Cheltenham at home (next game) - Atmosphere

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Yet again no atmosphere yesterday. As ive already said, in the TBS stand against bury, i and few mates tried to start something in last 20 mins in desperation for some noise to lift the players. It was beginning to work but even thougj each chant was gaining more and more people, we ended up running out of time.

My suggestion is that i will do the same again but from the start this time in the TBS (have the combo season ticket)and will sit same place. Close as possible to away fans and on top row. ANYONE That wants to contribute to the noise and help start some chants please come and join us up there. Im 16 and brother and mates are 14. There will be 4 of us so we will not be hard to find.

Putting the post up now as i feel that if we get this thread going from now (3 weeks in advance) there is a possibility, albeit a small one, that we could get an atmosphere going.

Please pass this on to everyone you all know who aren't on this forum and if anyone else has a suggestion that will help, id be happy for the advice.

Worth a try anyway even if its only the four of us again. The players will need us if we want to stay up as we enter these crucial months.

Cheers lads
Mike the Dagger

Maybe if the players did something constructive (like get a shot on target) the cowd could join in?

Just a thought.
The Romford Dagger

But we can't change what the players do. However, we can at least make an atmosphere that might intimidate the opposition.
Mike the Dagger

The Romford Dagger wrote:But we can't change what the players do. However, we can at least make an atmosphere that might intimidate the opposition.
I'll have a pint of what you are drinking please.

The opposition just look at our intimidating home record and snigger quietly. Expect away goalkeepers to be bringing a chair, pipe and slippers out soon.

Having said that, Cheltenham just managed to get beaten by a Hartlepool team even more hapless than us so there might be some hope for the next one at least.
TomMc

The Romford Dagger wrote:But we can't change what the players do. However, we can at least make an atmosphere that might intimidate the opposition.
I'm bringing a trebuchet to the next match I attend, that'll intimidate them.
ChazmanQ

Is this game a TBS Combo game?

I say let's pack the TBS and really get behind the team. Show the powers that be what can be done if we have that stand rather than the leaky shed
Mike the Dagger

TomMc wrote:
I like your thinking.
Kevin

Mike the Dagger wrote:
TomMc wrote:
I like your thinking.
Me also...although I did have to look up the meaning of trebuchet :oops:
DI Mike Dashwood

There is no way you will be at the next game Tom ;)
Mike the Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:There is no way you will be at the next game Tom ;)
Of course not. Do you know how long it takes one man to buld a trebuchet?
TomMc

:-D I chose to play a round of golf in near gale-force winds on Saturday instead of attend - think you can determine my current level of "commitment" from that :)
DI Mike Dashwood

do you need a caddie next week??
Dagger83

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Of course not. Do you know how long it takes one man to buld a trebuchet?
I bet it took Tom an hour to spell it...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
The Romford Dagger

Well at least I'm trying. Better than just watching us get relegated in a library
Mike the Dagger

The Romford Dagger wrote:Well at least I'm trying. Better than just watching us get relegated in a library
I'm ironing on home Saturdays. Drier and warmer than playing golf and also better than just watching us get relegated in a library.