Northampton Town

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger83

Richie wrote:Am not sure if that was worse than Stevenage on Boxing Day, was truly dreadful.
I wasn't there on Boxing Day but surely it couldn't have been worse than that? We created absolutely nothing bar a lucky punt upfield that Rhys managed to ****** up.

I can't remember being so fed up with football as I am now. Not sure I'll bother attending much now. Not a boycott as such, just can't justify spending 6 hours of my weekend on something I'm not enjoying.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Dagdale

Right shameful all what's been happening to our club, never for a month of Sunday's expect to be spot on week in, week out with good to excellent displays after all its League two were talking about here and we all know our history stems a lot from non-League football and a few rough edge moments but speak for many here that all week at work just look forward to my Saturdays following the team I love anywhere and with all the doom and gloom floating around in a dangerous western world something that would give me a sparkle of happiness has all but truly evaporated and just can't seem any ray of sunshine on the horizon, why are we not going in games with 100% effort when everybody connected to this club relies our dire position? keep those five of our 'best boys' (We all know who they are) and build around them players to show passion for the club and format a side to move up, got some really hard games coming up, especially on Tuesday nights, but its attainable AND CAN BE DONE, if we are going down ffs let's go down with at least a side showing some real effort. End of.....
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mike the Dagger wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Why oh why is Lawson D'ath playing for them Saturday. A free agent who went on record as saying money was not an issue he just wanted a Club.

Could not understand how we never signed him after his loan here last season.
Because he was a bit shit maybe?

Somewhere are the stats for results where D'Ath started vs results when Billy started which were embarrasing in their one sidedness.
If that is shit can we have ten ton of it please.
Richie

D'ath was average and missed a sitter in fairness
Diggerthedog

Richie wrote:D'ath was average and missed a sitter in fairness
And was playing against the poorest team in the league.
DI Mike Dashwood

D'Ath was average as he is a League Two midfielder and yesterday was playing in a game between two poor League Two sides. He was still as much use as one of our midfield three and much more use than two of them. What has Luke Howell done?? How an earth can he not get a game in this side?? Quite baffling, like when Doe got the same treatment in November!!!

We have now scored one goal in 7, and had something like 8 shots on target in the last 4 games!!! It is a total joke. Yesterday was appalling. I cannot think of more than one or two players who come out with any credit. Cousins did make two early saves (despite what someone else said on here) and could only watch another hit the post and a another be ruled out, but he didn't do anything wrong. The two centre halves did ok after the first ten minutes. Connors I actually thought did ok but was partly at fault for the goal (but nobody at all moved to give him an option it should be noted). Batt was caught on the ball or mis-placed passes more times than I could keep up with. And much to the shock of my mate who lives in Northampton and came, just strolled back after each occasion. The midfield three were a waste of time. Billy did ok, but lets not pretend it was anymore than that. I think his performances look better due to the dross around him. Labadie, don't get me started, and Bouchard I forgot was out there till he made a tackle in the 78th minute. The wingers looked threatening once or twice, especially Hemmings in the first half, but they hardly got the ball, and poor old Reece was up against two huge lumps and got no decent service at all. He had one chance and one half chance and could do nothing with either. The two lads who came on up top got no change from the centre halves, and no service from the rest of the Team and Chambers contribution was to clear a ball into the building site on a rare occasion we threatened to get into their box!!!

At no point, even at nil nil, did I think we would get anything out of the game. My mate from Northampton who sees us 2 or 3 times a Year said he had never seen a Daggers performance so lacking in fight or energy.

The support appears to have given up. There was not more than two chants yesterday and nobody seems interested or seems to have the faintest belief that we will get anything from these games.

Saw Steve Thompson leaving afterwards and said hello and the poor bloke looks exhausted and like he has a lot on his mind. Who knows the reasons, financial or other, for a change not being made, but as I have said before, Thommo will be hurting as much as anyone on here.

The highlight of the day was the welcome we got in the players lounge from the staff at Northampton (our mate arranged for us to go in there) who were a great bunch, and a chat with some fellow Daggers fans on the train home where everyone got a few things off their chests!!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:D'Ath was average as he is a League Two midfielder and yesterday was playing in a game between two poor League Two sides. He was still as much use as one of our midfield three and much more use than two of them. What has Luke Howell done?? How an earth can he not get a game in this side?? Quite baffling, like when Doe got the same treatment in November!!!

We have now scored one goal in 7, and had something like 8 shots on target in the last 4 games!!! It is a total joke. Yesterday was appalling. I cannot think of more than one or two players who come out with any credit. Cousins did make two early saves (despite what someone else said on here) and could only watch another hit the post and a another be ruled out, but he didn't do anything wrong. The two centre halves did ok after the first ten minutes. Connors I actually thought did ok but was partly at fault for the goal (but nobody at all moved to give him an option it should be noted). Batt was caught on the ball or mis-placed passes more times than I could keep up with. And much to the shock of my mate who lives in Northampton and came, just strolled back after each occasion. The midfield three were a waste of time. Billy did ok, but lets not pretend it was anymore than that. I think his performances look better due to the dross around him. Labadie, don't get me started, and Bouchard I forgot was out there till he made a tackle in the 78th minute. The wingers looked threatening once or twice, especially Hemmings in the first half, but they hardly got the ball, and poor old Reece was up against two huge lumps and got no decent service at all. He had one chance and one half chance and could do nothing with either. The two lads who came on up top got no change from the centre halves, and no service from the rest of the Team and Chambers contribution was to clear a ball into the building site on a rare occasion we threatened to get into their box!!!

At no point, even at nil nil, did I think we would get anything out of the game. My mate from Northampton who sees us 2 or 3 times a Year said he had never seen a Daggers performance so lacking in fight or energy.

The support appears to have given up. There was not more than two chants yesterday and nobody seems interested or seems to have the faintest belief that we will get anything from these games.

Saw Steve Thompson leaving afterwards and said hello and the poor bloke looks exhausted and like he has a lot on his mind. Who knows the reasons, financial or other, for a change not being made, but as I have said before, Thommo will be hurting as much as anyone on here.

The highlight of the day was the welcome we got in the players lounge from the staff at Northampton (our mate arranged for us to go in there) who were a great bunch, and a chat with some fellow Daggers fans on the train home where everyone got a few things off their chests!!!
Good summary Mike perhaps my point about Cousins was a an exaggeration but anything he did you would expect any Pro Goalkeeper to deal with. The point is that Northampton did not have to do anything to beat us.

We have all seen some truly dreadfull players over the years but I could never suggest that they did not care. Batt yesterday looked as if he does not care, the disallowed go being an example. He carelessly gives the ball away in midfield and makes no attempt to even chase back to help retrieve the situation. Every time he gave the ball away was the same.

Your point about Luke Howell is one that I share. After the Southport defeat Wayne was scathing about his sending off and perhaps had a point, that said the lad was full of remorse but is it just a coincidence that he has hardly appeared since.

Now such is my anger about the current right back Luke has played there when he was at MK DONS so if the Manager don't fancy him for our midfield and continues to rely on the current shot shy and pedestrian incumbents is he worth a punt there. Even if he turns out to be poor that is still better then the disgrace that was meant to be playing there yesterday who is an utter embarrassment
Richie

Top post Mike, hard to argue with any of that. If Bouchard and Batt were 10% as good as they think they are we'd be in mid-table.
shoreyda2nd

All game it was painfully obvious how much we miss Abu. Anyone know when we can expect him back?
Abu and Howell in for Labadie and Bingham/Boucard (Billy has got away with a couple of poor games in a row with no mention of it on here) would make a huge difference, that I'm sure of.
We were shocking yesterday, and yet Rhys could of scored two, he has to put one of them chances away!

One other thing, Rhys has never been able to play a full 90 minutes after being a lone striker, and he missed two very good chances. Taking him and a midfielder off for two strikers in Cureton and Yusuff was in my opinion the right call at the time, though the reaction of the fans around me would suggest I'm the only one.
DI Mike Dashwood

Well with regards to the sub, I think people were probably thinking that trailing in a game we really couldn't afford to lose, taking off the centre forward at that stage was strange. I get he was putting on two more forwards but why not put on all three. The fact we ended with two upfront, no right winger, three central midfielders and a sort of left winger, meant nobody really knew what was going on!!!

I think the comments from Sussex and Ritchie are the most telling though, and shows what our Club is becoming, or has become. Players who think they are something they not, and players who do not seem to care. And that is something this Club has never really had a problem with, or not for some time. Some will argue, with some justification, that there were periods in 95/96 and 03/04 when that was the case, but this seems even worse.

I am sure we all have our favourite rubbish players we can recall, but most of them knew they were rubbish, most of them still put in a shift, even if they were no good. Can anyone on here say they get that with this group of players??

This is Dagenham and Redbridge. If anyone was any good week in week out they wouldn't be with us, we all know that, or they would be quickly snapped up anyway. But I have always felt we played a certain way. Whether it was on the deck, or whether it was in the air, we played with tempo, pace, urgency. "We only play one way" was one of Mr Still's rather cheesey and annoying cliches, but it was right for the most part. We got up and at em. Again it may be a cliche, but the side represented the area and the people. Hard working, something about them, containing characters, showing fight in the face of adversity. Does anyone see that in this side?? When we won the Conference, did we have the highest budget?? I doubt it. When we went into League One, did we have one of the four highest budgets?? I very much doubt it. But it didn't matter did it.

Cavell, Pamphlett, Gothard, Creaser, Rodgers, Pratt, Conner, Broom, Matthews, Vickers, Goodwin, Cole, Janney, McDougald, Stein, Jones, Heffer, Mackail Smith, Cobb, Keen, Roberts, Benson, Strevens, Arber, Saunders, Sloma, Moore, Nurse, Green, Vincelot, Gain, Gayle, Femi................Not all brilliant footballers, but all offered something, all will be remembered fondly for years to come and there are many many more you could add to that list, and if others were writing the list it may well contain a lot of different names. How many of this lot will be spoken about in fond terms in even 2 or 3 years!! Doe, Abs, Cousins?? Maybe Howell, Murphy and Cureton?? Not many others though is there, if any at all.
steeevooo

Top, top post yet again dashers.
dagger4eva

Great post Dashers, couldnt agree with you more mate
Kevin

At the risk of an echo occurring - brilliant post.

Despite our low budget, there is nothing to stop a manager recruiting some "characters" who will add to the club.

There is also nothing to stop the board from recruiting a manager who can get more out of our bunch of misfits than the current incumbent.

Constantly whining about "we're only small, what else can we do?" just doesn't cut it for me & smacks of a defeatism. Yes, you need to be realistic - but there is nothing to stop anyone from trying to better themselves, and the people around them.

Wayne Burnett has had a decent amount of time to give this job a go - it just hasn't worked out for him & the club. Someone who can motivate a team & get the best out of players is important at this level, and this is something the people running our club should be addressing - now.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mike the Dagger wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Why oh why is Lawson D'ath playing for them Saturday. A free agent who went on record as saying money was not an issue he just wanted a Club.

Could not understand how we never signed him after his loan here last season.
Because he was a bit shit maybe?

Somewhere are the stats for results where D'Ath started vs results when Billy started which were embarrasing in their one sidedness.
We'll after watching tonight FlS I must admit He really is a bit shit ffs
bearaab

Everyone has good games and good runs. Our current midfielders have had good runs as well. Will younbe commenting if D'ath gets sent off next week?