How is this fair on the players?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dj johnny b

I agree 100% Mike. On the rare occasions I've travelled to an away match I've often been embarrassed (at best) by the overall behaviour of some of our 'supporters', ranging from childish to downright foul mouthed and abusive. Sadly I hear much of the latter around me at home games too. It's got to stop. You get the club you deserve in the end.
My overriding question though is: why are some people just so angry? After all football's not that important.... is it? There must be something else.
lupins

Absolutely agree Mike we seem to have a crop of people who think because they are genuine supporters and go to every game that this affords the right to behave badly. It doesn't.
If you see some of the personal abuse dished out on here and the Facebook groups it's really just an extension of that so shouldn't be surprised really sad to say.
I agree with what Ian said originally about getting behind the team but it seems that if you lose that won't happen.
Dagdale

Long train passage home last night from Lime Street and on my own having many minutes to reflect on the day and especially the final incident/s at 5 and thought deeply about 'riding it out' and sadly saying that's how it can be here and there and especially didn't want to 'over react' and hit the forum and regret anything I may say on deep disappointed on what I like most in our end witnessed. I stress when fan/s whatever team are up tight about an issue they can 'boil over', any level of soccer is fast acting spur of the moment stuff and either going in a fan's way or completely opposite, that's the way it is and everybody connected in football know it, I also want to stress and as a person who travels away a lot a vast number of Daggers fans make such a strong strong effort to follow this club in the best way possible, and are a vast credit to the club, we don't come in a big number but what we do have we GIVE IT ALL on our journeys in the ground and OUT, but yesterday how can anyone of us truthfully not do something to make sure this don't happen again, we're definitely under the cosh a bit with a bad run of results, feel our team never showed up yesterday and not only let us down but themselves down but look at it more closely they had the decency to all come and applaud our efforts for making the trip and supporting the club at the end, please let's keep it decent forever
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well perhaps they are not being set a very good example

Ogogo gate at Aldershot
Hackett gate at Southport
Burnett gate at Yeovil
The incident at Mansfield
Ferdinand gate at Barnet

Oh then we had the incident with the current boss at Solihull this year
and then there is also reports of the behaviour of a board a Member yesterday on here.

There was only one of these incidents that I felt deserved the response it got all the others I thought were rather sad . Think you will agree that incident involving Pkayers, Coaches and Staff and now Board Members
have occured at at least one away game per season during the past 5 seasons.

Like you mate I find it all rather sad
lupins

I agree that ideally you don't want those sort of responses but if you have to put up with in your face abuse then some reaction back is occasionally inevitable
Get behind your Team and the whole thing becomes a better experience. No player goes out to play badly even the useless ones
Mike the Dagger

lupins wrote:I agree that ideally you don't want those sort of responses but if you have to put up with in your face abuse then some reaction back is occasionally inevitable
Get behind your Team and the whole thing becomes a better experience. No player goes out to play badly even the useless ones
You won't get anywhere on here talking that sort of sense.
SUSSEX DAGGER

lupins wrote:I agree that ideally you don't want those sort of responses but if you have to put up with in your face abuse then some reaction back is occasionally inevitable
I agreee whole heartedly with your view .

Over the years I think I have seen some very dire and abject performances and if I feel that strongly I leave and make my feelings known through other avenues such as this forum
and having frank exchangexof opinions with other fans.Not staying to applaud the Players was my way of showing my feelings to them.

Think I decided on that course of action on about three occassions . Don't see how throwing abuse at anybody helps because it simply don't.

These bust up have occurred now on at least one away game every season over the last 5 seasons and it's not only been the fans behaviour on occassions that have been subject to scrutiny.
Diggerthedog

John Still even said it was rubbish, it was a shocking performance. I only heard some colorful language I.E. its was F**king Rubbish Lads sort it out etc. There was not actual personal abuse more collective rants. Perhaps people would feel better if some of our fans got elocution lessons off a guy named Tarquin and then shout their feelings. That was not spiffing gentleman coming to the TBS this week.

Its a working mans game, too many snowflakes on here moaning about the fans as usual. Perhaps the ballet is a more suitable destination for some.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:John Still even said it was rubbish, it was a shocking performance. I only heard some colorful language I.E. its was F**king Rubbish Lads sort it out etc. There was not actual personal abuse more collective rants. Perhaps people would feel better if some of our fans got elocution lessons off a guy named Tarquin and then shout their feelings. That was not spiffing gentleman coming to the TBS this week.

Its a working mans game, too many snowflakes on here moaning about the fans as usual. Perhaps the ballet is a more suitable destination for some.
Yeah, spot on. Lets get some Madeline McCann chants going from the section in front of the racist flag, that'll really get the team going.
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:John Still even said it was rubbish, it was a shocking performance. I only heard some colorful language I.E. its was F**king Rubbish Lads sort it out etc. There was not actual personal abuse more collective rants. Perhaps people would feel better if some of our fans got elocution lessons off a guy named Tarquin and then shout their feelings. That was not spiffing gentleman coming to the TBS this week.

Yeah, spot on. Lets ghet some Madeline McCann chants going from the section in front of teh racist flag, that'll really get the team going.
Can you Ski?
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Can you Ski?
No mate.

No irony at all in someone calling people "snowflakes" who started a thread two days moaning about someone being rude to them in a pub is there?
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Can you Ski?
No mate.

No irony at all in someone calling people "snowflakes" who started a thread two days moaning about someone being rude to them in a pub is there?
Interview him about his rudeness.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Interview him about his rudeness.
His rudeness is legendary, especially after he's had a couple of beers. There are no excuses for that, but you shouldn't be surprised at it.
steeevooo

I do find it somewhat incredible that he is still allowed to drink and get rat arsed whilst acting in an official capacity as a representative of Dagenham & Redbridge FC. Nobody has any problem with a representative having a couple of beers providing they can maintain control and not potentially end up embarrassing themselves, and ergo the club (see Glyn, Dave Andrews (in times gone by) etc. enjoying a beer pre and post match). It's just remarkable that, given that he has done this on several occasions and therefore has form for it, that he is still allowed to carry on doing it IMO.
Daggernewbie

steeevooo wrote:I do find it somewhat incredible that he is still allowed to drink and get rat arsed whilst acting in an official capacity as a representative of Dagenham & Redbridge FC. Nobody has any problem with a representative having a couple of beers providing they can maintain control and not potentially end up embarrassing themselves, and ergo the club (see Glyn, Dave Andrews (in times gone by) etc. enjoying a beer pre and post match). It's just remarkable that, given that he has done this on several occasions and therefore has form for it, that he is still allowed to carry on doing it IMO.
Steeevooo remember he does nothing wrong apparently as he`s the pillar of society according to some.