Dover (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Well a lot of people have spoken about the character shown on Saturday, but I feel a truer test of this will be how we perform in our latest test. Chris Kinnear has assembled a solid and structured squad so tonight will be very difficult for us, especially if we start like we did against Guiseley. Hopefully that win has spurred us on and we topple another league leader, just like we did versus Macc. Not expecting a great crowd as we barely had 1100 Saturday and Dover are unlikely to bring more than 200.

I'm gonna go for another 3-2, with goals for Ferrier and Cheek (2)
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

Reckon this'll be mega-tough tonight - Dover seem a real decent outfit.

I'd love a Cheeky 2-1 win (with maybe Cheek himself finding the net), but I'd have no problem with a draw out of this one.

C'mon you Daggers!! :D
RampantDuke

Biggest game of the season so far tonight. We will see what we are made of and have a much clearer picture on how we are going to shape up after this one. COYD.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Diggerthedog

Will go with 2-1 to us, Cheek both goals. 1,312 (188 Dover)
Mark

They tool 540 to orient. I know it's a pain to get home for their fans who come from working in London but I'd expect more than that.
nomis

If we were expecting an away crowd in excess of 400 i'd think all season ticket holders in the away end myself included would of been reallocated to the Carling Stand

So reckon anything between 200-300 perhaps
Dagdale

Certainly a massive test for our daggers tonight, must take my hat off to Chris Kinnear lost goal machine Ricky Miller and a couple of others pre season and hasn't he done well feeling those gaps and wonder if its true was a daggers supporter? Also two old boys back if he's fit Josh Passley and Femi, nevertheless this could be our turning point tonight and sure we have the clout to do it, thus although a really tight match we will sneak it 1-0, well impressed with Lingy and Morgan to push it through.
RayleighDagger1986

Excellent win and great finish from Morgan.
dagger4eva

FANTASTIC win - thoroughly deserved!

Couple of great save from Cousins early doors but otherwise we looked incredibly comfortable.

Corey off the pace again - deliveries into the box all poor.

Lot of aimless hoofball particularly for a 20 min or so period during the 2nd half. As soon as we got the ball on the deck the dover giants couldnt live with it/us.

Cant believe sparkes didnt try rounding the GK late on when all the momentum was with him to do so.

2 wins in a row though - 5 off top (wrexham) - now important to follow up with another at lowly chester!
BB-Dagger

Top result and well deserved, Whitely May be off form in front of goal but he worked back and run his arse off covering back, Lokko also deserves a mention as he was outstanding in the first half, Lings cross was pinpoint for the goal and an excellent finish from Ferrier not to forget the superb throw from Cousins that started the move, some top class saves from him as well. tonight’s performance was that good even the four grumpy old gits who stand on the halfway line only moaned for 70 minutes!!!
matt_drfc

Dagdale wrote:Certainly a massive test for our daggers tonight, must take my hat off to Chris Kinnear lost goal machine Ricky Miller and a couple of others pre season and hasn't he done well feeling those gaps and wonder if its true was a daggers supporter? Also two old boys back if he's fit Josh Passley and Femi, nevertheless this could be our turning point tonight and sure we have the clout to do it, thus although a really tight match we will sneak it 1-0, well impressed with Lingy and Morgan to push it through.
Lottery numbers please Darryl.

Great performance tonight, battled well when needed and moved the ball nicely. Everyone played their part. Lokko won everything in the air, Howell worked his socks off and won the ball back so many times, Ferrier a constant threat and what a ball from Ling for the goal. Same again Saturday and we're right in the mix. Well done boys!
ARNU

Couldn't make it tonight but that's got to be a great result. Will be in Chester at the weekend though so would be a bit rude not to attend.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Best game I've seen down the Vic for ages, it had everything right end to end stuff and MY didn't daggers block them out well pending I know they should have done better with clear chances here and there, we just looked good all round as if we were determined to see the job done, end of. Obviously MC's contribution was top notch but every player done his part so well tonight, proud night to be a dagger, and we've all seen some bad refereeing this level, but top marks to the Ref tonight kept the game flowing nicely thus we got a great game of football and surely must put us on great confidence for Bumpers Lane now, thanks Matt
NickMurphy

If Lokko could not let the ball bounce from a punt upfield in future towards the end of the game that'd be great.

When are we crowning Ling Player of the Season?
stanton101

Can only echo what's been said. A much deserved victory against a decent side.
At this rate we're going to be hard pressed to keep Lingy. Motm by a country mile.
Well done boys.