How / why can this be allowed to continue

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

We have just had another game without a goal

We managed a whole ONE shot on target - the keeper apparently didn't need to dive ONCE

Taking attacking throw-ins that go backwards

The 2 commentators on the website - Stu Smith and Mick some-one or other were just tearing the whole performance to absolute shreds saying that the Daggers fans were completely let down today, that they didn't have a team worthy of the name to support and that the only miracle was that it only finished 1 nil.

Apparantly there was more friction at the end as the players tried to come over to the fans although they apparently they "weren't getting too close"

This mess should have been sorted after the damn FA CUP debacle against Southport but here we are in an even worse state!!

Can anyone - even Sussex justify that today and say that surely a change of management HAS to be the only way we will get out of this mess.

Lets act NOW and we have a chance!!!! Whoever the name manager is to be can surely do no ******** worse than this current mob.

Wayne / Darren / Warren I know you read this forum (well Darren does at least) - so please, if you have any self respect, piss off and get out of our club now!!!
dagger4eva

Main points from the Burnett interview I just listened to

* Mentioned several times that it was incredibly difficult to be able to compete with the calibre of players Northampton have

* Cureton was dropped as he felt team needed to be set up differently

* Players were given 2 days off in the week as they had no-where to train and the other time they trained back at the park

* Understands fans frustrations but the vast majority have been really supportive. Only a minority that haven't and some want him to die.

* He's really sorry for the fans but also for the players and everyone connected with the club.

* 20 games to go and he is still completely convinced they will turn the fortunes around
leewilson

dagger4eva wrote:Main points from the Burnett interview I just listened to

* Mentioned several times that it was incredibly difficult to be able to compete with the calibre of players Northampton have

* Cureton was dropped as he felt team needed to be set up differently

* Players were given 2 days off in the week as they had no-where to train and the other time they trained back at the park

* Understands fans frustrations but the vast majority have been really supportive. Only a minority that haven't and some want him to die.

* He's really sorry for the fans but also for the players and everyone connected with the club.

* 20 games to go and he is still completely convinced they will turn the fortunes around
The first point is absolute bollocks. We're perfectly able to compete with a good calibre of players when it suits us. Bury home and away spring to mind.
Diggerthedog

This can't continue or we will be relegated. We need to go down fighting and at the moment we are not, it's an absolute shambles from top to bottom. The board don't get much wrong but they have by not sacking KOKO back in October when he should have gone.

If the Board are reading this come on chaps you are losing fans that have stuck by the club through worse times then this, do the right thing and make that change NOW.
Auntie Merge

Even worse, looking at the fixtures, it could be Mr Still that relegates us, when Luton visit in April.

Someone on the board MUST take action now.
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote: * Understands fans frustrations but the vast majority have been really supportive. Only a minority that haven't and some want him to die.
I suppose you could take the view that even though the vast majority on here seem to want him gone, they could be a minority among the support as a whole.
I can't recall any comments about wanting him to die though.
dagger4eva

The die comment came from one fan after the Southport loss and is of course totally unforgivable!

Wayne told me this himself over twitter and also told me he didnt want to release this publically (hence I kept it quiet)

The fact he's actually came out and said it now some almost 3 months later just shows he is desperately scratching around for any excuse / bit of sympathy.

But I do of course reitterate that the comment itself is im sure any sane person would agree, totally disgraceful.
Adrian

It is of course out of order.

But bringing it after so long and overstating it stinks of utter desperation. It's also quite sad that he still hasn't got a clue how to send out messages through the press.
Diggerthedog

Hopefully He will be having job interviews soon.
JFJBENSTEAD

At least there are more local away days in the Vanarama.
redboy

After the Southport debacle he should have gone. For whatever reason the gutless board have buried their heads. We now have 2 weeks without a game, ample time to bring someone in to tinker with the squad. There are no more excuses. The fans have had enough. Anybody happy to continue is as blind as the board. Make no mistake, we are going down with Hartlepool. There will be no return to the FL. For the sake of the club and the loyal fans, HE MUST GO.
Lcbdagger

He's with us until the summer... absolutely no doubt whatsoever about that... regardless of results he will not be sacked before his contract ends and he certainly won't walk
Chigwellian

WB is totally gutless and an utter disgrace. I also think that someone saying he wants him to die is a figment of his imagination, very similar to WH saying he heard racial comments after the Southport game.

If he was that concerned about the comment be allegedly heard, why didn't the club ban him.

Sorry Wayne, cry wolf again. .... now resign Mr clueless
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote:He's with us until the summer... absolutely no doubt whatsoever about that... regardless of results he will not be sacked before his contract ends and he certainly won't walk
You know this for sure? Ridiculous if true. Protest may be the only way, mine will be through boycotting.
bearaab

It'll be alright if we go down. The only differences will be no more football league show and we'll have a chance of being louder than the away support. Might even get a Friday night game on BT sport.