Southend on Tuesday

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
shrimperama

ARNU wrote:I'll be there but it is a shithole of a ground considering how mighty a team like Southend are.Why would Southend suddenly go from being a pushover to victors in just 3 weeks anyway ? Its more of a disgrace for them to lose to us innit ?? 5-2 again...why not ??

Its not a shithole of a ground we just give the worst facilities in the stadium to away fans as unlike yourselves we dont have to rely on away support to turn a few quid over. Its actually in my opinion one of the better grounds in the league in terms of being a real football ground rather than a plastic fantastic and if theres a better pitch in the league id like to see it.

Why would change from being pushovers to victors? Maybe because we played a reserve side or maybe because we just had one of those games where would could of easily have got something but self destructed.

You wont find us so easy this time around.

I cant wait for tonight when you bring 600 odd away fans and then moan that we didnt allocate like 2000 odd seats.
Dagger Steve

Woodford Dagger wrote:
Dagger Steve wrote:
shrimperama wrote:I think and hope sincerely that we absolutely smash you tomorrow night and in all honesty i would much rather the 3 points than a win in the JPT. The likely hood is you will be going out next round anyhow given the opposition.

If we play like we played against fleetwood you will get steam rolled.

By nice to see more than a few hundred in the away but please dont moan you didnt have the whole stand when you can even half fill it.

Ready for a tear up? The IDF are going to take your end.
Didn't know we had fans in the Israeli army.
The Inter Dagenham Firm.
We've been dormant for the last few seasons, but making a big comeback tonight. Gonna be carnage, proper aggro.
ARNU

Being serious for once.....

You harp on about us bringing 600 (it was 800+ the year before last the 1-1 game)but we only have 1500 die hard fans anyway so that's over a third of our support well be bringing.The problem with your ground for us is that you stuff us into a corner not big enough for us and you put two big fat old mouthy slobs with their shirts off and a bunch of wannabe southend football hooligans (whose mum waits for them outside) right next to us when you could just give us a bit more space in the 1st place.Every game Ive been to the ground the stewards don't know what to do so it is a shambles.

You may win,difference is you expect too.Then when you lose for once its excuses.Remember this though,tonight you are playing a team of players who haven't been bought but largely developed from non league and Id imagine with your reserves you should be taxing us anyway.

The fact remains you are in the same league as little old Dagenham and your ground is never full either.What will you get tonight 4000 including us ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger Steve

shrimperama wrote:
ARNU wrote:I'll be there but it is a shithole of a ground considering how mighty a team like Southend are.Why would Southend suddenly go from being a pushover to victors in just 3 weeks anyway ? Its more of a disgrace for them to lose to us innit ?? 5-2 again...why not ??

Its not a shithole of a ground we just give the worst facilities in the stadium to away fans as unlike yourselves we dont have to rely on away support to turn a few quid over. Its actually in my opinion one of the better grounds in the league in terms of being a real football ground rather than a plastic fantastic and if theres a better pitch in the league id like to see it.

Why would change from being pushovers to victors? Maybe because we played a reserve side or maybe because we just had one of those games where would could of easily have got something but self destructed.

You wont find us so easy this time around.

I cant wait for tonight when you bring 600 odd away fans and then moan that we didnt allocate like 2000 odd seats.
To be fair, i dont understand all the criticism aimed at Roots Hall.
As shrimpy says, at least its got a bit of soul about it. Much rather visit there than the likes Kassam or Colchesters ground.
shrimperama

ARNU wrote:Being serious for once.....

You harp on about us bringing 600 (it was 800+ the year before last the 1-1 game)but we only have 1500 die hard fans anyway so that's over a third of our support well be bringing.The problem with your ground for us is that you stuff us into a corner not big enough for us and you put two big fat old mouthy slobs with their shirts off and a bunch of wannabe southend football hooligans (whose mum waits for them outside) right next to us when you could just give us a bit more space in the 1st place.Every game Ive been to the ground the stewards don't know what to do so it is a shambles.

You may win,difference is you expect too.Then when you lose for once its excuses.Remember this though,tonight you are playing a team of players who haven't been bought but largely developed from non league and Id imagine with your reserves you should be taxing us anyway.

The fact remains you are in the same league as little old Dagenham and your ground is never full either.What will you get tonight 4000 including us ??
In all seriousness i like the games against not just because in the most part we seem to win , but because without col u and orient its a bit of a soulless league.

As for tonight i would expect between 6-7k for the game which is decent by league 2 standards.

There will be NO home fans in the away end this year we will be situated in the west stand.
jake-the-dagger

After 7 goals in the last game and 4 in 8 minutes for ourselves its got 0-0 written all over it this time.
only the truth

Roots Hall is a dump and thats the truth.
We do expect to win against Dagenham but the truth is we should not.
We are just as broke as you , in fact more so.
We run the team by getting into debt which we can not pay back.
You have now become the game I never miss home and away and I am looking forward to this one as much as ever.
Good luck this season and I hope you get promoted with us and we can renew this rivalry in div 1.
Though lets be honest it will probably be 2 again for us both next year.
ARNU

It is the sensible thing to do give us the whole end and leave 2 thirds of it empty.We get a bit of space to move and we wont have to put up with the fat baldy slobs at such close quarters again this year.Offering to fight 15 year old boys whilst they are in their 40's.They are an embarrassment to your club .I wish the stewards would let them actually get over to us just the once so they could get battered to death by the 15 year olds they clearly want to fiddle with.Maybe it'll keep our morons quiet too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
HogansHeros

Get in! 1-0 up and Shrimpers down to 10 men.
FullMetalDagger

and it's finished 1-0 to the Daggers!!

GET IN BOYS!!!
Penfold

I think Shrimpy has left early and taken his coat!!!!
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
daggers-gal

Great Result tonight!!! Well done boys!!
Auntie Merge

Fabulous result!
TheLion

Home to the league leaders on Saturday. I cannot wait!

A draw at Northampton and a win at Southend ==== Anything is possible this season!
bearaab

Great result. Looking forward to Saturday now, first game since York! Nice too see Murphy right up there in the top scorers as well.