ULTIMATE TAMPLIN / ALL THINGS BILLERICAY THREAD

Discuss matters to do with anything football related
dagger4eva

Tamplin is undoubtedly doing and carrying out a lot of the things he said he would - though I'd love to know if it was all legit money actually doing it.

Anyway, he seems to have caused a real stir with one of his latest tweets. Considering his very own Jamie O'Hara recently had depression it's a little odd... then again I'm hardly shocked by anything he does/says.

His twitter account is generally comedy gold none-the-less - recommend anyone to follow just for the shits & giggles.

https://twitter.com/glenntamplin/status ... 1875143680
TommyD&R

Just emphasises how childish he is. Anyone who says anything negative just usually gets a reply of a picture of one of his expensive cars. Again, childish.
Auntie Merge

A friend shared this with me.
He is going to have a 'Muriel' in the ground. Pmsl.

https://mobile.twitter.com/glenntamplin ... d-capacity

Its fun to watch whilst it lasts.
I still think that he will quit, blaming the league, the FA and the council for stopping his dream.

I also think we got the much better deal. Glyn Hopkin is a Dagger.
Daggernewbie

Why is a Tamplin post on this daggers forum page ?
Alan

For god's sake Newbie.
Voice of reason

Daggernewbie wrote:Why is a Tamplin post on this daggers forum page ?
To remind us of our good fortune that Glynn Hopkin stepped up
Daggernewbie

Voice of reason wrote:
He`s gone so why do people keep posting things about him, can`t we just forget him and move on ?
dagger4eva

Voice of reason wrote:
And to remind us that Thompson DESPERATELY tried selling us down the river to this chap.

Thread has more relevance to Daggers than the Hillsborough enquiry...
diggerdagger1

Don't forget the other person who also desperately tried to sell us down the river!

Take a bow BENNETT!!!
TommyD&R

Voice of reason wrote:
And it's the main source of entertainment while there's no matches to watch
Mike the Dagger

diggerdagger1 wrote:Don't forget the other person who also desperately tried to sell us down the river!

Take a bow BENNETT!!!
Welcome back fella, where have you been hiding?

I presume that is "BENNETT" the club shirt sponsor for many years and massive investor (past and present), both financially and time, in the football club you allegedly support? He is still not due a bit of respect for that then?

For the record, I am finding a lot of Tamplin's social media amusing also, however he has shoved tons of cash into Billericay and so far done exactly what he promised to do, including hugely boosting the football club's profile. There is little doubt that a lot of people are waiting for the inevitable disaster down the line, but you just never know.

Yeah I know, I'm biased ;)

It looks like great work on the ground, squad and facilities by the current board (including Glyn Hopkin, THOMPSON & BENNETT) over the summer, I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements in 2017/18.
lupins

Well said Mike on all points including Tampling

And for the record if Bennett and Thompson were not rated is it likely that Mr Hopkin would have entertained working with them and investing
durnzo

I had a little butchers at his social media doofer and it is entertaining, he's a grade A tool but there's no crime in that. I say live and let live.

One thing that did catch my eye was a post about an 8000 seat stadium. I think it was supposed to be an official looking announcement about serious plans to develop but it comes across as a school child's wish list!! The "banging sound system" bullet point really amused me.

I know the area very well and there's no way on gods green earth that they could fill an 8000 seat stadium, the whole areas West ham mad and now the stadium is on the train line and doing cheapish tickets there's not a chance. Plus the fact that the larger towns in Essex see Billericay as a snobbish, posh area (honestly!!!) There's very little chance of them attracting a lot of followers from there.

Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds from a safe distance!!!
Auntie Merge

lupins wrote:Well said Mike on all points including Tampling

And for the record if Bennett and Thompson were not rated is it likely that Mr Hopkin would have entertained working with them and investing
Partly true. But Glyn Hopkin doesn't know either of them like we do.
Give it time.
lupins

Give me strength