Well played lads...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

For a 0-0 I quite enjoyed that. We kept the ball on the ground and it was a pleasure to watch, yes we failed to break them down, but they came for the draw, so it's understandable. Before the game I would have taken a point, another clean sheet, 1 defeat in 8 games. Defence solid yet again, never looked in trouble with Abu at RB unlike Batt or Partridge. Doe and Ayo forming a great partnership. Billy Bingham had a really good game I thought, wasn't his usual good performance on the ball but he battled so well, won many headers on the edge of our box. Everyone gave 100%, that's all we want to see. KEEP IT GOING LADS!
rebeldagger

Cracking performance I thought against a side that could have done us some damage. I was pleased with the performance that our back five gave and they gladly shut out what ever Pompey threw at us.

It seems some other results went our way as well tonight, and I think we have finally realised the danger we were in and turned a corner. Keep it up lads!
Lcbdagger

leewilson wrote:The announcer was hilarious. Cracked up a number of times. Very Partridge-esque.

My favourite was as we were walking out after the final whistle. Instead of 'thank you for coming', it was 'thank you for staying'. :D
Wasn't sure if that was aimed at us or the players ;)

fair play to Jones after he came on... only had 90 seconds but ran around like a seven year old in a park game chasing down every single ball in the air regardless of whether it was 60 yards away from him... certainly got the attitude we need going forward

Agree about the lack of quality... not in the play so much but in the decision making... Jakubiak had a panic when firing the ball across the goal at 100mph where a Cureton would probably have laid that back calmy had Alex been in the middle with roles reversed.

Pompey did have good energy and weren't coming to get beaten easily, but i'm suprised how poor their creativity is for a team that splurged loads of money on matt Tubbs... you can have Messi in your team but you need to create more than one decent passing move a game or have Taylor win more than one header in 90 minutes... not a squad that looks like they will siddenly challenge for League 1 next season
SUSSEX DAGGER

Whats gone wrong with Tubbs ? he looked in a disgraceful condition. Looked totally unfit and needs to shed a stone at least.

Cant recall having that opinion against Wimbledon a couple of months ago.
rechitski kinzhal

So what iss the consensus on Carr ...... he came on for 15 minutes but just seemed to be walking around, did absolutely nothing, we might just as well have taken off Cureton and not replaced him. Or did I miss something?
rechitski kinzhal

So what is the consensus on Carr ...... he came on for 15 minutes but just seemed to be walking around, did absolutely nothing, we might just as well have taken off Cureton and not replaced him. Or did I miss something?
ChazmanQ

I thought Carr looked alright. Not 1st choice but at least he moved about more than Murphy did in the last few weeks
NickMurphy

We sounded solid on the radio, which is always nice to hear. Helped last night by some poor results for teams around us bar Hartlepool who have cut the gap to 6 which is good news for them.
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Whats gone wrong with Tubbs ? he looked in a disgraceful condition. Looked totally unfit and needs to shed a stone at least.

I thought this too, Tubbs by name, Tubbs by nature.
Woodford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Whats gone wrong with Tubbs ? he looked in a disgraceful condition. Looked totally unfit and needs to shed a stone at least.

I thought this too, Tubbs by name, Tubbs by nature.
He hasn't been the same since his brother Rafael was murdered by the drug barons.