Poppy's on England shirts

Discuss matters to do with anything football related
BB-Dagger

As a personal point of view I find FIFA a totally obnoxious piece of corrupt shit and I think that the English and Scottish teams should wear the poppy regardless of what some jumped up tart says, who the ****** is she to disrespect war heros of any nationality, get back to your ironing bitch and leave the football to those who understand offside.
rechitski kinzhal

In many ways I agree with you, FIFA are probably the worst sporting association globally and are corrupt, and not very bright. But there are far more serious arguments we should be getting into them with, aren't there? The Qatar and Russia stitch-up was so awful (not to mention the Blatter fiasco) that the "sensible" countries should just have walked away with a "no thanks, we will start our own World Cup". Others would have followed. Maybe FIFA would then have dissolved, because that is what should happen.
So in the scheme of things, whilst this latest nonsense is really quite pitiful, is it really so important to get worked up about? Let's be honest, 10 years ago football teams never wore poppies on their shirts. Surely the teams can be seen arriving at the stadium wearing poppies, and at post-match interviews, and on the way out. But do we really gain much by beating FIFA on this when there are so many other issues? Just a thought. I am open to being persuaded otherwise.
davei

RK wrote "Let's be honest, 10 years ago football teams never wore poppies on their shirts".

Correct, however, 20 years ago, they never wore advertisements on their shirts or boots either. I agree FIFA has way more to answer for and to address than the poppy issue, but, many of those who are no longer with us gave their lives so that as a nation, as a government and as a football association, in the UK, we could make decisions based on OUR beliefs and not those of a corrupt and morally bankrupt foreign body with little allegiance to anyone or anything.............
BB-Dagger

Fifa say that neither political or advertising slogans can be worn on shirts, the poppy isn't either of those, it as a sign of respect and shows the gratitude of all of us who live a free life without constraints. As for FIFA and the World Cup I really can't be bothered with any of it, both Russia and quatar bought the tournament with bribery to the corrupt arseholes at FIFA and I believe that if any of the genuine football associations around the world had any bollocks we would boycott these tournaments to show our disgust at the way it is all run.
Mike the Dagger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38368144*

Should tell them to shove their World Cup up their collective arses.

*This message sponsored by Budweiser, official beer of FIFA