Plymouth on Tuesday

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:I did one of those predictor things last night and it had us finishing in the bottom two.

Really hope we win 6-0 tonight. We need the points and the goals.
We must've lost most games then?
8 of our last 10 games are against sides in the top half. We need 7 points for the magic 50.

I can't see 4 of the current bottom 5 getting past us though so we ought to be OK.
Record against the top Half:

P 16 W 2 D 2 L 12 GF 10 GA 26
stanton101

Two more wins and we'll be fine.
stanton101

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Dagger Steve wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:Parents evening. Have to say, looking at the weather and our home form against the better teams, not all that upset.
Think you mean home form against any team.

I predict another painful game of football to suffer through.
To be fair, our home form has been better since the New Year, we have even won a few. Poor against anyone with a clue though.
We get rumbled in the first 5 minutes. That high arcing ball for jc to run on to is easily spotted. The team I picked has pace on either wing and would trouble the big lumps at the back. Come on wayne we need options.
NickMurphy

You've got to look at home games against Accrington and Wimbledon as two where we should be picking up 4 points at the very least. Elsewhere I think we'll beat Carlisle, and nick a couple of points along the way at Newport and potentially at home to Wycombe for example.

The only fixture I'd more or less completely write off is Shrewsbury away, although I think we'll do well to get a point tonight having said that. It'll end 0-0 or we'll lose 2-0 with one of those poxy Reid's scoring against us again.
stanton101

NickMurphy wrote:You've got to look at home games against Accrington and Wimbledon as two where we should be picking up 4 points at the very least. Elsewhere I think we'll beat Carlisle, and nick a couple of points along the way at Newport and potentially at home to Wycombe for example.

The only fixture I'd more or less completely write off is Shrewsbury away, although I think we'll do well to get a point tonight having said that. It'll end 0-0 or we'll lose 2-0 with one of those poxy Reid's scoring against us again.
The way our defence played Saturday mike reid would've scored :D
Auntie Merge

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:I did one of those predictor things last night and it had us finishing in the bottom two.

Really hope we win 6-0 tonight. We need the points and the goals.
We must've lost most games then?
I honestly couldn't seeing us winning anything, with a few games where we nicked a point,
We've lost to both Accrinton and Wimbledon at home, so anything is possible.
ChazmanQ

Hopeful of a 2-0 win tonight

Just hope they don't decide to pump it long to Jamie all night! Get the ball down and out wide
redboy

If either Batt or Fenelon start, the gaffer should be sacked instantly !!!

I'd take a draw
ChazmanQ

ChazmanQ wrote:Hopeful of a 2-0 win tonight

Just hope they don't decide to pump it long to Jamie all night! Get the ball down and out wide
Should of stuck a fiver on it :roll:
stanton101

ChazmanQ wrote:
ChazmanQ wrote:Hopeful of a 2-0 win tonight

Should of stuck a fiver on it :roll:

Times I've said that, it's always the way ain't it. :D
SUSSEX DAGGER

Great Result and made what I know to be a very good team look ordinary.
Was Scratching my head over the inclusion of Chambers but the first goal and his link up with Cureton was proved to be a wise decision by the beleaguered Manager,not that he will get any credit in some quarters. Perhaps if Chambers had put in a performance that matched the Managers faith in him then we would be sitting here tonight asking did we just hammer one of the best teams in this League. When Chambers was good he was good but my word when he was bad he was dreadful. Second game running for him he has missed a complete sitter.

Honestly we could have scored 5 tonight. Abu mom at right back leaves you to ask why does he want to play anywhere else. Best game Widowsom has played since he has been here in my book. Once again Doe was as solid and comfortable , Ayo in my opinion looked a bit clumsy more then once and was not his best game.

Take a bow tho Jamie Cureton what a player he is , never stopped running or pestering what looked a edgey defence all night . Really pleased he got his goal after missing the one were we would have put our Mortgage on him after skilfully leaving the defender in his wake.

All in all a first class effort and a fully deserved three points.

We'll done Wayne,Darren,Warren and the boys cracking effort but am I the only one who thinks we need a roller on the pitch some horrendous bounces tonight not least the bobble Cureton suffered on his effort he missed but more alarming the one The keeper got on one of the many back passes in the first half.
Dagdale

' We made Cureton look like Diego Costa tonight' (off the Argyle fans forum) ! Well done Jamie my son, could of gotta hatrick last night and at 39 yrs of age!Dynamite.
DI Mike Dashwood

Yep, good point on the pitch Sussex. Still looks very very good for a Club at our level for this time of Year, but there were a lot more bobbles on it than normal. Think the grass had been shaved a bit close meaning the small lumps and bumps are more pronounced.
Lcbdagger

Dagdale wrote:' We made Cureton look like Diego Costa tonight' (off the Argyle fans forum) ! Well done Jamie my son, could of gotta hatrick last night and at 39 yrs of age!Dynamite.
Would take JC above Costa any day at this level of football ;)
Dodge1197

My worry is if Jamie gets injured who could step in,I would like to see Jodie get a few more minutes.