ULTIMATE TAMPLIN / ALL THINGS BILLERICAY THREAD

Discuss matters to do with anything football related
Voice of reason

lupins wrote:Well said Mike on all points including Tampling

And for the record if Bennett and Thompson were not rated is it likely that Mr Hopkin would have entertained working with them and investing
To be fair to them there are plenty of people at other clubs ultimately including Billericay who believed in what GT was putting forward
With the club in the difficulties it was at the time it's maybe understandable that the board were open to what on the face of it appeared a viable option
Best to look at it as valuable experience really
canveydagger

1) In today (11-7-2017) Southend/ Basildon and Castle Point Echo it has been reported that Ian Hendon (Billericay director of football), has been sacked or let go by Glenn Tamplin after he lost his trust in him.

Apparently Ian Hendon went for a meeting with another club without Tamplins knowledge. Ian Hendon said he was looking at another players at that club. then Tamplin say he found out after that this was not true. He lasted about four weeks in to this job

2) Alan Bowers (It says he played for West Ham, Orient and Dagenham),

this is not in the local echo, Glenn Tamplin has said he hoping he good mate and former footballer Alan Bowers will became a share holder at Billericay, after he (Alan Bowers) failed to take over at Leyton Orient this summer, but he was pointed out to me that this Alan Bowlers as spent time behind bars for dealing in stolen cars a few years back,

Maybe we can count our self's lucky, that we might have ended up with people on the board like this, but only time will tell. if it our loss and Billericay gain.
dagger4eva

http://www.phoenixfm.com/2017/07/17/bus ... icay-town/

This is worth a listen!

Self confessed wage budget of over 20k per week yet insists they "arent buying the league". In addition, they apparently now arent paying a single player over 1k per week. Rightio.

Also, for a mega rich, multi multi millionaire is now having to take out loans to finish the stadium improvements.

Anyway.. enjoy lol
RayleighDagger1986

Not surprised
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (78.75 KiB) Viewed 44012 times
Auntie Merge

According to Confguide the price has been dropped to £3 after a backlash from fans. Tamplin is meant to have said the programme is of premier league standard.
RayleighDagger1986

How can he justify those prices? Yes ok he's argued that the quality if the programme is that of premier league standard but do fans at that level insist on premier league standards??i doubt that to be the case.
dagger4eva

The gift that keeps on giving:

So - despite last week claiming to not be buying the league, have now announced the signing of Wales International, Rob Davies - and are also (allegedly) just about to announce the signing of Phillipe Senderos.

There extortionately priced programmes (£4) have been reduced to £3 after 'feedback' from fans.

And the 'Ricay cheerleaders have been dropped after a number of the girls were (allegedly) distracting the squad by dishing out their phone numbers.

Beats following shit like love island for entertainment!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
A S dagger97

dagger4eva wrote:Beats following shit like love island for entertainment!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
GT and will probably be on that show in 12 months time if it gets another series and Ricay are still in The Ryman
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Alan

dagger4eva wrote:The gift that keeps on giving:

So - despite last week claiming to not be buying the league, have now announced the signing of Wales International, Rob Davies - and are also (allegedly) just about to announce the signing of Phillipe Senderos.

There extortionately priced programmes (£4) have been reduced to £3 after 'feedback' from fans.

And the 'Ricay cheerleaders have been dropped after a number of the girls were (allegedly) distracting the squad by dishing out their phone numbers.

Beats following shit like love island for entertainment!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob Davies has a Towie connection, I believe.
Mark

I've heard of a lot of obscure footballers but I've never heard of him!
A S dagger97

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... icay-town/

I'm not surprised by anything involving this lot now, just interested in where this path leads to.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Alan

BBC reckon he's signing Jermaine Pennant as well.
A S dagger97

Alan wrote:BBC reckon he's signing Jermaine Pennant as well.
With a reported 3k a week deal

Mark

I'm just pleased the circus isn't us. Turned the club into a toy. Any idiot with a few quid can buy a league title, makes an absolute mockery of the division.
dagger4eva

I might have been mistaken as it seems the latest BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG GUN is in fact Jermaine Pennant on a cool £3k per week of totally (honest guv) clean cash.

8-)