Positives and Negatives

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

What d'you think something like that does to a team that's so bad then? Genuine question, it was possibly poor from wayne (I wasn't there so dunno how we played), but to have only won 6 games at home since then is unbelievable. What do you think that does to a player?
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Your comments about that Wycombe game got me interested in just how good/bad our results at home have been since.

Did you know that following that very comfortable 2-0 – we went on to play another 14 games at home last season, winning just 2.

This season we have played 13 home games, winning 4.

Total: Played 27 – Won 6

Don’t know if anything can be taken from these stats – probably not, but there they are anyway :lol:
All a bit after time by a lot of you is it not about the Wycombe post match comments. The only one who felt strong enough to post was Arnu,some who now bashing him over the head with it at the time said they could see no harm in it.
NickMurphy

I'm still struggling to actually comprehend that those comments could have had such a demoralising effect, but if you look at the trend of our results at home since then there really is no other event that could be a cause factor.
TheLion

As others have said, I look for reasons now not to bother attending home games. At the end of this month, my relations are making their annual visit. I normally get them tickets to allow them to attend the game with us, who are season ticket holders. We arrive early, have a few drinks in the bar, move outside for something to eat then watch the game.

This year, I have said that as the relations are visiting, I will need to miss the game.

Until someone arrives who can get us all behind the club again, and get the players giving their all, even if we are losing, then I am afraid that we are only going in one direction.
Mike the Dagger

NickMurphy wrote:I'm still struggling to actually comprehend that those comments could have had such a demoralising effect, but if you look at the trend of our results at home since then there really is no other event that could be a cause factor.
It's really odd isn't it. Both Murphy and Hines were around well into the New Year so it wasn't the standard excuse of injuries to "key players" which Burnett is still trading on.

The biggest change to the team around that time was the loss of Billy Bingham (injured at Wimbledon on the 26th November and didn't start again until mid February) and the arrival of Lawson D'Ath in mid December, which was discussed in the Northampton Town thread. Once Billy came back in we went on an unbeaten run in March of 8 games (includng 1 win and 3 draws at home).

Lots of "experts" say that it is the smallest fractions that make the difference in professional sport. I would guess that up to the Wycombe game we were playing with confidence at home and expected to get results as a matter of course, whereas after being publicly criticised for being so poor in that win something in the collective mindset shifted a little and the spell was broken.

That and Billy Bingham ;)
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masked Man

Auntie Merge wrote:I agree with Mike the Dagger and therefore Arnu too. Seriously worrying.
Hmmm.... I agree with all three of you!! What's going on here? United by mediocrity? :shock: