Rebuilding club /supporters relations

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

As everyone knows the the club is trying to rebuild it`s relationship/trust with supporters again after all the damage done in the past,we understand the stance they have taken about the behaviour of our fans home and away,the banning of the Trump flag reasons given understood but Steve Thompson sending a email to AFC Fylde telling them the North Korean flag is banned as well and no reason given,at the fans forum Paul Gwinn stated the Trump flag is banned but there was no mention of the North Korean flag been banned so has Steve Thompson taken upon himself to start dictating what we can/can`t do again which is a step backwards in my mind and a few others.

On a lighter note at AFC Fylde they give season ticket holder discounts on their drinks at the bar which has a very good selection of beers etc. to choose from.This is something the club should look into to get all the supporters that drink elsewhere coming back to the club for pre-match drink and maybe stay after the game for a few more which in the long run helps rebuild the relationship between club and supporters,also puts more money in the club coffers.
Daggernewbie

Just had this posted on a thread I started on the national league banter page about discounts here are AFC Fylde discounts :-

Fylde's season tickets give us 10% discount anywhere inside the stadium, including the restaurant and Churchill's, for food and drink.

It also gives 15% off on all merchandise.

The season tickets will shortly, be able to have cash loaded onto it and will be able to be used as a cash card.

By the way there season ticket looks more like a credit/debit card.
NBDag

How do you know that Thommo sent this email? Or that an email was even what was behind the flag being banned? I'm assuming the Fylde safety officer wasn't waving this email about to our fans at the game, so how can we be 100% sure that this is what happened? Just think we should have some proof before starting a witch-hunt against the club. Also it's really hard to try and establish a motive for why he would suddenly turn against the North Korea flag.

Discount at the bar for ST holders would be good. Don't know if it's worth it for merchandise though. Saving 3/4 quid on a shirt wouldn't make me anymore likely to buy one.
Daggernewbie

NBDag wrote:How do you know that Thommo sent this email? Or that an email was even what was behind the flag being banned? I'm assuming the Fylde safety officer wasn't waving this email about to our fans at the game, so how can we be 100% sure that this is what happened? Just think we should have some proof before starting a witch-hunt against the club. Also it's really hard to try and establish a motive for why he would suddenly turn against the North Korea flag.

Discount at the bar for ST holders would be good. Don't know if it's worth it for merchandise though. Saving 3/4 quid on a shirt wouldn't make me anymore likely to buy one.
The email was read out to the supporters who had the flags by the steward.
NBDag

Well then- if it's definitely from Thommo then serious questions need to be asked. I wonder if we would be seeing this happen if certain overly-sensitive comments/threads weren't made on this forum.
ARNU

Is this really still a thing ??

How many supporters actually give a shit about this pointless Korean dagger flag really ??

(I cant see how it was offensive or what the fuss is in this instance but obviously someone don't like it) but this isn't a major breakdown of relations with fans is it ??
Its a couple of fans not seeing the bigger picture and having a tantrum cos they got told to clear up their toys.
The confederate one which does have some racist connotations so the club do have to act upon don't they,like they would a swastika.(Though the swastika is far more clearly an offensive symbol)

You cant slag the club for doing the right thing.Even if YOU don't think its right.

Make a Johnny Hoof flag or Mao Tse Thommo one LOL!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

NBDag wrote:Well then- if it's definitely from Thommo then serious questions need to be asked. I wonder if we would be seeing this happen if certain overly-sensitive comments/threads weren't made on this forum.
The club need start learning to sit down and talk to supporters face to face if they have an issue with any individual/group it more than likely achieve more than just getting flak afterwards.
Chigwellian

ARNU wrote:Mao Tse Thommo one LOL!!
I found one but can't seem to post it lol
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote:Is this really still a thing ??

How many supporters actually give a shit about this pointless Korean dagger flag really ??

(I cant see how it was offensive or what the fuss is in this instance but obviously someone don't like it) but this isn't a major breakdown of relations with fans is it ??
Its a couple of fans not seeing the bigger picture and having a tantrum cos they got told to clear up their toys.
The confederate one which does have some racist connotations so the club do have to act upon don't they,like they would a swastika.(Though the swastika is far more clearly an offensive symbol)

You cant slag the club for doing the right thing.Even if YOU don't think its right.

ARNU it`s the way Steve Thompson has gone about business yet again making the decision about the North Korean flag himself.
All the supporter/supporters ask for is to sit down and talk about any issues which the club have,in my mind that`s not asking for much.
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:

ARNU it`s the way Steve Thompson has gone about business yet again making the decision about the North Korean flag himself.
All the supporter/supporters ask for is to sit down and talk about any issues which the club have,in my mind that`s not asking for much.
Why is it that when it's something people don't like its all down to Thomson, but when it's something you do like it's all down to Glyn Hopkin?
If Hopkin is no effectively in charge then surely anything negative is as much down to him as anything positive is?

I'd rather the people running the club concentrated on running the club and didn't waste their time discussing stupid flags with people that act like children.
Daggernewbie

Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:

Why is it that when it's something people don't like its all down to Thomson, but when it's something you do like it's all down to Glyn Hopkin?
If Hopkin is no effectively in charge then surely anything negative is as much down to him as anything positive is?

I'd rather the people running the club concentrated on running the club and didn't waste their time discussing stupid flags with people that act like children.
The thing is Adrain this is down to Steve Thompson he sent the email if someone else sent it I`ll would say there name even if it was Glyn Hopkin and why is discussing any problems with supporters a bad thing ? part of running a club is to have a good relationship with supporters to keep them coming here if they alienate everyone there be no club.
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote: ARNU it`s the way Steve Thompson has gone about business yet again making the decision about the North Korean flag himself.

The thing is Adrain this is down to Steve Thompson he sent the email if someone else sent it I`ll would say there name even if it was Glyn Hopkin and why is discussing any problems with supporters a bad thing ? part of running a club is to have a good relationship with supporters to keep them coming here if they alienate everyone there be no club.
Of course Thompson sent the e-mail - he's the MD so would have day to day responsibility for stuff like that. That doesn't mean he's made the decision without the involvement of anyone else which is what you've said he's done. There's every chance that Hopkin has agreed it. You've just decided it must all be Thommo.
The club aren't alienating everyone - as Arnu has pointed out not many of our supporters actually care about this flag. It's not like it's some deep-rooted par of our history - it's just a childish dig at the club. Discussing this silly flag would be nothing more than a complete waste of time.
Diggerthedog

The North Korean Daggers flag has been going to games for what 3-4 years the sudden banning is a load of bollocks.
Daggernewbie

Adrain my point is doesn`t matter what the subject is sit down and talk and how do you know Glyn or anyone else knows anything about the email you are assuming they do,as for alienating supporters there a lot now that only come in to watch the game where before they have a drink before and afterwards so that lost income.
Alan

Can the people moaning about this latest tea set extreme weather simply email the club to complain/seek clarification?