So, You Are Thommo, or Dave The Plumber....... (PART TWO)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Little quiet on here so thought I’d chuck something into the mix.

A lot’s been said about the club’s current ambitions – given the endless discussion of Wayne having the sole remit of staying in the division.

So, YOU are Tommo or Dave the Plumb and it is down to YOU to provide a remit to Wayne or the new manager (as applicable) for next season.

Would you harbour any greater ambitions than the one set by the current board?

Me personally, would give a remit of mounting a serious challenge for the playoff places. Insist we make it past Round 1 of the League Cup. And last but not least, give a strict instruction to abolish our ridiculous kick off routine. I know there's not a hope in hell's chance of the last 2 items coming true :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Discuss....
Lcbdagger

No point mentioning the first to a manager without the funds to back that wish up...

Second in particular will never happen
PaulHornchurch

The remit will be as always :-
1) Stay in the League
2) Progress as far as poss in 3 Cups
3) Try to integrate youth and sell one on.

We expect the club to reduce the budget next season so the above is as good as it gets.

If anyone wins the lottery and gives WB a extra £1 million that change number 1 to play offs. Even WB would except that would be minimum requirement
SteveW

Come on let's have REAL ambition.

I'd go for a minimum of....
The L2 title wrapped up for Christmas
Win the johnstones paint trophy playing only the u16's
Win the league cup playing only reserve and/or loan players
Win the FA Cup (I'd probably relent and let him use first team players for that)

Also....
I'd have Michelin starred chefs doing the pre match catering
Free drinks all season for all season ticket holders. This can be consumed in the TBS stand if desired.
Limos arranged to bring home supporters into and away from the ground at a time of their choosing.
Free 1st class travel to away games.
Heated toilet seats (most important)

Not sure if I've missed anything but I have a few months to think about it.
The Romford Dagger

SteveW wrote:Come on let's have REAL ambition.

I'd go for a minimum of....
The L2 title wrapped up for Christmas
Win the johnstones paint trophy playing only the u16's
Win the league cup playing only reserve and/or loan players
Win the FA Cup (I'd probably relent and let him use first team players for that)

Also....
I'd have Michelin starred chefs doing the pre match catering
Free drinks all season for all season ticket holders. This can be consumed in the TBS stand if desired.
Limos arranged to bring home supporters into and away from the ground at a time of their choosing.
Free 1st class travel to away games.
Heated toilet seats (most important)

Not sure if I've missed anything but I have a few months to think about it.
That's by far my favourite post of the season! Maybe even get to the semi-finals of the Essex Cup for once also.
Mike the Dagger

PaulHornchurch wrote:The remit will be as always :-
1) Stay in the League
2) Progress as far as poss in 3 Cups
3) Try to integrate youth and sell one on.

We expect the club to reduce the budget next season so the above is as good as it gets.

If anyone wins the lottery and gives WB a extra £1 million that change number 1 to play offs. Even WB would except that would be minimum requirement
We had the equivalent of a lottery win in the Dwight Gayle deal. That is now all gone though.

Item 2 is interesting. We went out at the first stage of all three. Unlucky in the League Cup, but were piss poor in the other two when the FA Cup draw was a potential winning lottery ticket we left in our jeans pocket and it got washed.
Mark

Top requirements for me are 100% effort on and off the pitch, and keeping our togetherness as a club. For a lot of the last 2 years I would strongly question both of these. We seem to be getting it back now and hopefully it is to stay.

On the playoff point, it strikes me that in this division money isn't as important as it might be. As we used to say under JS in the conference, hard work beats talent when talent don't work hard. Lots of the big money players in the division are here for a pay day. If you get my first points right I see no reason we can't mount the odd playoff bid every few years.
Lcbdagger

Good start for me would be, if you are going to lose to a non league team in the cup, don't make it a team that are fighting relegation themselves in the division below... And try to score once in two games if you get pulled in to a replay against them!