So, You Are Thommo, or Dave The Plumber.......

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bloke down the pub

Time to go.
Chigwellian

Everyone knows my view of the clown...

It is very much overdue for him to pack his bag, together with his thug coach.

They both need to sign in to an anger management clinic.

Yes, we have done well in the past couple of months, but to be honest, I think its more luck than anything else that a formation has been found that works.

I think if monkeys were put in charge with squad numbers, they would eventually put them in an order that works.

They have alienated supporters, and that is something that should never happen in a club like ours
Auntie Merge

Before this last trail of results I think almost all of us were saying we wanted him out. I can't remember a time in years when supporters were so united in wanting a manager out (except perhaps Dave Cusack?).

As has been said above
He has alienated supporters, something which is really difficult to do at a club like ours. Financially that could cripple us far more than paying another manager. Against Plymouth there were about 10 empty seats around me, all held by season ticket holders. Some have said they will not renew next season. If that is happening elsewhere around the ground that spells huge trouble. What is likely to make them renew? A change of manager; the expectation that the club wants better next season, not more of the same.
It takes a lot of work for the club to bring in new supporters, we need to be doing all we can to retain the ones we have.
Mark

If we continue in this vein he deserves to stay. However, I am incredibly worried about what the summer brings in terms of ins and outs. Even if we lost 3 or 4 of the current first eleven we'd be struggling and I can see us losing 8 or 9. Can he pick and attract the right replacements?

I do agree that bigger clubs will probably take a look because of where we are now on our budget. However I do think he'd struggle anywhere bigger with more pressure and expectation. He isn't renowned for spending the budget wisely or keeping his tantrums under wraps.
stanton101

To be virtually safe at this point in the season compared to where we were at Christmas is a big turn around and for that WB has to be given the credit he deserves. Yes the fans have had pops at him and he has had a go back and somewhat alienated himself as a result, but that I believe is down to both sides passion about the club. No one goes out on saturday to get beat or play shite football, but it happens, that's the nature of the game. For the disgruntled fans who either stay away or are determined not to renew season tickets that is of course entirely their decision. But if they are expecting us to suddenly employ a new man with fresh ideas and the type of tippy tappy football barcelona esc style, then be realistic. Its not going to happen. We are what we are a very small fish in a very big pond surviving on a week to week basis, and at the moment doing so quite easily on the pitch. For those that stay away on saturday enjoy yourselves, gardenings not too clever, columbo's a repeat, and the mrs I'll nag the arse off ya. I know where I'll be. COYR.
Mike the Dagger

stanton101 wrote:To be virtually safe at this point in the season compared to where we were at Christmas is a big turn around and for that WB has to be given the credit he deserves. Yes the fans have had pops at him and he has had a go back and somewhat alienated himself as a result, but that I believe is down to both sides passion about the club. No one goes out on saturday to get beat or play shite football, but it happens, that's the nature of the game. For the disgruntled fans who either stay away or are determined not to renew season tickets that is of course entirely their decision. But if they are expecting us to suddenly employ a new man with fresh ideas and the type of tippy tappy football barcelona esc style, then be realistic. Its not going to happen. We are what we are a very small fish in a very big pond surviving on a week to week basis, and at the moment doing so quite easily on the pitch. For those that stay away on saturday enjoy yourselves, gardenings not too clever, columbo's a repeat, and the mrs I'll nag the arse off ya. I know where I'll be. COYR.
Agree its been a big turnaround. Co-incidence that Brian Saah made his last start for us on Boxing Day? Not a chance! Yet how long did it take Burnett to spot the issue? How many times did people on here and on the terraces point it out?

As for tippy-tappy (I think you meant tiki taka?), this is Dagenham & Redbridge. No one expects to come over Victoria Road and watch Brazilian style flare, they just want an honest team playing to its abilities. There used to be a time when you could stay to the end of any match knowing that the team would never ever give it up whatever the scoreline and would applaud the fans as the fans applauded back at the end. For a long time in the past two seasons it was the opposite, going ahead was too often a signal for mass capitulation and if we actually went behind you might as well head to the exits.

He should have been fired after the Southport debacle. He should have been fired after that amazing interview after one decent result which alienated so many. He should have been fired when we dropped into the bottom two in December. He should definitely not be offered a new contract or it will all start again next season. By not sacking him the club have saved a bit of compensation, but he has proved he isn't the right man for the job so it ought to be thanks and goodbye.

Managers and players come and go, its the fans that stay come what may. Burnett has lost too many of us I believe.
stanton101

Do you not think then mike, that we now have that honest team playing to their abilities?
After the whistle on saturday anyone could see what it meant to the players and management and the way they acknowledged the fans at the end was superb. That must show something.
Mike the Dagger

stanton101 wrote:Do you not think then mike, that we now have that honest team playing to their abilities?
After the whistle on saturday anyone could see what it meant to the players and management and the way they acknowledged the fans at the end was superb. That must show something.
Another away game. Now do it at home on a regular basis.
stanton101

Mike the Dagger wrote:
stanton101 wrote:Do you not think then mike, that we now have that honest team playing to their abilities?
Another away game. Now do it at home on a regular basis.
So, come 4.50 on saturday after we've won 3-1 would be a start I suppose :D
IanC

Mike the Dagger wrote:
stanton101 wrote:To be virtually safe at this point in the season compared to where we were at Christmas is a big turn around and for that WB has to be given the credit he deserves. Yes the fans have had pops at him and he has had a go back and somewhat alienated himself as a result, but that I believe is down to both sides passion about the club. No one goes out on saturday to get beat or play shite football, but it happens, that's the nature of the game. For the disgruntled fans who either stay away or are determined not to renew season tickets that is of course entirely their decision. But if they are expecting us to suddenly employ a new man with fresh ideas and the type of tippy tappy football barcelona esc style, then be realistic. Its not going to happen. We are what we are a very small fish in a very big pond surviving on a week to week basis, and at the moment doing so quite easily on the pitch. For those that stay away on saturday enjoy yourselves, gardenings not too clever, columbo's a repeat, and the mrs I'll nag the arse off ya. I know where I'll be. COYR.
Agree its been a big turnaround. Co-incidence that Brian Saah made his last start for us on Boxing Day? Not a chance! Yet how long did it take Burnett to spot the issue? How many times did people on here and on the terraces point it out?

As for tippy-tappy (I think you meant tiki taka?), this is Dagenham & Redbridge. No one expects to come over Victoria Road and watch Brazilian style flare, they just want an honest team playing to its abilities. There used to be a time when you could stay to the end of any match knowing that the team would never ever give it up whatever the scoreline and would applaud the fans as the fans applauded back at the end. For a long time in the past two seasons it was the opposite, going ahead was too often a signal for mass capitulation and if we actually went behind you might as well head to the exits.

He should have been fired after the Southport debacle. He should have been fired after that amazing interview after one decent result which alienated so many. He should have been fired when we dropped into the bottom two in December. He should definitely not be offered a new contract or it will all start again next season. By not sacking him the club have saved a bit of compensation, but he has proved he isn't the right man for the job so it ought to be thanks and goodbye.

Managers and players come and go, its the fans that stay come what may. Burnett has lost too many of us I believe.
Yeah funny,i always thought it was the fans that stay come what may.Obviously dont apply to some of our miserable lot,crap weve had on here and the terraces at times."im not comin til this ones gone or that ones gone,i aint renewing my ST cos of this or cos of that".Lets turn it round,that lot can sod off and we`ll keep our manager thanks.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We'll he certainly is a marmite figure there is no doubt in that.

Think the decision is his now and his alone as the Board are not going to dump him that's for sure.
SUSSEX DAGGER

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We'll he certainly is a marmite figure there is no doubt in that.

Think the decision is his now and his alone as the Board are not going to dump him that's for sure.
The board want to hang on John Still has just lost his 5th game on the trot at Luton. Good job he is not here they would be calling for his head ...... Oh no they did not did they .
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We'll he certainly is a marmite figure there is no doubt in that.

The board want to hang on John Still has just lost his 5th game on the trot at Luton. Good job he is not here they would be calling for his head ...... Oh no they did not did they .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Let it go Sussex! Remember you wanted Burnett out briefly. So get off that high horse.. Aha
SUSSEX DAGGER

Not on a high horse I will be there whoever is in charge. Just another example of how fortunes change tho don't it .

My brief flirtation came after Stevenage at home and nobody could defend that it was that spineless.

Think the reaction after Saturdays game highlighted that the Players even accepted that it was unforgivable and they had a score to settle.

Just to keep the debate going if Wayne does go who would you want to get the gig.

See Doug Livermore is living local in Romford.
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Not on a high horse I will be there whoever is in charge. Just another example of how fortunes change tho don't it .

My brief flirtation came after Stevenage at home and nobody could defend that it was that spineless.

Think the reaction after Saturdays game highlighted that the Players even accepted that it was unforgivable and they had a score to settle.

Just to keep the debate going if Wayne does go who would you want to get the gig.

See Doug Livermore is living local in Romford.

I don't want wayne to go. Was just saying for you to stop pretending you were the only person that stood by him through EVERYTHING.

For arguments sake.. Martin Ling.

Jamie Cuteton player manager ain't a bad shout either although I'm not one for picking managers because of their footballing ability on the pitch. It's only because he has an obvious footballing brain he COULD be useful. But that's been said about many new managers going into management after ayo g.