Southend on Tuesday

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
User avatar
Masked Man
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Southend on Tuesday

Post by Masked Man » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Dagger83 wrote:http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/107557 ... dbridge_1/

If you want a laugh, have a read of the comments section here.
I suppose the most annoying thing about tonight was that we were beaten by the refund that we infect had better chances than them and we could of gone joint top!
Answers on a postcard please.
Predictive Text/AUTO CORRECT? Surely? :lol:

Harbour View
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Southend on Tuesday

Post by Harbour View » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:57 pm

After giving sound beatings to both Colchester United and now Southend United twice, can be now crowned 'Football Kings of Essex'........or do we have to beat Romford FC next week in the Essex Senior Cup first ....ha ha

Pie & Mash
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: Southend on Tuesday

Post by Pie & Mash » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Surely if we're in Essex, then Leyton Orient are too :-)

Tranced
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:56 pm

Re: Southend on Tuesday

Post by Tranced » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Harbour View wrote:After giving sound beatings to both Colchester United and now Southend United twice, can be now crowned 'Football Kings of Essex'........or do we have to beat Romford FC next week in the Essex Senior Cup first ....ha ha
We could be crowned 'Football Kings of Essex' if it were pre-1965.

SUSSEX DAGGER
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 am

Re: Southend on Tuesday

Post by SUSSEX DAGGER » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:17 pm

If Southend fans truly believe the bollocks being spouted by both them and their Manager then they want to wake up.

You only have to look at their record to see the problem, only scoring twice on two occasions this season from open play and never more then twice indicates to me that their lofty position at the start is down to their defence as they simply do not have enough about them going forward.

If we scored I always thought we had a chance of getting a result and is why I took the opportunity of laying the ridiculous odds available yesterday about the chances of Southend winning

Other then the two long range efforts that imo Lewy should be keeping out, admitted one did move viciously in the air, the only other chance that they had was when Lewy had to deal with Scott Doe's sliding interception from a cross.

If you look at our chances you would like to think that Luke Howell's and Medi could be doing better, add in Rhys Murphy crafty little flick that hit a post with the Keeper beat all ends up it was only luck and poor placement that we never scored more against what is a very sound defence.

The sending off in truth I would be a bit disappointed about if it was reversed but how that fall back was still on the pitch for his continued assault on Zavron certainly balanced that injustice up if there was one.

Noticed there was no comment from their Manager and hardly any dissent shown by Southend players about the goal. Only desperate Southend fans trying to hide behind the brutal truth that their is simply not enough goals in their team as to the reason for their defeat, a fact which was evident before we rolled up.

The Hu lay football we played second half would have been good to watch at two nil but frustrating and nervous at 1 nil but like Cheltenham did to us two weeks ago our game management was spot on.

Was a little disappointed with Saunders who you would have thought would have grasped the chance when he came on, we may need him shortly as if it was Abu who got booked for time wasting then he is only one away from suspension.

All in all I don't see how anybody can complain about last nights result and blaming the referee smacks of desperation.

bearaab
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: Southend on Tuesday

Post by bearaab » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:53 pm

Got a mate who's a Southend fan and not a massive bellend. Agrees that their problem lies in not getting enough goals. Lack of form from Corr who obviously has the ability but isn't showing it and Eastwood has just turned shit. The big bald guy they had at centre back and went to Fleetwood (name?) is a big loss too.

User avatar
Mikins
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Re: Southend on Tuesday

Post by Mikins » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:37 pm

I just find it hilarious (reading that article and such) that they've got the temerity to rant about anyone else cheating. and "our fans knobbling the ref" yeah because i'm really sure we put massive leverage on him for the red card. shockingly sore losers still ^_^
Sorry about your damn luck!

SUSSEX DAGGER
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 am

Re: Southend on Tuesday

Post by SUSSEX DAGGER » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:23 pm

bearaab wrote:Got a mate who's a Southend fan and not a massive bellend. Agrees that their problem lies in not getting enough goals. Lack of form from Corr who obviously has the ability but isn't showing it and Eastwood has just turned shit. The big bald guy they had at centre back and went to Fleetwood (name?) is a big loss too.
Creswell ? was the standout Centre half with Wilko last season imo. Having said that at Fleetwood first game somebody said to me that he will eat eveything in the air but he aint so good when the ball is on the deck. An opinion that i thought had some validity at that games end. You are right however he is a big loss. The fact remains we are talking about a team who lost players who contributed over 40 goals last season and that is their problem and the answer to that problem is not currently at the Club.

For that reason alone i am confident wherever we finish it will be higher then Southend.

Pie & Mash
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: Southend on Tuesday

Post by Pie & Mash » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:00 am

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
bearaab wrote:Got a mate who's a Southend fan and not a massive bellend. Agrees that their problem lies in not getting enough goals. Lack of form from Corr who obviously has the ability but isn't showing it and Eastwood has just turned shit. The big bald guy they had at centre back and went to Fleetwood (name?) is a big loss too.
Creswell ? was the standout Centre half with Wilko last season imo. Having said that at Fleetwood first game somebody said to me that he will eat eveything in the air but he aint so good when the ball is on the deck. An opinion that i thought had some validity at that games end. You are right however he is a big loss. The fact remains we are talking about a team who lost players who contributed over 40 goals last season and that is their problem and the answer to that problem is not currently at the Club.

For that reason alone i am confident wherever we finish it will be higher then Southend.
One of those was Gavin Tomlin :roll:

DagenHammer87
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Southend on Tuesday

Post by DagenHammer87 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:37 am

The highlights certainly show a lot of long range shots from Southend, something that I've certainly noticed during other live games that have been televised.

It's good to be beating teams that have been in the second tier (albeit a long, long time ago now!) and to be doing it consistently (twice in how many weeks?).

I think the away end bears no difference on where people go to be honest, I've been to some absolute holes but I've gone to follow my team, not provide a review on trip advisor or anything.

Having games on champions league nights will always have an effect sadly on attendances, but games must go on.

Hopefully we'll pick up another 3 points this season from Southend, but other than that I wish them all the best. It would be nice to get all of the Essex clubs out of this league and playing at a higher level.

I do have one question though, how many daggers appear frequently on southend's boards posting utter drivel? I don't think shrimpy is actually a shrimp. Just a very sad little man who enjoys going on little fishing trips.

Post Reply