Next up... Guiseley AFC

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

ARNU wrote:It's part of football at all levels maybe you should watch something else and find fault with that as well.
Oh look another high quality and intelligent response from Arnu.
Most teams don't set out the way that Guisely did yesterday, and you know it. Stop trying to be controversial and defending the utterly ridiculous.
ARNU

I've said nothing controversial. It's like taking the ball into the corner near the end to protect your lead. or keeping the ball rather than giving it away. Part of football you know it and now your having a shitfit cos you know I'm right. The ref added it all on at the end and we won. Win double for you moaning at the ref and the other team. Moaner !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Chigwellian

Arnu,... Doesn't it say something, when the goalie didn't seem to know how to run for any ball for 80minutes, and then would seem like he could give mo farrow a run for his money for the last 10 minutes.
That's really infuriating.
DevonDagger

Chigwellian wrote:Arnu,... Doesn't it say something, when the goalie didn't seem to know how to run for any ball for 80minutes, and then would seem like he could give mo farrow a run for his money for the last 10 minutes.
Now come on this is very controversial, Farah is a distance runner, not a sprinter ;)

But more seriously, I feel refs are a bit weak to it, if the ref did add on time to compensate yesterday, then that's a rarity from my viewing. Too many times substitutions, goalkicks and whatever else will take eternities but still only the mandatory 3 minutes will be added at the end.

The answer to avoiding time wasting is by having scored more goals than the opposition!
ARNU

Chigwellian wrote:Arnu,... Doesn't it say something, when the goalie didn't seem to know how to run for any ball for 80minutes, and then would seem like he could give mo farrow a run for his money for the last 10 minutes.
Yeah I was there and quite enjoyed yelling out take your time when we went 3-2 up. We know why teams do it and we'd do it too. If the ref doesn't crack down on it you're gonna take liberties aren't you ?. My point is purely why is anyone surprised and why does anyone get that angry over it. There's many a time when we have done it too. Just part of the game. It's down to the ref, yesterday's tolerated it.
NBDag

I don’t think a single person is surprised by it. Almost every team to come here this season has looked to run down the clock. All fans get angry at it as it’s outside of the spirit of the game and is practically unplayable if the referee won’t stop it, whereas holding the ball in the corner is smart play in consideration of the rules. Also I don’t think a single person in the ground would have been annoyed at Boucaud getting booked for his time wasting yesterday, if it was not for their keeper getting off for free.
If you believe that something being “just part of the game” is not worth complaining about, then heed your own words and stop moaning about the likes of Whitely for not being amazing every single game. Part of the game that players have dips in form is it not?
ARNU

That's me told !

You should have seen the bloke behind me, last person I saw that angry stabbed two security guards over being lobbed out of a club. Geezer must have gone home and bashed up anyone in his way he was so angry..Well they were time wasting weren't they ?