EU referendum meeting at D and R 31st May

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
rechitski kinzhal

Should the club be holding a political meeting next Tuesday? Surely the answer is "yes" ... it is a commercial booking and also being organised by the local Chamber of Commerce and will be a debate giving both sides equal coverage?
Could you be influenced by such a meeting?
I must confess an interest here - I am an activist for "out". Personally I have found the "in" campaign to be pitiful, dishonest and guilty of presenting very vague possibilities as facts. Unfortunately the "out" campaign has really not got its act together and has often stooped to the same "silly" level as "in". The whole thing is shambolic on both sides which for me is a tragedy as I believe this is the biggest decision we have had to discuss for decades.
Where are you, and has your opinion changed?
IanC

Shouldn't this be in the other topics section of this forum.
mickeyblue

im in the out camp.
the problem with both sides looking and sounding pitiful is that 90% of politicians are exactly that. there not fit to run a bath let alone our country and where stuck with them.
just look at our new london mayor getting into a silly bitchy row with trump, i know where my money will go on that argument.

im pretty certain once we come out of eu that our prime minister will stike up some bad deal with them so we can continue to trade etc with europe and stay in favour with brussels.
but we finished 9th!
Paul from Barking

I am firmly in the "remain" camp. The EU has has jelped to krep the peace for 70 years. The EU is corrupt, lacks democratc accountability and in expensive.... butnobody dies anymore.

25,000,000 people died between 1939 & 1945.

Nie weider, plus jamais, never again
bloke down the pub

What this got to do about football ?
mickeyblue

Paul from Barking wrote:I am firmly in the "remain" camp. The EU has has jelped to krep the peace for 70 years. The EU is corrupt, lacks democratc accountability and in expensive.... butnobody dies anymore.

yeah ok we have not had a world war anything else to keep us in?
but we finished 9th!
Paul from Barking

mickeyblue wrote:
Paul from Barking wrote:I am firmly in the "remain" camp. The EU has has jelped to krep the peace for 70 years. The EU is corrupt, lacks democratc accountability and in expensive.... butnobody dies anymore.

yeah ok we have not had a world war anything else to keep us in?
When you trade with people, you have a reason for not warring with them. Being in the EU is corrupt and costs money of that there is little doubt.... but before you put your X in the leave box consider that the finest of our young from 2 generations in the last century spilt their blood on the killing fields of Flanders. I repeat, it is not perfect - but no longer do we live with the expectation of another mass clearout of our young men.

And if we leave, we will still have the problem of unintegrated people from various Islamic countries. Neither Portuguese nor Polish people behead other people caught drawing cartoons of sky faries, nor do they insist on ritual slaughter of animals. Leaving the EU would be like taking a laxative to cure a cold.
Blackie645

Paul from Barking, it is nato that has kept the peace not the Eu, you fool VOTE OUT people like u, haven't a clue what they are talking about, the remain camp are liers, everyone else wants out
Dagger83

Blackie645 wrote:Paul from Barking, it is nato that has kept the peace not the Eu, you fool VOTE OUT people like u, haven't a clue what they are talking about, the remain camp are liers, everyone else wants out
Well that's convinced me...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Paul from Barking

Blackie645 wrote:Paul from Barking, it is nato that has kept the peace not the Eu, you fool VOTE OUT people like u, haven't a clue what they are talking about, the remain camp are liers, everyone else wants out
Without personally insulting me for having a differing opinion from yours? Or are you incapable of respecting somebody who has formed a different view from you? The EU lacks democracy - risible from someone who insults someone exercising freedom of speech in his view of democracy!

As for NATO - I absolutely accept that NATO has been a PART of helping to maintain the peace in Europe... But NATO has been like the roof over which the house of the EU has been built. NATO alone has not, in my view, solely kept the peace in Europe. The EU has been very good for all the peoples of Europe - including us.

I will repeat what I said earlier: Other Europeans (who broadly do thik like us) do NOT run around beheading people for being infidels nor do they insist we have to do it here like they do back there where they came from. If we leave the EU, it will be like taking a laxative to cure a headache.

The culture of this country is to drive on the left. We eat bacon. We have only one wife. We keep dogs as pets. We respect other people's rights to hold all manner of religious views and we don't murder them nor condone such murder for "taking the piss" out of such religious views. Can you imagine an Islamic Dave Allen type character? Because I certainly can't.

Racism: I will repeat what I have said so many times. I don't care where people come from, who they prey to, what gender they are or who they go to bed with.... We drive on the left here and eat bacon. If you don't like it - why did you come here and ****** off and go somewhere else because your presence causes trouble amongst the rest of us here; both the idigenous natives and integrated 1st & 2nd generation newcomers.
Diggerthedog

Paul from Barking wrote:
Without personally insulting me for having a differing opinion from yours? Or are you incapable of respecting somebody who has formed a different view from you? The EU lacks democracy - risible from someone who insults someone exercising freedom of speech in his view of democracy!

As for NATO - I absolutely accept that NATO has been a PART of helping to maintain the peace in Europe... But NATO has been like the roof over which the house of the EU has been built. NATO alone has not, in my view, solely kept the peace in Europe. The EU has been very good for all the peoples of Europe - including us.

I will repeat what I said earlier: Other Europeans (who broadly do thik like us) do NOT run around beheading people for being infidels nor do they insist we have to do it here like they do back there where they came from. If we leave the EU, it will be like taking a laxative to cure a headache.

The culture of this country is to drive on the left. We eat bacon. We have only one wife. We keep dogs as pets. We respect other people's rights to hold all manner of religious views and we don't murder them nor condone such murder for "taking the piss" out of such religious views. Can you imagine an Islamic Dave Allen type character? Because I certainly can't.

Racism: I will repeat what I have said so many times. I don't care where people come from, who they prey to, what gender they are or who they go to bed with.... We drive on the left here and eat bacon. If you don't like it - why did you come here and ****** off and go somewhere else because your presence causes trouble amongst the rest of us here; both the idigenous natives and integrated 1st & 2nd generation newcomers.

I knew you talked crap but what the ****** is this bollocks, take your medicine and have a sleep.

Mods - Lock/delete this crap.
Alan

Think this needs to go to the other topics forum.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Cor..................anyone fancy a roof on the Bury Road End?
Kevin

Alan wrote:Think this needs to go to the other topics forum.
You reasonable b#stard Alan - the possibility of any impending war based on us leaving/staying within a trade-based union is vital as to whether we have a chance of a top 10 finish next year.

Incidentally, I heard that Rampant Duke's Coventry contact said that Jodi Jones was included in the price charged by the club for holding this particular meeting.

:P
Paul from Barking

Diggerthedog wrote:
Paul from Barking wrote:

I knew you talked crap but what the ****** is this bollocks, take your medicine and have a sleep.

Mods - Lock/delete this crap.

Diggerthedog = Someone who allows any opinion whcich doesn't conflict with his own and who is unable to rationally discuss such differences by voicing counter arguments to somone voicing a different point of view.

"Mods - lock/delete thi crap" = don't let anyone have an opinion I don't agree with.

Risible moron. I do hope you've not taught your children how to discuss stuff like what's on the telly tonight. Betcha don't even let them draw cartoons either, do ya?