Could WB be on his way.....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Last 10 seconds of last nights interview,sort of hints he may well not be here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31943023

If the team puts in a shift like last night more often he can stay as far as Im concerned.I reckon the stick he had most of the season was valid and would be a valuable learning curve for anyone.Its character building and got him to dig deep when it mattered most.I would love him to finish 8th and give us all the middle finger,15th is more than acceptable.In a strange sort of way I hope he dosent spin us the finger but thanks us for our input.Its given him an invaluable experience and can only benefit him in the future.He wont forget us will he ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
hockley dagger

Sounds like he could be. I guess like everyone else he's open to offers?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Plenty of teams would take him on the way he has worked here on such a tight budget. To even be able to produce a team capable of that last night on the money is a fantastic effort.

All those teams who panicked and sacked their Managers, all remain lower then us for a start would take a look. What about that team who today revealed they had spent 5 million more on wages on the last two years and have acheived 2 points more.

This time next season some of you will be asking was this really what I wished for.
stanton101

I hope he stays, he's had his critics and I was one who personally wanted him hung drawn and quartered after the Southport nightmare. But give the bloke the credit, since christmas he's done well and next year I think we could be right up there challenging for promotion.
Chigwellian

As far as I'm concerned, he is a lying toe rag, and good riddance...
Auntie Merge

As far as I'm concerned he lost all my respect with that interview back in November.
He can go.
Bit worried too about the way he has already distanced himself from the players contracts; not sure if that could help or hinder us. Probably hinder and other clubs will come in for everyone.
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Plenty of teams would take him on the way he has worked here on such a tight budget. To even be able to produce a team capable of that last night on the money is a fantastic effort.

All those teams who panicked and sacked their Managers, all remain lower then us for a start would take a look. What about that team who today revealed they had spent 5 million more on wages on the last two years and have acheived 2 points more.

This time next season some of you will be asking was this really what I wished for.
Do you really think nobody else could do it Sussex ? At this level you are normally sacked rarely do you leave of your own accord anyway.Good luck to WB whatever he does.If he stays fine,but I think he might not have the stomach for building another squad next season.If he goes ,at least he wouldn't have left us in the shit like Stilly did or had the embarrassment of being sacked out of the club for being pants.Looks like a total clearout next season player wise anyway what with contracts ending budget reducing etc....I got a name for ya...Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.Came from nowhere and then Turned a pretty mediocre team into a good'un.We need someone motivated who can motivate that's all.I'll do it if ya like.

A lot of things have gone since WB took over.The community spirit,the atmosphere and the sense that the players "are one of us"and "we're all in it together".Can anyone remember when the players would sign literally 100's of programs in the warm up ? Wheres that gone then ?Moving dugouts was just another way for them to tell us all to ****** off.I wont miss him that much especially if he don't want it.If he thinks he can go somewhere else and be treated any better when he loses so many games he should be sacked he might want to rethink his future.Jordan Seabright's car lot are recruitin LOL!!
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Plenty of teams would take him on the way he has worked here on such a tight budget. To even be able to produce a team capable of that last night on the money is a fantastic effort.

I got a name for ya...Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.Came from nowhere and then Turned a pretty mediocre team into a good'un.We need someone motivated who can motivate that's all.I'll do it if ya like.
Burton were flying before Hasselbaink. Rowett did a tremendous job in turning around Peschisolido's mess and making Burton into a constant promotion threat. Hasselbaink has continued his fine work adding 1-2 touches of his own in the process.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Arnu if he does go we will just have to see. If I was in his shoes if would jump at first opportunity because next year I firmly think will be our hardest since our first in the Football League. It will be a constant struggle and I have this feeling now that next season is the season when we fall through he trap door

When this happens you have People on here throwing accusations at whoever is in charge, if it is not Wayne then there will be those who have done nothing but abuse him wishing he had stayed. The truth is it was going to happen whoever is in charge
Lcbdagger

Challenging for promotion? Jesus Christ people!
NickMurphy

I wouldn't get rid of Burnett for what it's worth. 3 months ago after Southport, Stevenage etc I would have done, but I'll put my neck on the line and say I think he deserves an extension, probably 2 years with a clause in there somewhere so if it does go horribly pear shaped then we get rid for a small sum.

I don't like some of the things he's said, especially the 18 minute interview which in hindsight I imagine he looks back on and cringes at as well, but he was a young manager under pressure from both fans and probably the board, you can sympathise to an extent. He had it from all angles, in a lot of ways rightly so, and probably thought it was a good idea, hopefully he's learned from it and from what I can tell he has anyway. My only worry is how difficult this summer is, there's going to be a fairly important rebuilding job (pretty sure we have this every bloody year), if we lose Abu and Bingham, which I fear we will and would be bloody typical just when Bingham frees himself from injury and establishes himself as one of our best players. I fear we'll also lose Doey as well, although I pray that we don't, more so than Abu in fact. We're realistically looking at a left-back, centre-back (potentially two), centre midfielder and maybe another winger depending on how everything pans out with what we have - and if we don't get that right, especially the centre half(ves) then it's a big challenge. Wayne's recruitment has been pretty 50/50 in terms of good and bad so far, so that's why I'm quite fearful of it!
SUSSEX DAGGER

[quote="NickMurphy"]I wouldn't get rid of Burnett for what it's worth. 3 months ago after Southport, Stevenage etc I would have done, but I'll put my neck on the line and say I think he deserves an extension, probably 2 years with a clause in there somewhere so if it does go horribly pear shaped then we get rid for a small sum.

I don't like some of the things he's said, especially the 18 minute interview which in hindsight I imagine he looks back on and cringes at as well, but he was a young manager under pressure from both fans and probably the board, you can sympathise to an extent. He had it from all angles, in a lot of ways rightly so, and probably thought it was a good idea, hopefully he's learned from it and from what I can tell he has anyway. My only worry is how difficult this summer is, there's going to be a fairly important rebuilding job (pretty sure we have this every bloody year), if we lose Abu and Bingham, which I fear we will and would be bloody typical just when Bingham frees himself from injury and establishes himself as one of our best players. I fear we'll also lose Doey as well, although I pray that we don't, more so than Abu in fact. We're realistically looking at a left-back, centre-back (potentially two), centre midfielder and maybe another winger depending on how everything pans out with what we have - and if we don't get that right, especially the centre half(ves) then it's a big challenge. Wayne's recruitment has been pretty 50/50 in terms of good and bad so far, so that's why I'm quite fearful of it![/

It will be like shopping in Poundland where 75% of the stock turns out to be pretty rubbish.
ARNU

I can only think of 8 players left over from last season 4 of which either haven't played all season or hardly play at all.

Doe,Abs,Bingham and Howell Id say were regulars,then you've got Hines,Saah,Connors and Ian Gayle largely anonymous this season.

Itd be a blow to lose Doe,Abs,Bingham and Howell all at once but as you can see,its not something we aint used to is it ??

Bring it on I say.

I like Hemmings,Boucard,Widdowson,Cousins and obviously Jamie Cureton (Who has maybe even a couple more seasons left in him)

Id bin Partridge,Batt,Labadie,Saah,Chambers,Obrien and Hines and try and retain/sign Obilaye and Jakubiak but Im sure that'd be a big ask.

Hopefully we can retain Doe,Abs,bingham and Howell and we go again.
redboy

I accept he's turned things around but is still out of his depth. Anyone who thinks that O'Brien, Batt, Porter, Fenelon and Agyemang (in one season) are lge 2 footballers is in the wrong job. He's chopped and changed all year and almost got it right now.

The only problem we have is who would replace him on the wages we pay. I think he's better working with the younger players tbh which is about the only way we can survive by developing youth.
Dagger83

redboy wrote:I accept he's turned things around but is still out of his depth. Anyone who thinks that O'Brien, Batt, Porter, Fenelon and Agyemang (in one season) are lge 2 footballers is in the wrong job
Pretty unfair really. You could quite easily pick a similar list from Still's time with us (Walsh, DJ, Ifil, Savage, Reed, etc) and would you say the same about him?

To be honest, if we get to c60 points and finished around mid-table, we've done well no matter how shit we were in the middle part of the season and how short our stay in the cups was. I'm still not totally convinced by him but he'd deserve another season at least.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.