Future ground development?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Obviously any future ground development would depend upon there being sucess on the pitch. This would bring in bigger attendences, more revenue etc. But if it were at all possible in the not too distant future, what would you like to see happen developement wise to Victoria Road? Personally I'd like to see a roof at the bury road end linking it to the sieve and have the scoreboard on top. What do you think?
The Romford Dagger

We add another couple of tiers to the carling stand and round the capacity to 20,000 after the bury road end is made into 'The Dagenham Kop'.

Also, you've started a lot of threads recently.. Not a moan but an observation.
ARNU

Now theres a good idea :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:Now theres a good idea :lol:

Could tell straight away that you would be all over this Arnu. :lol:
stanton101

Also, you've started a lot of threads recently.. Not a moan but an observation.[/quote]

You're probably right mate, it's a fair cop :)
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote:Obviously any future ground development would depend upon there being sucess on the pitch. This would bring in bigger attendences, more revenue etc. But if it were at all possible in the not too distant future, what would you like to see happen developement wise to Victoria Road? Personally I'd like to see a roof at the bury road end linking it to the sieve and have the scoreboard on top. What do you think?
Morecambe have built a new stadium and their attendances have gone down. We will never out grow the ground as it is, more money wasted on the ground would seem silly. We are still paying for the TBS.
Dagger83

Edit: decided not to get involved.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

I really don't care but I do wonder why we cant have a cheapo bus shelter type affair like Wimbledon have.All that bollocks about it being a million quid and we'd never get permission is total shit.You need about 10 concrete posts and some corrugated iron and a bit of guttering Job done !! (Sorry to suggest rocket science into this thread)

Maybe the "Traditional Builders" could actually build the ****** !! :lol:
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:I really don't care but I do wonder why we cant have a cheapo bus shelter type affair like Wimbledon have.All that bollocks about it being a million quid and we'd never get permission is total shit.You need about 10 concrete posts and some corrugated iron and a bit of guttering Job done !! (Sorry to suggest rocket science into this thread)

With you Arnu u could even bolt some seats onto the concrete and give us the TBS
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:I really don't care but I do wonder why we cant have a cheapo bus shelter type affair like Wimbledon have.All that bollocks about it being a million quid and we'd never get permission is total shit.You need about 10 concrete posts and some corrugated iron and a bit of guttering Job done !! (Sorry to suggest rocket science into this thread)

With you Arnu u could even bolt some seats onto the concrete and give us the TBS
Yeah but what would we do with all the fans who like getting wet and standing up in all kinds of shitty weather cos they've always stood there since the early 1800's ay ?? What about them ?? What if they boycott every game till the roof gets ripped down.Remember there must be 3 of them at least the club will go under I tell ya !! :lol:
stanton101

Swap the seats out of the tbs for the crash barriers in the sieve and bury road end. Flog whatevers left over and we would be on the way to having a roof, maybe. It can't cost that much surely as already mentioned.
stanton101

Yeah but what would we do with all the fans who like getting wet and standing up in all kinds of shitty weather cos they've always stood there since the early 1800's ay ?? What about them ?? What if they boycott every game till the roof gets ripped down.Remember there must be 3 of them at least the club will go under I tell ya !! :lol:[/quote]

F..k em, go and stand over at asda's then. :D
Adrian

stanton101 wrote:Obviously any future ground development would depend upon there being sucess on the pitch. This would bring in bigger attendences, more revenue etc. But if it were at all possible in the not too distant future, what would you like to see happen developement wise to Victoria Road? Personally I'd like to see a roof at the bury road end linking it to the sieve and have the scoreboard on top. What do you think?
If it wasn't going to cost the club anything at all, then a roof on the Bury Road end would make sense. Otherwise there's not much point in doing anything other than general tidying up.
However, there is no point in the club spending any money to develop the ground beyond anything that it's required to do to retain it's Football League status.
Mikins

Since its entirely theoretical modify the roof of the sieve so instead of dampening noise it amplifies it, that way our 20 man singing group can masquerade as 500 people, instant atmosphere.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Dagger Steve

Let's all just bring a megaphone with us. Sorted.