Genuine question

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

I'm thinking of bringing my 8 year old nephew along to the southend match on saturday (well if I've got to suffer it so should he!) But after looking on their website it would seem that they are close to selling out their allocation for the tbs and are asking for more tickets for part of the sieve. Having not been to a home match against them before I was wondering if that was normal procedure and if so, is there a likelihood of there being any trouble. I'm big enough and ugly enough to look after myself, but I'd never chance it putting him at risk. I'd appreciate any answers lads. Cheers.
hockley dagger

you should be fine in any part of the sieve except the bit near southend. Im going to get there early and leave the ground a bit late. you and your nephew should be fine if the lad(or you) dosent mouth off.
admin
Site Admin

Southend usually take 1500 to us, 1200 in the TBS and 300 in the closed off bit of the terrace. Which quite frankly can make our attendances like rather poor as we have came close to being outnumbered at home by them
ARNU

Apart from a bit of banter across the segregation line Ive never seen any trouble in the ground at this fixture.We accommodated Millwall and Portsmouth with no problems too.Many other teams have come to us and had that end of the sieve with no trouble.I would park in the main road rather than pondfield road if you dont want to walk through them all on the way out,again Ive done this many times no problem.I remember a good few years ago the rescheduled Brentford match and they had a few idiots trying to get on the pitch but the stewards and old bill had it all in hand.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

At home it's fine, just stand far away from them if anything, behind the goal or something. At their place you get some right wankers though, last 2 times I've been they've started trouble, even the Admin on here got a smack earlier this season.
ChazmanQ

So maybe we should make an effort to make sure Bury Road end is full. It's games like this that I hate the TBS being taken over and home support drowned out

Sticking the Hartlepool fans in the family section worked well. I know we can't do that for this game but hopefully the club do that more often next season. Hardly heard a peep from them
Dagdale

I don't know whether its put more people uneasy now with the awful happenings to a Watford fan at Wolves or crowd trouble at Villa Park but any Division you can not be 100% off guard, going in and out of grounds you need to keep the tempo down and inside don't sit too close to away fans because remember before kick off probably plenty of good harmony, etc but 20 minutes later a so called bad refereeing decision goes against them and it takes a different story line but certainly at League Two level and most part League One hardly a threat of violence occurs, maybe sometimes 'heated clashes' like hell of a lot of foul swearing and banter between two sets of opposing fans, just wish so many more people would remember THAT fan to THAT club is the same as how we feel to our club, wanting to support them well through kid to adult and spending bucket loads of cash, a good example was Saturday walking away from Tranmere, that hurt them badly but so gracious in defeat and still enjoying a beer with them and we wishing them survival and opposite to us. But to the question really more less problems and guarantor more safety standing like Bury Road or that end of the sieve, thankfully Vic Road has always been quite a fan friendly place.
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:I'm thinking of bringing my 8 year old nephew along to the southend match on saturday (well if I've got to suffer it so should he!) But after looking on their website it would seem that they are close to selling out their allocation for the tbs and are asking for more tickets for part of the sieve. Having not been to a home match against them before I was wondering if that was normal procedure and if so, is there a likelihood of there being any trouble. I'm big enough and ugly enough to look after myself, but I'd never chance it putting him at risk. I'd appreciate any answers lads. Cheers.

From what I see on their forum, sh1t loads of em are coming and they are nearly selling out TBS already. They reckon they are getting the end of sieve as normal but might get about 500 in the sieve that aren't supposed to be there.
Last edited by The Romford Dagger on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
stanton101

Thanks lads for all the responses, I think I'll wait and bring him along another time. Judging by the amount of them that are coming down its probably the safest option. I just hope the club are monitoring the situation regarding ticketing for them in the sieve, if they haven't then it's really poor on their behalf.
ARNU

Come and stand with me I'll look after ya.They wont do anything apart from sulk when we beat them.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:Thanks lads for all the responses, I think I'll wait and bring him along another time. Judging by the amount of them that are coming down its probably the safest option. I just hope the club are monitoring the situation regarding ticketing for them in the sieve, if they haven't then it's really poor on their behalf.

Well I guess if it was to ever kick off at daggers this season, this is the fixture.

More so because of the expected high away numbers that are likely.

I still am doubtful there will be anything other than grade A banter and perhaps some finger wagging between fans.
Last edited by The Romford Dagger on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
stanton101

ARNU wrote:Come and stand with me I'll look after ya.They wont do anything apart from sulk when we beat them.
Cheers mate, those peg sellers promotion hopes will be dented come full time on saturday. :D
mickeyblue

It be fine bring him

A little bit of atmosphere and banter will get him hooked

Obviously dont stand near the away support for bad odours and foul language.

Or maybe sit in the carling.
but we finished 9th!
NickMurphy

'Grade A banter' is a term I never want to see ever again.
DaggerSince92

It'll be fine. Southend mob only 30 strong, no real threat.