The Lap Of Honour

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Funny how things change because when Wayne first took over at Away Games the Players went out of their way to acknowledge the efforts of fans, it was common for them to come over and applaud fans even before the game started. This was not done individually but as a group.

Not for one minute am I asking that this to become the norm but it was just something that seemed to have started with Wayne's appointment and did not last long.

When Scott Doe was awarded the Captaincy recently I was delighted as he to me is what this Club is all about. When the second goal went in at Bury at the other end to which the Daggers support was congregated all the other players went to Celebrate in the far corner of the pitch. Scott came to the support behind our goal and with clenched fists and visible veins protruding from his neck celebrated with Cousins in front of our support. Its moments like that that make it all worth while.

That reminds me of that great night at Southend during that JPT thumping last season. Every goal that we scored during the Second half was celebrated with passion in front of our fans, even that is not so prevalent these days.

Lawson D'ath in that mad comeback against Scunthorpe last season , when the equaliser went in he really got into that Dagger spirit in front of the Seive and he was only here on loan but seem to quickly grasp what it was all about. His goal at Burton was also another example.

Abu and Rhys also got it with their goals at Oxford last two seasons, things like that will really get the Crowd going in my opinion.

So to me its not only after games that things have changed but other little things that used to highlight the all in it together attitude that has slowly dropped away over the past year.

After the Southport game whilst those infamous handbags at dawn were being exchanged I was talking to Scott Doe, he said how hurtful it is to hear Players being accused of not trying. He went on to explain that if this Team gets relegated they are finished as Players . He knows that we all spend hard earned money but to hear comments like that hurts as it is their careers that are on the line.

Perhaps to much has been said in different forums over the past few months that have been either read or heard by the Players and the fractured relationship is beyond repair. As a Dagger I just hope that the Board, Management and players can at least attempt to repair something that is obviously not what it was.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Auntie Merge wrote:
We HAD an over-inflated backroom team but by all accounts Leon the fitness bloke, Dalton Grant (who?) and Gary the kitman have all been recently bombed out.
@Dagger4Eva
Has Gary the kitman been 'bombed out'? Who is doing the kit now?
Well he has not been seen but did see a comment on a Social Media site suggesting all is not well.

Talking of such things the Young Lad who use to assist has also gone missing, think his name was Charlie. Not seen him for weeks either.

Leon the fitness Coach was got rid of between Tranmere and Plymouth,something has obviously gone wrong as that is where the ball bouncer first appeared.
Auntie Merge

View From The Stand wrote:Perhaps we can start the healing process by returning to the 'home' dugout if the reason for the change has gone,"not enough space to fit all the staff on"
Very much this.
Don Beech 3

Saw that the first couple of rows behind the dugout have been empty the last couple of weeks, thought it was due to not being able to get people to sponsor the games. Now it just seems we have cleared out all the people who sat in those chairs.
Penfold

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I did notice the fella doing the warm ups had changed?? Anyone know the reason behind this?? And Dalton's name is not on the list of staff on the inside cover of the prog now. Again, anyone know if and why this has changed??
Couldn't afford him after the southport exit.... Dalton Grant thought he'd be given the role so when they brought in replacements, he effectively walked.
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"