Chester (a)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:Why do a few think Corey is still deserves to be playing he having to many bad games sorry you can`t keep saying give him a chance bench him and give someone else a run. But glad Micheal Cheek bagged a couple as for Morgan played his heart out and looked knackered when he went off all we need to do now is do this to Barrow.
For one thing it's the opinion of those people.
He might not be at the level he was, but he still scares the crap of our defenders when he runs at them and he still makes things happen.
He's nothing like as bad as some are making him out to be.
Do you really think he still scares the crap of defenders when he runs at them and make things happen this must be happening in an parallel universe not this one for sure.
NBDag

Corey on his off streak is still better than Romain. He still creates things and as shown today he puts in a shift in defence that the likes of Ferrier and Fejiri don’t. For me it seems like he’s been off form since we started playing him out wide. He plays so much better when he’s a 10 with two wide men either side, as we played most of last season and up until Cheek’s injury. If Sparkes is brought in for Lokko and they go back to a 4231 formation I think we can get the old Whitely back. As for the penalty, it was dreadful but he was right to take it. Could have been the kickstart he needed.

As for the game it was pretty awful in the first half. Shows how much we need Ferrier playing at his best and should be an easy lesson for other teams to learn about us. Other results going our way have made the table a lot better viewing compared to 8 days ago. Onwards and upwards.
grumpy old git

Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:Why do a few think Corey is still deserves to be playing he having to many bad games sorry you can`t keep saying give him a chance bench him and give someone else a run. But glad Micheal Cheek bagged a couple as for Morgan played his heart out and looked knackered when he went off all we need to do now is do this to Barrow.
He might not be at the level he was, but he still scares the crap of our defenders when he runs at them and he still makes things happen.
Think I'd prefer it if he was scaring the crap out of their defenders . :lol:
Newdaggersfan

NBDag wrote:Corey on his off streak is still better than Romain. He still creates things and as shown today he puts in a shift in defence that the likes of Ferrier and Fejiri don’t. For me it seems like he’s been off form since we started playing him out wide. He plays so much better when he’s a 10 with two wide men either side, as we played most of last season and up until Cheek’s injury. If Sparkes is brought in for Lokko and they go back to a 4231 formation I think we can get the old Whitely back. As for the penalty, it was dreadful but he was right to take it. Could have been the kickstart he needed.

As for the game it was pretty awful in the first half. Shows how much we need Ferrier playing at his best and should be an easy lesson for other teams to learn about us. Other results going our way have made the table a lot better viewing compared to 8 days ago. Onwards and upwards.
Don’t know what you were watching but it has been 442 most of the season barring maybe 2 games. Fejiri was left wing with whitely on the right at the start if the season

Whitely hasn’t been good since the transfer window shut. He’s also a very selfish player and is very detrimental to the team when he is out of form
ThatRoundThing

As noticed by grumpy old git, Corey please revert back to scaring the shit out of opposition defenders... and not ours!!

In all seriousness, Corey to me seems to have lacked a little confidence in himself, can't recall recently the bravado of "stepovers" and other little tricks that once got rival managers and the Vanerama press so exited.
daggersjeff

Good ole BBC do it again.........

"and Cheek then added a second in the final minute, firing past Lynch after being played in by Dan Robson's header."

Priceless!!
Kevin

Fantastic result, after a brilliant second half performance!

Particularly delighted to see Cheek get a couple also..

C'mon you Daggers!! :D
Dagger83

First match I've seen this season and the first half was truly dreadful. I was quite shocked at just how bad we were. Second half though was great. Real drive and energy and we scared the bejesus out of them every time we went forward. Chester were pretty awful though, it has to be said.

My thoughts on some of the players:
Ling: looked brilliant. A great all round player.
Whitely: wasn't impressed at all. Not sure he really threatened and his delivery was poor.
Boucaud: controlled the middle well and broke down play brilliantly.
Ferrier: pretty anonymous first half but changed the game in the second. Probably my MOTM.
Lokko: thought that if they were to score, it'd come from a Lokko error. Just didn't look convincing.

Not sure if the 2 week break is a good thing or a bad seeing as we seem to have a bit of form and momentum. I'm laying my cards down now, it's either us or Aldershot for the title...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Do you really think he still scares the crap of defenders when he runs at them and make things happen this must be happening in an parallel universe not this one for sure.
Yes I do. Defenders are always ending up backing off of him when he goes at them and he stills get fouled plenty of times because they can't deal with him.
He played his part in two goals last weekend.
DI Mike Dashwood

I actually think it's a shame have no game on 2nd and no League game on 16th. We are clearly building up a little bit of momentum and would also say we have a bigger squad than most so groups of fixtures together actually benefits us more than most??

This time 8.5 days ago we were all a bit down (me included) but what a difference a week, and a bit, makes. This League is most certainly there for the taking. One run of 5 or 6 wins in a row and then some steady form could do the job. Late December and January are busy periods and so the part time teams and those with small squads may get found out??

Hard to say, but I think it will turn into one from four which will be us, Aldershot, Wrexham and Tranmere.