Football League

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

What are your stand out moments from the very many to choose from.

A couple instantly spring to mind for me.

That 1st game, away to Stockport was surreal. We actually put up a decent enough fight that game, against what was a decent Stockport team. Coming away losing only 1-0 was nothing to be ashamed of.

The 3-3 draw against Scunthorpe was quite something.
Pre-storm we were barely in the game at all (3-0 down if remember rightly) then the heavens opened spectacularly and the rest is history.

The League 2 playoffs obviously dont need going into but how amazing were they!

The coverage, albeit only a tiny bit more extensive on SSN / Soccer Satuday, seeing the goals as they go in occasionally on Tues nights.

9 goes at winning a game in the League cup and failing on every single bloody occasion.
Still dont know how we failed to hold on to the 6-5 lead v the 10 men of Brentford!!!

This season aside, its not been a bad ride has it.
BB-Dagger

Many outstanding moments, play off final being a great day for everyone,
in league 1 we were in fact pretty unlucky at times, if it wasnt for a couple of deflected own goals at home when we ended up with a draw instead of a win we would have stayed up and who knows what would have happened, at the moment though Im pretty fed up as I dont think we are going to return to league football any time soon. :(
The Romford Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:What are your stand out moments from the very many to choose from.

A couple instantly spring to mind for me.

That 1st game, away to Stockport was surreal. We actually put up a decent enough fight that game, against what was a decent Stockport team. Coming away losing only 1-0 was nothing to be ashamed of.

The 3-3 draw against Scunthorpe was quite something.
Pre-storm we were barely in the game at all (3-0 down if remember rightly) then the heavens opened spectacularly and the rest is history.

The League 2 playoffs obviously dont need going into but how amazing were they!

The coverage, albeit only a tiny bit more extensive on SSN / Soccer Satuday, seeing the goals as they go in occasionally on Tues nights.

9 goes at winning a game in the League cup and failing on every single bloody occasion.
Still dont know how we failed to hold on to the 6-5 lead v the 10 men of Brentford!!!

This season aside, its not been a bad ride has it.
That Scunny game was outrageous. Norris' goal to make it 3-3 at the death.

I've never seen a game temporarily postponed in the 87th minute.
BarkingRambo

Stand out moments for me

The league 1 year. I thought we tried hard to stay in the league and to only go down on the last day of the season was outstanding by us considering the caliber of the clubs in the league that year. Throw into this any of the decent results we got at home, beating Charlton, drawing with Sheffield Wednesday. Southampton coming to visit us with Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlin, Lambert playing and Schneiderlin being an unused sub on the bench that day.

Vincelot's first goal for the club. If i remember rightly it was against Burton. He takes a couple of touches, not much into their half, then hammers it in. The start of something special for us.

Its back to league 1 again. First game of the season and visiting HIllsborough, that was almost as proud a feeling as winning at Wembley, it felt like we had made it and the play offs wasn't just a dream. Also on the tram bumping into a Rotherham supporting ticket conductor, Sheffield Wednesday fans on board doing "there's only 1 team in Sheffield" chants for us to reply with "United".
dagger4eva

League Cup visit to Cardiff - only the 2nd club to ever visit their new stadium.

Lost the game 3-1 but a fantastic day out and some great 'bants' with the Cardiff supporters.

-----------------------

Bas Savage' funky hair styles and even funkier goal celebrations..

I’ll also never fathom the fact that as great as the league 1 season was – we went into the highest level this club ever competed at with possibly the worst strike force it’s ever had (again, aside from this season obviously)
TommyD&R

dagger4eva wrote:I’ll also never fathom the fact that as great as the league 1 season was – we went into the highest level this club ever competed at with possibly the worst strike force it’s ever had (again, aside from this season obviously)
Still sure we would've stayed up if we hung on to Benno
NickMurphy

You're not beating that 2-2 draw at The Valley, for me.

Honourable mentions to the 6-2 over Chester in our first season, the 2-1 win over Gillingham a few seasons back when we knew we were safe and the 3-3 at home to Scunthorpe. (Aside from the Morecambe and Wembley games, obviously).
DaggerJoel11

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Everton game. That was our last FA Cup game as a Football League club, that has to be up there.

The obvious others include the Playoffs and the subsequent League One season. There have been very few since then, but the thrilling draws against Scunthorpe and Brentford are amongst some of my favourite games. My favourite away game is probably either Tranmere last season, Gillingham away or the 5-2 JPT victory at Southend.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

The power cut before the televised Brentford game still cracks me up, and when that game was finally played I remember it being a great one. Getting so close to the play offs in 2009 was also pretty amazing when you think about it.

Also any game that featured Romain Vincelot.
rechitski kinzhal

The 3-0 away win at Notts Co before we went up. The oldest club in the football league, a club that were regularly beating the top clubs in the country when they were in the top tier within (my) memory, a famous club .... and we just strolled past them with ease thanks to Matt Richie.
And Shrewsbury at home 5-0 having already beaten them 5-0 when we played them in the Conference.
dagger4eva

Just thought of another absolute belter

Daggers 5
Rotherham 0

The atmosphere that day was as good as anything I can ever remember at Victoria Rd. With a performance to boot!

Cheer up Stevie Evans.......
TommyD&R

I know we lost in the end but the 6-6 with Brentford was great fun to watch
TommyD&R

NBDag wrote:The power cut before the televised Brentford game still cracks me up, and when that game was finally played I remember it being a great one. Getting so close to the play offs in 2009 was also pretty amazing when you think about it.
And we was never again selected for a league game to be televised after that
Diggerthedog

TommyD&R wrote:
NBDag wrote:The power cut before the televised Brentford game still cracks me up, and when that game was finally played I remember it being a great one. Getting so close to the play offs in 2009 was also pretty amazing when you think about it.
And we was never again selected for a league game to be televised after that
But then we paid a few hundred thousand to have the floodlights upgraded to HD ready TV because of league rules yet many teams have still failed at that rule.....
Morecambe_Shrimp

We came up together in 2007 so I'm sorry about what looks inevitable.

A bad time to leave the FL , our chairman said at a recent fans forum that the TV money for league 2 clubs is going up substantially this Summer.

Cheltenham seem to have bounced back straight away so there is some inspiration.

Good luck !