Rory Donnelly

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggyjack

Signed on loan for Tranmere from Swansea City and scores twice on his debut.
Having seen him a number of times for the Swans Under 21's, he is a kid with a lot of talent.
Shouldn't we be after these types of hungry loan players instead of past it 30 + year old strikers, who have nothing to prove and therefore do not seem to have the required desire to help pull us out of this terrible situation.
Btw, Burnett Out!!
Richie

Yusuff, Murphy, Cureton, Doidge. We don't need a striker IMO
shoreyda2nd

Daggyjack wrote:Signed on loan for Tranmere from Swansea City and scores twice on his debut.
Having seen him a number of times for the Swans Under 21's, he is a kid with a lot of talent.
Shouldn't we be after these types of hungry loan players instead of past it 30 + year old strikers, who have nothing to prove and therefore do not seem to have the required desire to help pull us out of this terrible situation.
Btw, Burnett Out!!
1) For every youngster signed on loan who becomes a success there are also a few Troy Hewitts, Cameron Lancasters etc.
2) I assume that is a dig at Agyemang, and while he of course had limitations his desire could not be questioned, he worked harder than the vast majority of his team mates in a couple of games over the Xmas/New Year period.
3) We have Jakubiak and Obileye, who are 19 and 20 years old
Daggyjack

My dig is at the club for the seemingly inept manner in which we sign players at the moment, especially on loan (Obileye excepted).
The type of quality players which we need to survive are out there if we care to scout hard enough.
It is mentioned that we have enough strikers but again, Cureton excepted, are any of them scoring enough goals to keep us in the league. I agree that the service is also lacking but my point stands, players of the desire of Donnelly are there if you look.
matt_drfc

Yeah, cos it's just black and white isn't it. How do you know we didn't go for him and Swansea wanted us to pay a % of his wages? How do you know location wasn't a factor? You don't. I don't either. But it's not as simple as getting the man you want. We've got Jakubiak as we aren't paying any of his wages and not too different with Obileye.
bearaab

I'm still miffed we never signed Le Fondre...
SUSSEX DAGGER

Three times the gate gets you three times the Player or at least allows you to pay a Doctor to see those that you do sign at least have a ******** heart,
SUSSEX DAGGER

bearaab wrote:I'm still miffed we never signed Le Fondre...
Is that the bloke Scott Doe had on his pocket all afternoon at Sunny Wembley a few seasons back
Mark

Don't get used to those Doe performances as he'll be off whether Wayne takes us down or keeps us up. He's one of the few who really care but even he knows we're going backwards rapidly.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote:Don't get used to those Doe performances as he'll be off whether Wayne takes us down or keeps us up. He's one of the few who really care but even he knows we're going backwards rapidly.
And to think he got bench for a load of games this season due to Koko the clowns ego which is bigger then the big top.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mark wrote:Don't get used to those Doe performances as he'll be off whether Wayne takes us down or keeps us up. He's one of the few who really care but even he knows we're going backwards rapidly.
And good luck to the lad cos whatever we are paying him is not enough a true Legend and has already done enough to show he can crack it at least the next level up. How nobody has ever come in for him remains a mystery to me
Richie

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
And good luck to the lad cos whatever we are paying him is not enough a true Legend and has already done enough to show he can crack it at least the next level up. How nobody has ever come in for him remains a mystery to me
Apparently he was going to Norwich many years ago if they didn't get promoted to the Prem, but they did get promoted and here he still is. I agree though, some of the garbage playing at L1 level and he's been left here!?
Daggyjack

matt_drfc wrote:Yeah, cos it's just black and white isn't it. How do you know we didn't go for him and Swansea wanted us to pay a % of his wages? How do you know location wasn't a factor? You don't. I don't either. But it's not as simple as getting the man you want. We've got Jakubiak as we aren't paying any of his wages and not too different with Obileye.
Because I do know that Dagenham didn't go in for him.
Location? 4 hours drive to Merseyside as opposed to a 3 hour train journey to London?
You're right, its not easy getting the right man but judging by the attempts we are making to stay up, we will be relegated soon enough.
If you're happy with that, crack on.