Murphy gone.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:How much d'ya reckon we got ?? Cant imagine much more than a 100k.

That'll keep the bailiffs away at least.
Not much initially I'd say
Mmmmmmmm Arnu
The Romford Dagger

Good luck to him...

His replacement Carr I've heard good things about as well
SUSSEX DAGGER

So we get money for a player who can walk away in May for FA.

A player who we are told is out for three weeks( estimate from people who's diagnosis have been way out in the past) That same player will then be coming back into a relegation battle it seems with his eyes elsewhere. Hardly going to put it all in and risk blowing it that's human nature.

Thanks Rhys we were good for you and you were good for us good luck son.
NickMurphy

Wish him all the best, no complaints from his time here and I hope he keeps progressing in the future!
ARNU

Good luck to him.Hope he does well.Maybe the club can sort us out a right back with some of the proceeds.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger83

Good deal all round I'd say. He wasn't scoring here, was out of contract in the summer and has had his injuries. Good luck to him.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Lcbdagger

Oh well... Carr needs to hit the ground running
rechitski kinzhal

I don't understand this move. Rhys Murphy always seemed a really nice guy. What crime has he been accused of - match-fixing, rape of a girl in a hotel in Wales (or Romford), death by drink-driving?
It doesn't strike me as a dream move for the lad - he did very well for us last season, and even though he took his one goal very well, this season we have seen nothing if him. I wish him well, but not concerned about his departure.
Diggerthedog

We had more of a chance staying up with Rhys then with some kid from a development squad. Our remaining best players will be leaving on a free in the summer what difference does this one make?

At least we will be left with Batt.
Alan

Not that disappointed. Hasn't looked anywhere near the player he was in 2013 since injured.
The Romford Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:We had more of a chance staying up with Rhys then with some kid from a development squad. Our remaining best players will be leaving on a free in the summer what difference does this one make?

At least we will be left with Batt.
From what I've heard... This kid Carr could be very very useful for us
dagger4eva

I predict he will either

A) Get injured at some point during his 1st appearance

Or

B) Play a couple of games, make a mistake or 2 only to get bombed out, never to be seen again
Lcbdagger

The only positive for Carr is he is here for the season now... if it was a month he would play 25 minutes as a sub in one match and leave...

Certainly puts pressure on other guys to step up... Cureton has played well recently but hasn't had his scoring boots on... will need more from Jakubiak and the midfielders... hopefully more of a goal threat when Abu gets his starting place back in the team... not expecting goals from Billy or Boucard on a regular basis and we haven't had many from defenders at set pieces
bearaab

rechitski kinzhal wrote:I don't understand this move. Rhys Murphy always seemed a really nice guy. What crime has he been accused of - match-fixing, rape of a girl in a hotel in Wales (or Romford), death by drink-driving?
It doesn't strike me as a dream move for the lad - he did very well for us last season, and even though he took his one goal very well, this season we have seen nothing if him. I wish him well, but not concerned about his departure.
So don't sell him because he's not a rapist and doesn't drink drive?

Good luck to him, but I say that's a good deal for us. Not exactly on form, injured again and out of contract in the summer.
rechitski kinzhal

My punishment at school was always 100 lines Bearab, excuse me if it is only 10 here.
I must not write anything satirical on a football forum.