Qatar 2022

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
rechitski kinzhal

So they have finally decided the inevitable (inevitable, that is, if we have to continue with the nonsense of having the World Cup in the desert) and said the tournament will be in November and December - and predictably all the Premier League clubs are moaning and demanding compensation. Probably some 90+% of the Premier League clubs money comes from non-matchday sources, and so I am sure they will cope perfectly well. Surely the big losers, as usual, will be clubs like us. Either the season takes a break in which cash-flow will be restricted, or the lower leagues will muddle on with low attendances and the result will be the same. Either way it would seem to be a problem ...... mind you, England probably won't qualify so maybe my concerns are ill-founded.
The Romford Dagger

Will our attendances be affected that much if we just carry on. Out of the choice for London premier league club fans to watch a game like Ghana v Bosnia on tv or come to a lower league team such as ourselves I'd imagine we would at least win sometimes.
matt_drfc

Who knows where we will be in 7 years time?
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:Who knows where we will be in 7 years time?

True.. Champions league and premier league will be on hold so we will have a couple on months off ;)
Masked Man

I'd like to see England boycott it and tell them to stick their corrupt regime to stick it up their arse!!

Winter world Cup? Do ****** off!!
The Romford Dagger

Masked Man wrote:I'd like to see England boycott it and tell them to stick their corrupt regime to stick it up their arse!!

Winter world Cup? Do ****** off!!

More chance of Burnett being the manager for that World Cup than England boycotting it
ARNU

Maybe we wont qualify for it anyway.Cant say I care too much about it myself.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Ilford Dagger

Astonishing decision to give it to Qatar in the first place - no football pedigree,weather & temperature in Summer, poor human rights record, persecution of gays etc.
I believe Australia should have been awarded it instead, it would have run smoothly, made a profit, the Aussies do at least like football etc.
Holding the WC in Nov/Dec is crazy & will totally foul up European seasons apart from Scandinavia & E European countries who break for Winter anyway, in England it will foul up all 4 major Leagues with no games for 4-6 weeks & more importantly for L1 & L2 Clubs little or no revenue for a long period (which of course will really hurt & possibly bankrupt some Clubs), FIFA/UEFA of course won't compensate Clubs - they're only interested in the Champs Lge anyway.
A shocking decision all round.
stanton101

Ilford Dagger wrote:Astonishing decision to give it to Qatar in the first place - no football pedigree,weather & temperature in Summer, poor human rights record, persecution of gays etc.
I believe Australia should have been awarded it instead, it would have run smoothly, made a profit, the Aussies do at least like football etc.
Holding the WC in Nov/Dec is crazy & will totally foul up European seasons apart from Scandinavia & E European countries who break for Winter anyway, in England it will foul up all 4 major Leagues with no games for 4-6 weeks & more importantly for L1 & L2 Clubs little or no revenue for a long period (which of course will really hurt & possibly bankrupt some Clubs), FIFA/UEFA of course won't compensate Clubs - they're only interested in the Champs Lge anyway.
A shocking decision all round.
Spot on. Terrible decision for football. Great reward for blatter.
Mikins

stanton101 wrote:
Spot on. Terrible decision for football. Great reward for blatter.

Isn't there a pretty good chance blatter will be dead by 2022?
Sorry about your damn luck!
Kevin

Allegedly, Sepp Blatter uses the same oxygen tents & cryogenic process that turned the Queen Mother part-bionic - enabling her to live to 375 years old.

So he'll probably be promoting fair play and great soccer-ball for a few more years yet.

I read it on Twitter from a Sky Sports Journalist, so pretty sure it's genuine..
matt_drfc

Kevin wrote:I read it on Twitter from a Sky Sports Journalist, so pretty sure it's genuine..
Very good :lol: