with over half a game to play is stupid.

He's cost us goals, he hasn't cost us wins or draws
Dave E

Not Lokko apparently - John Still critical of Scott Doe giving away the penalty - as per article in the Romford Recorder
Daggernewbie

Here is the a John Still`s review of Sundays game wonder how many will man up and say they`re wrong in accusing Kevin Lokko http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... -1-5325701
Last edited by Daggernewbie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:In reply to Adrian: Well done on missing the point. Lokko didn't give away a penalty or defend poorly against Wrexham

You're not always right.
Sigh.

60 minutes player after he was sent off against Wrexham where we were largely the better team but didn't take chances.
It's a team game so holding one player responsible for results for incidents with over half a game to play is stupid.

Yawn
DevonDagger

Surprised to see so many thought it was Lokko, think everyone around me realised it was Doey at the time.
Regardless of who it was, my first thought was more why on earth the tackle was made right up against the back line of the pitch, he surely wasn't going anywhere.
That said I think Doey has been very good in the games I've seen since his return from injury, so whilst we must acknowledge mistakes I don't think we should go overboard.

Someone before mentioned it was a strange game and I concur. We were pretty poor, yet scored twice and we had at least two very good chances, one for Corey and another for someone else which both were blasted straight at the keeper. Cheeky also had a somewhat awkward half volley from close range which he probably should have done better with. So as much as we were poor, we had numerous chances to avoid defeat.

Unfortunately though the defending part of our game was poor - makes you question exactly how much we missed Robson. But both of their first half goals involved awful clearances managing all of 5 yards aimlessly fired at an opposition player. The midfield was disappointing too, I was really excited when we signed Charlee but he hasn't really got going yet and he didn't seem to be awfully involved from my perspective.

On a positive, Sparkes looked good again and must be fancied to start on Saturday. I also think Whitely showed signs of improvement bar a couple bad touches and perhaps should have done better on the shot straight at the keeper.

Nonetheless, as per most FA Trophy games, will be all forgotten about if we beat Eastleigh.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:

You're not always right.
Sigh.

Yawn
Ah, did you tire yourself out trying to find a way to argue a point you don't actually have.
Maybe you should just take a dig at Steve Thompson to make yourself feel better.
grumpy old git

Commentator on bbc radio Hereford said the penalty was Lokko, obviously hadn't done his homework properly.