Fleetwood Town-Nathan Pond

Discuss matters to do with anything football related
Lcbdagger

Not our team obviously but a genuinly amazing feat considering how far these guys have come in the past decade... unlikely to be beaten any time soon... I would have thought that any other teams with a bit of money racing up the leagues are unlikely to be keeping the same squad members for this period of time

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ord-holder
rechitski kinzhal

...... Or everything one hates about football, depending on your perspective.
Dagdale

I'd say well done Cod Army and good luck to them, talking about there (so far) good achievement in first realms of League One, of course very early yet but they came up more than once over late conversations last night and early today at Hartlepool's gathering of sore hangover heads. Goes to show, if fingers crossed, we can follow suit. They like us get low home crowds so just love it when so called small clubs not glory hunting fans get real pleasure in seeing their small sides rise. Also along with pools, many of us who travel away love going their manor, especially attached to lively Blackpool, and have always made us quite welcome.
matt_drfc

Dagdale wrote:I'd say well done Cod Army and good luck to them, talking about there (so far) good achievement in first realms of League One, of course very early yet but they came up more than once over late conversations last night and early today at Hartlepool's gathering of sore hangover heads. Goes to show, if fingers crossed, we can follow suit. They like us get low home crowds so just love it when so called small clubs not glory hunting fans get real pleasure in seeing their small sides rise. Also along with pools, many of us who travel away love going their manor, especially attached to lively Blackpool, and have always made us quite welcome.
They've had plenty of dosh to help them though
rechitski kinzhal

The "dosh" is exactly what I was referring to. When the new Chairman arrived they had 103 attendance for their first game .... that was only about 10 years ...... so the number of real fans that can enjoy the ride is minimal. All the rest of the people who go to watch them are indeed "glory-hunters", the majority of who will leave when they get back down to the Conference. Just see where they are in the next 10 years ...... the money at some stage will not be enough to progress further, and I expect they are about as far as they can go now.
It may seem like a fairy-tale, but for every club that "buys" success, it means that another well-run club (i.e. like us, or Morecambe) will be denied the opportunity. Salisbury City had a similar influx of money over the last few years which took them from insolvency a few years ago to ....... insolvency now !(just missed the Conference play-offs last season, not playing this season).The same will happen to the majority of Crawley, Stevenage, Eastleigh, Forest Green, Brackley and several others just like it has already happened to Rushden and Diamonds, Weymouth, Truro, Hornchurch, Canvey, Histon and Boston.
Diggerthedog

rechitski kinzhal wrote:The "dosh" is exactly what I was referring to. When the new Chairman arrived they had 103 attendance for their first game .... that was only about 10 years ...... so the number of real fans that can enjoy the ride is minimal. All the rest of the people who go to watch them are indeed "glory-hunters", the majority of who will leave when they get back down to the Conference. Just see where they are in the next 10 years ...... the money at some stage will not be enough to progress further, and I expect they are about as far as they can go now.
It may seem like a fairy-tale, but for every club that "buys" success, it means that another well-run club (i.e. like us, or Morecambe) will be denied the opportunity. Salisbury City had a similar influx of money over the last few years which took them from insolvency a few years ago to ....... insolvency now !(just missed the Conference play-offs last season, not playing this season).The same will happen to the majority of Crawley, Stevenage, Eastleigh, Forest Green, Brackley and several others just like it has already happened to Rushden and Diamonds, Weymouth, Truro, Hornchurch, Canvey, Histon and Boston.
Crawley has already started the down turn since they have stopped winning on a regular basis the crowds have fallen right away. They averaged a few hundred less then us in the conference. Normal service is always resumed at these clubs at some point and then they beg for bucket collections. :lol: