Mansfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:It is DTD cos that was 3 points dropped today and we would not have had to do much to win them.

All we had to do was get the ******** thing out the clouds and Cureton alone would have been to much for that lot to handle.

ERRRRRRRRHHHH so frustrating
Surely wayne must see that the high ball dosen't work it's not f..king rocket science, the aimless high ball just keeps coming back at us. It would be different if we had a big forward to partner jamie but we don't. Crucial that we get 3 points on tuesday and they'll be up for it, they won today. Very disappointed.
Dagdale

Just got in, O no! Here we go again, get a splendid result and display at Morecambe and two weeks down the line with the same team look a shadow of that side, can't understand D R's mentality to come out and not see off a team of Mansfield's capability, take my word they were there for the taking, other than a pretty great display from match winner Junior Brown they were made to look far better by the daggers, we just seemed to have a wrong game plan and it turned into hoof ball and got so boring. To think also Abs & Doey cleared off the line and hero Mark C again made two cracking point blank saves. Take it, we won't find the Pools an easy option on Tuesday after their splendid result today, were far from out of it. Why do we still keep going down this road?
Richie

A professional team done by a long throw, time and time again. Their centre back must have flicked on five in a row at the front post, every time beating Luke Howell in the air. Why we didn't put Ayo on him is beyond me, was the same ploy from them time after time.

Make no mistake, they are an appalling side but they beat us so doesn't make us look great. Abu had a shocker at RB btw, gave the ball away more than Batt would. And Billy was poor too. If it was Batt and Labadie playing in those positions they'd be getting slated.
Mark

They'd be getting slaughtered because they are bad every week, whereas you can count the poor games Abu has in a season on less than one hand.
FullMetalDagger

Was an awful game against a dreadful team, and we lost. nuff said.
Richie

Mark wrote:They'd be getting slaughtered because they are bad every week, whereas you can count the poor games Abu has in a season on less than one hand.
I agree Mark. I actually like Labadie but just stating the point.
steeevooo

Mansfield were really, really dreadful. Sadly we were even worse, and didn't seem to have a single brain cell between any of the players or management to realise that the long ball hoof to little Jamie Cureton against six foot something defenders would not ever work. Shambolic.
Lcbdagger

steeevooo wrote:Mansfield were really, really dreadful. Sadly we were even worse, and didn't seem to have a single brain cell between any of the players or management to realise that the long ball hoof to little Jamie Cureton against six foot something defenders would not ever work. Shambolic.
Having only seen the highlights I can't understand why the long ball is seen as a true option for us? The goal we scored was lovely to watch... both goals conceded were pub standard
stanton101

The goal we scored yesterday had them chasing shadows, nice one touch stuff, plenty of movement, and a good finish from jamie. Just goes to show what can be done if we keep the ball on the floor, sadly as mentioned we revert back to the high ball yet again. Be interesting to see how we go about the game on Tuesday.
Adrian

Richie wrote:
Mark wrote:They'd be getting slaughtered because they are bad every week, whereas you can count the poor games Abu has in a season on less than one hand.
Sorry, but what point?
Batt and Labadie have been consistently poor. Abs and Bingham aren't consistently poor so are given some slack when they do have a poor game. If they were as consistently poor as the likes of Batt and Labadie, they'd get slaughtered as well.
Lcbdagger

Seriously worrying times ahead if any discussion between now and May involves us indicating Batt coming back in to the squad will make us stronger, more stable or more consistent
Richie

Adrian wrote:
Richie wrote:
Sorry, but what point?
Batt and Labadie have been consistently poor. Abs and Bingham aren't consistently poor so are given some slack when they do have a poor game. If they were as consistently poor as the likes of Batt and Labadie, they'd get slaughtered as well.
That Billy & Abu had bad games yesterday.
its all good

I hear that Abu was victim of a very bad foul yesterday where a Mansfield guy left his foot in

We do have a young fast & creative wide player desperate to play but he needs to get more than 5 minutes on the pitch
ChazmanQ

Would love Jones to get a start on Tuesday night
stanton101

ChazmanQ wrote:Would love Jones to get a start on Tuesday night
Me too, been saying it for a while now.