Match Thread - Bristol City 3-0 Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

Cup game tomorrow where we should bring a few lads along. It'll be a hard game tomorrow against a big club away but they haven't had the best of starts and we have been playing well. I believe there is an outside chance of us nicking something.
Chigwellian

What time is the coach?
FullMetalDagger

sitting indoors with a cuppa, SSN and DaggersPlayer. Come on you Daggers!!!
FullMetalDagger

Brizzle 1 - 0 Daggers

J.E.T with a deflected shot.
FullMetalDagger

Half Time

Brizzle Citeh 1 - 0 Daggers.

we aint been playing bad by the sound of it. but i think we needed half time after their goal.
FullMetalDagger

Howell, Elito - OFF

Dickson, Obafemi - ON
FullMetalDagger

Doe's taken a knock.

Doe - OFF

Wilko - ON (to applause from the city fans)
FullMetalDagger

2-0 shite
admin
Site Admin

Slightly disappointed but oh well. How many Daggers travelled down in the end?
IanC

250 stuey said on commentary.great turnout well done all.
SUSSEX DAGGER

In all honesty we just never showed second half and was not even second best for most of it. Totally outclased.

Time to move on and hope that no lasting damage has been done as our boys have taken a bit of a beating today.
Richie

We were more than a match for them up until they scored - How could he be in that much space 18 yards out!? - After that it was pretty poor, time and time again they broke through on their right - Jack won't have a tougher game than that in a long while!
Pondfield Dagger

unlucky daggers!!
Their team on paper with a lot of very experienced players compared to ours it was always going to be very difficult... this was the sort of game of old we would have been 4 or 5 nil down after 60 mins (millwall huddersfield lol) so to only be 1-0 down in with a chance up to 87th minute, can't be too downhearted today.
leewilson

Richie wrote:We were more than a match for them up until they scored - How could he be in that much space 18 yards out!? - After that it was pretty poor, time and time again they broke through on their right - Jack won't have a tougher game than that in a long while!
This. I thought they looked very ordinary and were struggling to get in behind us until the opening goal. We looked good on the ball and the Hines/Murphy combo looked dangerous. They cleared one off the line and the keeper made a solid save from a Murphy shot across him.

The first goal was poor though and unfortunately we gave them too much respect and sat off after that. O'Driscoll soon realised that Connors could be got at and stuck Emmanuel Thomas on him with devastating effect. Medy and Zav didn't do enough tracking back for me after the 1st goal and left Connors/Hoyte exposed too often.

Still, we expected a loss and that's what we got. Positives for me were the first 25 minutes and the fact that our last ditch defending was actually very good for much of the 2nd half. Negatives would be we need more of a goal threat in games where Hines/Murphy are quiet. Luke Howell for me has been very average this season and needs to improve.
SUSSEX DAGGER

leewilson wrote:
Richie wrote:We were more than a match for them up until they scored - How could he be in that much space 18 yards out!? - After that it was pretty poor, time and time again they broke through on their right - Jack won't have a tougher game than that in a long while!
This. I thought they looked very ordinary and were struggling to get in behind us until the opening goal. We looked good on the ball and the Hines/Murphy combo looked dangerous. They cleared one off the line and the keeper made a solid save from a Murphy shot across him.

The first goal was poor though and unfortunately we gave them too much respect and sat off after that. O'Driscoll soon realised that Connors could be got at and stuck Emmanuel Thomas on him with devastating effect. Medy and Zav didn't do enough tracking back for me after the 1st goal and left Connors/Hoyte exposed too often.

Still, we expected a loss and that's what we got. Positives for me were the first 25 minutes and the fact that our last ditch defending was actually very good for much of the 2nd half. Negatives would be we need more of a goal threat in games where Hines/Murphy are quiet. Luke Howell for me has been very average this season and needs to improve.
The team have changed their style and that means some players have had to change with it. Luke Howell in my opinion is one of them. This season he has spent more time behind the ball . Obviously this is on the Managers instructions and given the run of results who is to say this is wrong.

To me Luke Howell is a 6-7 out of 10 Player every week and his ability to adapt to the new role he has been given has taken us a long way.