Southend on Tuesday

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pie & Mash

Very happy with this result, beaten them twice now this season. Lost by two or three goals on three occasions last season. :D

Glad things are working out alright for Wayne
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done boys but you dont half put us through it.
Cant wait to hear from that Shrimparama. Easiet £100 i have ever won.
Come on you Daggers
daggersjeff

What???? No Shrimperama..........

Thats what i like to see....a diehard fan lolol
rebeldagger

Fantastic result, looking at the table it is shaping up to be another tight season, early days of course but so far I'm quite pleased.
ARNU

Here Shrimpy shrimpy shrimpy......

I suppose we time wasted,it wasn't a sending off and the ref was on our side.

I listened to Phil Brown on the radio on my way back from the game and he clearly wasn't at the same game as us.I thought we sat back 2nd half a bit too much but largely contained Southend.Dirty dirty players they got.Some fat oaf was nearly in tears on the way out claiming it was never a sending off thought he was gonna cry.I think we bossed the game and sat on our lead,a bit nervy for us but hey ho.Fancy being beat by Daggers at home twice in 3 weeks.Managers usually gert the sack after just once.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

Made hard work of it towards the end but any away win is going to be hard come by. Zavon was outstanding in the first half and Murphy took his goal well. Everyone put a shift in though so top marks all round.
Tranced

13th in the table and just 6 points off 1st. Very tight right now! Accrington won as well, so there's less of a gap at the bottom. Successful night for our tinpot club.
Ilford Dagger

Four points from 2 difficult away games & our first League win at Southend as well! Great result for the team, well done boys.
NickMurphy

BOOM!

Two away wins at Southend in two weeks? I'll take that! Will also take none of our players coming out of the last 2 games with any injuries after yet more cynical fouling, although I thought the ref was a tad harsh in giving the red to Phillips. Still, Southend set the standard with the foul on Hines about 2 or 3 minutes in. Lucky it came when it did as they threatened to get on top, we, in particular Wilkinson were having a bit of a mare at the back early on. The sending off changed it and we looked better going forward - I have no idea whether Murphy's strike was over the line but who cares!

Second half was one of the longest of the season - they kept coming at us and coming at us. Medy was good tonight, but so frustrating with some of his movements and passing. Thought Billy had a good game mind, the ball he threaded through to Murphy late on (regardless of whether Murphy was offside or not), was superb. The last 15 minutes in particular were agony, it looked as though Southend were finally going to blow the house down, only god knows how they didn't score. Lewy was superb tonight bar his shakiness early on, but when we needed him he was there. Only dampner/strange thing was the decision to bring Dickson on for Medy. It hampered us late on, while Medy isn't perhaps the greatest defender he always tracked back, whereas Dickson doesn't seem to have the pace to do that. Would have brought Obafemi on personally.

Nevertheless, a great victory and finally a league win at Southend!
Penfold

Penfold wrote:
shrimperama wrote:I think and hope sincerely that we absolutely smash you tomorrow night and in all honesty i would much rather the 3 points than a win in the JPT. The likely hood is you will be going out next round anyhow given the opposition.

If we play like we played against fleetwood you will get steam rolled.

By nice to see more than a few hundred in the away but please dont moan you didnt have the whole stand when you can even half fill it.
Things really do have a habbit in biting people in the arse. Brave words for someone who's team got beaten 5-2. Nothing but the same scoreline, in your favour of course, will give you any gahona's to boast with.
Dont say we didnt warn you shrimpy... now politely feck off and dont bother us until you have a team that backs up your ambitious statements.
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Richie

NickMurphy wrote:BOOM!

Two away wins at Southend in two weeks? I'll take that! Will also take none of our players coming out of the last 2 games with any injuries after yet more cynical fouling, although I thought the ref was a tad harsh in giving the red to Phillips. Still, Southend set the standard with the foul on Hines about 2 or 3 minutes in. Lucky it came when it did as they threatened to get on top, we, in particular Wilkinson were having a bit of a mare at the back early on. The sending off changed it and we looked better going forward - I have no idea whether Murphy's strike was over the line but who cares!

Second half was one of the longest of the season - they kept coming at us and coming at us. Medy was good tonight, but so frustrating with some of his movements and passing. Thought Billy had a good game mind, the ball he threaded through to Murphy late on (regardless of whether Murphy was offside or not), was superb. The last 15 minutes in particular were agony, it looked as though Southend were finally going to blow the house down, only god knows how they didn't score. Lewy was superb tonight bar his shakiness early on, but when we needed him he was there. Only dampner/strange thing was the decision to bring Dickson on for Medy. It hampered us late on, while Medy isn't perhaps the greatest defender he always tracked back, whereas Dickson doesn't seem to have the pace to do that. Would have brought Obafemi on personally.

Looked a stonewall pen to me, lunged in with both feet. We'll see on the highlights though. Also agree about Medy, thought he played well.
NickMurphy

Richie wrote:
NickMurphy wrote:BOOM!

Looked a stonewall pen to me, lunged in with both feet. We'll see on the highlights though. Also agree about Medy, thought he played well.
As I say, it looked a poor challenge but I'm not sure if it warranted a red. Not particularly fussed - it works as payback for that decision to send Wilko off last year!
Dagdale

Terrific night at the Roots, well worth a few hours skipping off early and late night home, Srimpers may say the sending off changed the game but overall we filled the gaps when they looked a threat and some great saves from Lewy saw it out, tight ground made it a great atmosphere, for us anyway, could anybody here them sing? Although have not a clue about our goal, cant wait to see it on player, stanchions and moving up our roof by a good 10 metres would just about do the trick. Awful views in there. What about that three to four efforts on goal late second half, premiership stuff or what! How we never got a goal beats us all. Well done team and fans, Rochdale home will light the candles now.
Dagger83

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/107557 ... dbridge_1/

If you want a laugh, have a read of the comments section here.
I suppose the most annoying thing about tonight was that we were beaten by the refund that we infect had better chances than them and we could of gone joint top!
Answers on a postcard please.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dagger4eva

I'm more at a loss at how on earth their other defender (white?) avoided getting a 2nd yellow...on numerous occasions.