Burton Albion

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Saturday's match is going to be a tough one indeed. Before christmas I would have gone for a comfortable away win, but now with our current form and everyone performing well I think we can knick this one.

Daggers 3 Burton Albion 2
Cureton
Bingham
Howell

Att. 2, 144
What do you think?
The Romford Dagger

Daggers 2 - 2 Burton
Attendance 2109 (349 aways)
PaulHornchurch

1st Corner - 7 Mins D&R
1st Throw In - 3 Mins Burton
Wayne - Purple Jumper, Blue Jeans
Score - D&R 2-0 Burton
1st Forum Post After 5pm - Wayne Is God
Diggerthedog

Think we will get beat in this one, be lucky if there is 1600 in attendance 200 Burton max included.
Last edited by Diggerthedog on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dagdale

After the gallant performance at Morecambe and so amazed how well they all teamed up together have so much more confidence on us coming away trumps for this one, but this outfit are an class act and have been up there high all season, as long as we don't go down post Carlisle, Bury route and fail again think we're rise up and out of the lower realms. I believe in a 2-1 win, let's bury the home form voodoo and with tempo like last weekend sure there a good chance for this to be achieved. Hope we hit the decibals as good as Pompey down in the ground cause the boys will need the 12th man.
NickMurphy

Actually feeling pretty good for this one, although maybe that's down to our very good home record over Burton over the years - still, the way we're playing at the moment I think it should be a good game as long as both sides turn up. First game for a month for me so looking forward to seeing Abu at right-back again if nothing else!
ARNU

We're probably due a defeat,Id take the draw right now.If we continue as we have done lately who's to say we cant win this one too.Actually looking forward to this one.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

Burton are a very good team. I don't expect us to win this but as long as we continue to show some guts and adventure, I'd be satisfied. A draw would be a good result.
Kevin

leewilson wrote:..as long as we continue to show some guts and adventure, I'd be satisfied..
Me too..that's what I'm enjoying at the moment - bit more blood n thunder to our displays.

I'd certainly take a draw the way Burton have been this season.

C'mon you Daggers..!! 8-)
IanC

The Romford Dagger wrote:Daggers 2 - 2 Burton
349!Doubt very much they'll get near that.
IanC

With arnu and leewilson on this one,and would totally except a point against a top team with top drawer manager.Also be great to get another Pompey performance too from both team and fans,with maybe just a few more chances.Come on Wayne and the boys,COYD!
The Romford Dagger

IanC wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:Daggers 2 - 2 Burton
349!Doubt very much they'll get near that.
Thought they took about 300 when we played them on a saturday couple years ago. With hem having a good season i wouldn't be surprised by that number at all.
SUSSEX DAGGER

This will be close and another game where I think if we score we won't lose. Rather surprised to see that despite them having a good season they have won only 5 games by more them one goal . Defences will dominate this game and it finishing as it started may not be the worst bet.

Another bearing on this game is tonight's game at Accrington as a win there for the Stanley against Cheltenham makes this a bit of a free one where a point would be fantastic and the pressure is then on Burton not to lose. The top being as tight as the bottom for automatic promotion.

Burton have been here before and kinda of not delivered when the gun is put to their head.

Interesting game for a variety of reasons and I can't get a nil nil out of my mind
hockley dagger

I'd take a point and hope for more. 5 more wins and a couple of draws puts us safe. Start winning against teams like Burton and you really can start looking upwards.
Lcbdagger

Really interested to see if they can deliver from now until the end of the season... different team with the new manager giving them an air of confidence but they have struggled in the past to get from where they are now to actually secure promotion... if they do have a bit of a dip in form, no reason why it can't be against us.

My biggest area of interest is if we do get beat and then run us ragged with a League inning performance... where do we go for the next game? Our unbeaten run is excellent but I want to see how we react now if and when we do lose again... can we bounce straight back? 2015 could be a fantastic one for Home form after the shocker of 2014