Match Thread - Bristol City 3-0 Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Pretty disappointing day to put it lightly, undoubtedly the City were a class above us but why did we do a 'Mansfield again' and not show up, I feel we wouldn't have got anything out of this game even if we would have played to midnight, but you never know some good may have come out of it and full marks to the fans who turned up and didn't we give the guys on the other side of the Wedlock stand a match for the vocals, does it not make a great pleasure to go into a pretty good all covered ground for a change and bring on a good deal of noise, jumped on the bus to centre after and many Bristolians although didn't know much about us previous thought we were solid in support and they were well on edge about us before game. Lets hope we put it right again straight away, to be fair a pretty difficult last three weeks one good win, two losses, Burton at home could be a good timing before going down to Plymouth but I'm sure were bounce back from an early Cup exit.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

The FA cup can go ****** itself. See you next year
NickMurphy

Every year I look forward to the FA Cup and every year we're cack in the first round.

Having said that, we were pretty good in the opening 20 and were unlucky not to take the lead. Murphy should have done better when released through on the left, and I thought we'd scored when their defender/goalkeeper had a mix up. Also thought Jack Connors did pretty well in the 1st half to counter JET, but in the second half it was a different story. In hindsight, maybe we should have played Femi, certainly would have been a better match in terms of a physical battle between the pair. 2nd half was ashame, even up to Hines' mazey run and effort we had a chance, but the two late goals deservedly killed us off.

Bad day at the office, another cup defeat but at least we had a good turnout. Major annoyance was the lino on the near side, thought he was very poor in the first half.
Richie

NickMurphy wrote:Every year I look forward to the FA Cup and every year we're cack in the first round.

Having said that, we were pretty good in the opening 20 and were unlucky not to take the lead. Murphy should have done better when released through on the left, and I thought we'd scored when their defender/goalkeeper had a mix up. Also thought Jack Connors did pretty well in the 1st half to counter JET, but in the second half it was a different story. In hindsight, maybe we should have played Femi, certainly would have been a better match in terms of a physical battle between the pair. 2nd half was ashame, even up to Hines' mazey run and effort we had a chance, but the two late goals deservedly killed us off.

Bad day at the office, another cup defeat but at least we had a good turnout. Major annoyance was the lino on the near side, thought he was very poor in the first half.
I'd almost forgot about him - Two awful decisions for throws/corners, they didn't come to anything but they were so blatantly wrong.
DiggerDagger1

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:The FA cup can go ****** itself. See you next year
You wouldn't get away with that sort of language on the old Forum, so don't go sending the air blue in here please! Consider yourself told!