Hands up.. Who honestly thought we would win that?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Great result. Not sure the need to boo batt when he came on. Still a dagenham player.
JFJBENSTEAD

Brilliant result; certainly didn't see it coming.

Very important one as many of the teams at the bottom got good results.

Two more wins!!
PaulHornchurch

Thought Plymouth looked a very good side first half, but we held in there and took our chance.

2nd half I thought we gave a very mature performance, kept the ball, slowed it down and created three or four good chances.

Having seen other results a much needed win
JFJBENSTEAD

Half time at Cambridge I thought we were odds on for relegation.

Okay we've had some poor results since but a great turnaround in form overall from the squad.

I was part of the manager out brigade but he also deserves some credit. Still wonder what's best for the club longer term but he has turn things round overall.

Up the Daggers!
ChazmanQ

Brilliant result!!!

Could have been 4 or 5!
Lcbdagger

That's the best team we've played at home against in many a moon and got a positive result...

Terrible results elsewhere for us so a massive win!
ARNU

I thought we contained them well,even Ruben Reid was having a Baz Savage kinda day.Was never gonna score if we'd played all night.Cant see what good Batt coming on did but I notice he didn't get a touch so I s'pose it worked out ok.Well deserved win I think cant realy fault anyone either.That Obileye is immense and Im sure will go all the way.Jamie Cureton has Saved waynes career I reckon !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ChazmanQ

Think that's

7 wins
3 draws
4 losses

Since the turn of the year

is it time for a "Sorry Wayne" bed sheet yet? ;)
The Romford Dagger

ChazmanQ wrote:Think that's

7 wins
3 draws
4 losses

Since the turn of the year

is it time for a "Sorry Wayne" bed sheet yet? ;)

Certainly not! Ever!
Sagres

Great Result
dagger4eva

In answer to the original question.... NO!!!

I was feeling quite pessimistic after the 1st 20mins or so as Plymouth were bossing it to some extent and was expectant of another 90 minutes of dross.

We slowly got our act together though scoring a fantastically worked 1st goal.

We were never really in danger of conceding, defended terrifically as a unit and what a difference it makes to have Cousins in goal. So reassuring.

We were unlucky not to have scored 3 or 4 by the end (how on earth did JC miss that one on one) but he sure made up for it soon after. He loves a lob the boy doesnt he!!

What pleased me most was our keen-ness to keep hold possession of the ball. Ok, it was given away at times but it was given away when passing short and not by aimlessly hoofing the ball up. The times we did play it on the deck carved argyle up with ease.

Think that has pretty much now assured League 2 football for another season.... something thought was impossible after that loss to Stevenage on Boxing day!!
DaggerSince92

Sagres wrote:Great Result
Insightful
stanton101

I said we'd win 2-1but I'd take 2-0. Thoroughly deserved and but for some wayward finishing could have been a lot more. The whole team worked their socks off. Great result, well done boys.
Dagdale

Well chuffed about tonight, boys thoroughly deserved it, worked their socks off, Thought Abs and Billy B really run the show well, it'll be so much more fun now popping across to Stevenage on Saturday. 15th hey!
DI Mike Dashwood

Was game of two halves for me.

I thought the first half was quite a dour affair. Not sure we kept possesion well. I always think people are taken in by 15 passes across the back four before giving it back to the keeper.................and then hoofing it forward. The effect of hoofing after the 15 passes is actually more negative as the opposition have had time to get set up behind the ball. And that for me was the story of the first half.

Second half, a totally different game, more urgency, more pace, a lot sharper, and in the end we could have won by 3 or 4. I don't really remember a save all night from Cousins either, which shows how well the back four played.

The first half performance is the kind that still leaves me worrying long term about our style and direction and game plan, BUT, it was another three points and the second half was very enjoyable.

And booing our own players is very very poor form, very West Ham 1990s, not on really and not very Dagenham.