FA Trophy match date change

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Safetyman

Our game against Hereford has been put back 24 hours until 3pm on Sunday 17th December.
This is because Hereford's FA Cup replay against Fleetwood has just been moved to Thursday 14th as it is being broadcast live on TV.

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-L-bqqfKHAeusoGWXq84

Tony Payne
Diggerthedog

Glad I never bought a train ticket for this. Poor decision should have forced them to play the Saturday .
Dagdale

Gotta a rail ticket like a few others I know and tits up with advance as non refundable so boys we'd better map out a game on that line, somewhere? Or Xmas shopping in Hereford!
Simmo

Dale, spend the day shopping in Hereford using the outward part of your ticket and stay over in a cheap b&b. I’ve got a spare seat in my car to bring you back on the Sunday if you need it.
IanC

This is a ****** disgrace yet again fans have been shafted,37 bloody quid I paid the other day,and now I won’t even be able to go the game let alone get a refund.And now we probably have hardly any support there at all,****** tv companies should be made to reimburse fans,not happy.
Dagdale

Thanks Simmo, kind thought and much appreciated, have to share a few thoughts at Barrow.
dagger4eva

Just seen this..

I dont know to what extent the club had a say in this BUT its shocking to say the least. Me and 3 pals also on non-refundable tickets having paid 57 each for our tickets.

Can go ****** themselves if they think would consider taking the trouble to make alternative arrangements to go on the sunday!
Mark

Don't know why we'd agree to this.
Sagres

Perhaps someone could confirm if the club were asked or told to change the date to Sunday?
Daggernewbie

I do feel sorry for all you who pay out for train tickets only to be shafted. That`s why I always go by coach at least I don`t lose any money if the game is postponed or rescheduled like the Hereford game.

It`s about time the league ,TV and clubs concerned reimburse all travelling supporters transport costs be it by car,train and coach who have proof of costs on the day.
Daggernewbie

Just thought if anyone decides to go FA Trophy game at Hereford on Saturday and stay over night there might be seats available on the coach for the trip home on Sunday phone Russell on 07989 901686 to find out.
Dagger83

I thought that advance train tickets although not refundable were still exchangeable for a fee? Can't people get them exchanged for Sunday tickets instead?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Daggernewbie

Dagger83 wrote:I thought that advance train tickets although not refundable were still exchangeable for a fee? Can't people get them exchanged for Sunday tickets instead?
I didn`t think of that yes you can looking on the web most seem to charge £10 to do it.
grumpy old git

Think its £10 per ticket and subject to availability, if the price you paid is sold out on the train you want to travel on you have to pay the difference for the next available ticket as well. Also bear in mind Sunday services are not the best.
BB-Dagger

This type of last minute fixture change is now quite common not only in the National League but also at higher levels, it’s about time all of the clubs got together and get BT or whoever to compensate supporters who have pre booked travel, obviously with proof of purchase. The TV companies make shit loads of money out of football and if they want to dictate game times they should cough up,