Fans forum

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Would have liked to see Goldberg at least given a bit of a chance with Rhys gone if Doidge and Yussuf are still not fit to start games for us currently... but the manager's point is kind of vindicated if Goldberg goes out on Loan to a team a league below us and can't get a game
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: It was all appearance and goals related as I said don't be expecting him to take penaltys if you remember.
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:There is obviously a basic that was negotiated but the term used was that it becomes exsoensive when he plays and even more so when he scores.

So it's all appearance and goal related, but there is obviously a basic element??

Of course, it's also good that there are no other costs - financial and non-financial - to signing a player that doesn't play for a year.
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:Would have liked to see Goldberg at least given a bit of a chance with Rhys gone if Doidge and Yussuf are still not fit to start games for us currently... but the manager's point is kind of vindicated if Goldberg goes out on Loan to a team a league below us and can't get a game
I like the claim that Goldberg was sent to Bromley for game time. If it was for game time it wouldn't be for the rest of the season when his contract runs out.
TheLion

If the club do need 2500 or even 3500 attendances, then our time is nearly up. Without the giveaway season ticket promotion this season, and the endless stream of other game by game promotions, then you just have to wonder what our crowds would have been.

After the past two years of utter boredom, the club will not be getting my two season tickets renewed next season. I will attend every now and again and pay on a game by game basis.

I wonder how many other people have come to the same decision?

Whatever you think of the abilities of the current manager and his management team, we need someone new to get the fans back on board.

Sadly, I suspect that the damage has been done.
ARNU

IanC wrote:Blimey this is all getting a bit strong ain't it,very sad really.Mind if your gonna dish it out ya gotta be able to take it back.If I swore and screamed at the management I would be disappointed if they didn't do the same back.Mind I never would I don't get that pent up about it all,have never called any of the staff anything or booed the team,I leave that to the saddo's.
Me neither,might have booed once or twice.Not bad for 7-8 years worth of pain LOL!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:Would have liked to see Goldberg at least given a bit of a chance with Rhys gone if Doidge and Yussuf are still not fit to start games for us currently... but the manager's point is kind of vindicated if Goldberg goes out on Loan to a team a league below us and can't get a game
I like the claim that Goldberg was sent to Bromley for game time. If it was for game time it wouldn't be for the rest of the season when his contract runs out.
Hadn't read the new Loan details... didn't realise it was all season
Diggerthedog

Chigwellian wrote:
Pondfield Dagger wrote:Burnett- pointing out the fella in the yellow jumper, who called him a w*anker and C**t at a recent game... fella denied those words but admitted he told him to F** off
Right to Reply - as I wasn't allowed to in the meeting (as someone said, the club is being run like North Korea)

I have a meeting with Dave the Chairman next Tuesday, and depending on the outcome of this, I will be seeking legal advice for slander and defamation of character, as I do not use the language mentioned (the C word) in fact, it's not in my vocabulary. I also reject all the other slanderous slurs that were thrown my way.

I did shout out to Burnett that he was a ******** disgrace, of which I sent an email to Steve Thompson at his request to apologise for using the F word as it is totally out of character for me to swear.... My apology was rejected. All I can say is that I feel sorry for Wayne and Steve if they get easily offended by one swear word.
You showed some passion because you care, shame most of the squad don't feel the same. Kim Jong Thommo banner for the next game.
IanC

Strange behaviour for passion!
Penfold

Sounds like it was the same crap again which is making these things pointless.

Bet Dave the plumber didn't say much either?
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"