Poor

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

If one team plays to their strengths and another continue to play to their weaknesses then their is only going to be one winner in 9 out of 10 occasions.

Once again when we got it down first half we looked much much better then when we just hoofed it.

Told everybody after Morecambe first game of the season the right back was a total waste of space, once again he was dreadful the left back was only marginally better, don't even start about the Clown in Goal, came away early and heard Radio Stu summery who said he had a nightmare think he was being far to kind.

With three clear headers wasted by Southend how anybody formed the opinion that we were unfortunate to go in at half time behind staggers me, they were free headers that any team with ambitions of that lot should have buried.

When Abu came on we seemed to play three at the back and put the extra body in Midfield ,well that what it looked like and yet we hardly got out of our own half other then the obligatory hoof downfield.

Had a bad bout of Man Flu and should have done what our right back did and stayed in bed.
redboy

More deja vu for me. They were a big side that we couldnt cope with. Why did we consistently play it in the air with our midgets up front? How did Fenelon and Batt get in the squad, let alone start when they are 2 of the worse players I've ever seen at this level. The answer as usual is the manager. All those who have fallen in love with him after 2 recent wins need to think again. Southend weren't great, but they didn't need to be as we played into there hands. Talking of hands, how many goals/points has Batt been personally responsible for this year? If Abu is on the bench, he's fit to play surely.
Adrian

Alan wrote:Thought it was foul on keeper, not a pen.

However I did think the tug on Cureton in first 10 min was a penalty and a red card.

Confortable win for Southend, we were poor.
O'Brien wasn't fouled, he just collided with their player. His attempt at a rugby tackle was pretty daft though.
ARNU

SteveW wrote:
ARNU wrote:How can Fenelon get a start ahead of Jakubiak,Yusuff and even Jody jones ??? He missed all his shots in the warm up and one so wide it nearly went in the other goal.

How can Batt get in the squad let alone the team,he is the worst Daggers player I think I've ever seen.Total shit.He really has to go.

Also Im sure my silver haired and dead Granny could have saved Southends 2nd.

Southend weren't all that if im honest.I knew it'd be up hill as soon as the teams were read out.

Anyway,Im laying low now till Shrimpy goes away.
Oh do grow up.

And I assume you think Billy's free kick against Hartlepool wasn't a great shot but the keepers fault?
Aint seen the replay but from where I was it looked like an easy one to get.Im sure you are right,I don't need to grow up,perhaps be a bit nearer next time instead.We thought he didn't get it cos maybe the sun was in his eyes.My apologies if I am wrong.However,he cant kick for shit and nearly gave them a goal or two with his Lewington like hoofing.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dodge1197

o'Brien isn't the best but don't get fans booing and moaning at him he must be petrified every time the ball comes near him.
Mark

None of us behind the goal thought he shouldve saved it. Dropped in late under the bar.
Don Beech 3

Thought their 2nd was a bit similar to the QPR goal from yesterday which was a great strike but an awful lot of people were saying what was the keeper up to. Certainly from where I saw it looked like a good strike yesterday. More worried about his rugby tackle as if he got sent off where would that leave us keeper wise.

Also feel the 2nd striker, whoever plays there, is playing more as an advanced midfielder which works well enough in away games but at home its not. Would have like to have seen Yusuff on the pitch when the substitution happened as they were a very large side and a bit more presence would have been handy
DI Mike Dashwood

Think a bit of perspective is needed to be honest.

First half we more than matched them, the goals either side of half time killed it and after that we were second best, and it could have been more in the end, no doubt about it.

BUT, they are a decent side who are right up there. In the first half we were not shown up though, and they did not look all that. Once back in front though they out muscled and out thought us.

I thought Fenlon did ok (someone said he thought he was the only one). I am not sure what our fans want sometimes if I am honest. If he was physical, quick, skilful and banging in goals it is unlikely he would be on loan with us is it!! I actually thought when he went off we lost our shape totally as he was the only physical presence we had in our front 6 against the biggest side in the League!!!

As I say, bit of perspective needed. The day went well for the Club from an organisation, crowd and safety point of view which is also a positive.
Diggerthedog

First half was equally poor as the second half, they missed a one on one when Ayo messed up and at least two very good headed chances, we again created very little apart from the goal and one other that fenelon decided to side foot and it went out for a throw in. It had all the hallmarks of Pompey at home last season too easily rolled over.

Our run of fixtures now says LLLLLLL judging by how far we were behind Southend yesterday. A collapse now will make for an interesting end to te season and some tough choices for the board.
ARNU

Seen the 2nd goal on FL show,my apologies to the keeper,he couldn't have got it.From where I was though we were all saying why didn't he just pat it away.Maybe the referees get more decisions right than we think too.

I cant see what Fenelon offered that Jakubiak dosent and if we'd have started with Abs at RB we'd be sitting here with at least a point I think.We wont lose all our remaining games and will stay up comfortably Id say.Id like to see Jody Jones start v Plymouth,if its not working after 30 mins bring on someone else.Not sure what 5 mins at the end of a game we're losing actually does for him or us.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:Seen the 2nd goal on FL show,my apologies to the keeper,he couldn't have got it.From where I was though we were all saying why didn't he just pat it away.Maybe the referees get more decisions right than we think too.

I cant see what Fenelon offered that Jakubiak dosent and if we'd have started with Abs at RB we'd be sitting here with at least a point I think.We wont lose all our remaining games and will stay up comfortably Id say.Id like to see Jody Jones start v Plymouth,if its not working after 30 mins bring on someone else.Not sure what 5 mins at the end of a game we're losing actually does for him or us.
Young jodi is clearly itching to play himself. Retweeted someone on Twitter yesterday about it being a shame he only played for 5 mins and not more.
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Think a bit of perspective is needed to be honest.

First half we more than matched them, the goals either side of half time killed it and after that we were second best, and it could have been more in the end, no doubt about it.

BUT, they are a decent side who are right up there. In the first half we were not shown up though, and they did not look all that. Once back in front though they out muscled and out thought us.

I thought Fenlon did ok (someone said he thought he was the only one). I am not sure what our fans want sometimes if I am honest. If he was physical, quick, skilful and banging in goals it is unlikely he would be on loan with us is it!! I actually thought when he went off we lost our shape totally as he was the only physical presence we had in our front 6 against the biggest side in the League!!!

As I say, bit of perspective needed. The day went well for the Club from an organisation, crowd and safety point of view which is also a positive.
You really are clutching at straws if you're having to pick out the organisation as a positive.

For perspective, how about another game where me managed only two shots on target. A game that highlighted that the goalkeeper that was originally first choice really isn't very good. A game that highlighted that we signed a right back to replace Gavin Hoyte that most of us would do a better job than. A game that highlighted that we don't appear to have any real game plan and at times found ourselves pulled all over the place.

I have no idea what Fenelon did that was ok. If he had shown just one of the attributes you mentioned he'd have been worth having out there. But he didn't.

Southend were a decent side, and were better than us in every department. However that shouldn't take away from the reality that we were poor.
The Romford Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Think a bit of perspective is needed to be honest.

Yep about Fenelon, that was me! Literally thought I was the ony one. Looked decent to me.
Mark

The thing about the game that worried me was how easily the fight was knocked out of us by the goal just before the break. Second half we barely got into their half. They were chasing lost causes whilst we went half arsed at 50/50s. If we go back to that we'll do well to get another point. If it was just a blip we'll be fine.
shoreyda2nd

I thought it was a good game for 45 minutes during which we matched them (barring a couple of defensive lapses and a wonder strike. O'Brien didn't stand a chance with that one!), however you hear alot about how conceding a goal just before or just after half-time is the hardest to take.
We managed to do both, Batt really did have a moment of madness, and from then on we couldn't get going whilst they closed the game out very well.

In my opinion Fenelon offers far more than Jakubiak, he's stronger, works harder without the ball, runs the channels better and doesn't have an annoying ability to tackle himself when running at the oposition!

Tuesday we go again, same team except for Abu back at right back.