Cheltenham at home (next game) - Atmosphere

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I don't think its fair to have a pop at these guys,at least they had a go.If we had all the singers concentrated in the TBS together we'd have heard them.Like I said before,it is a difficult thing to do to fabricate an atmosphere.Long term we need the team to give us hope again then the noise and atmosphere will naturally follow.Being totally honest...I did hear one or two chants,it wasn't loud but it was just audible.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

Alan wrote:Didn't hear a peep from home support in TBS - so perhaps it isn't the fantastic amplifier some think it is?
Weird isn't it. It's almost like it's people being loud that create noise rather than a building.
FullMetalDagger

there wasnt much singing in the TBS, which is why you couldn't hear anything. At the same time I could only hear the drum from the sieve. I dont doubt the sieve was making some noise because i've been in there in the middle of the noise only to hear people in other stands say we were silent.

But let's face it, This shit is moot when we're winning games.
The Romford Dagger

Dagger Steve wrote:I was in TBS so obviously heard you. You seemed to give up slighlty too easily after half time, I believe if you had carried on you would of had others joining in as everyone's mood improved.I was with my little niece and we were joining in from done the other end. But listen well done for giving it a go.
Thanks Steve and cheers for joining in!
ARNU

How come 100 Bury fans,66 Accy fans,48 Morecambe fans etc etc etc can out sing us on a regular basis from that stand and can clearly be heard over the home crowd then ?

Think back to when that stand is banged out with 1200 away supporters not only do they nearly outnumber us and outsing us their team normally wins too.

We don't have the fans to fill it now unfortunately.This is A horse that bolted when Thommo and others foolishlty rejected the point 4 or 5 seasons ago.

Just wait till pompey stuff our ground next home game.Their team is as shit as ours but will have the 12th man watching from that stand...we wont.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
FullMetalDagger

ARNU wrote: Just wait till pompey stuff our ground next home game.Their team is as shit as ours but will have the 12th man watching from that stand...we wont.
This x1000

I am so sick of other teams fans camping up in the TBS and taking over the whole place.

You can have as many people singing in the sieve as you want (aand I love the sieve) but that same amount will sound louder from the TBS.
EastLDN

After all the huff and puff this completely fell flat, where was this 30 blokes?? There were about 10 lads at the most and you didn't even sing, about 3 chants went up that lasted about 30 seconds in the whole 90 mins. A massive disappointment, there were 3 young boys up there and they were putting in more effort.
The Romford Dagger

EastLDN wrote:After all the huff and puff this completely fell flat, where was this 30 blokes?? There were about 10 lads at the most and you didn't even sing, about 3 chants went up that lasted about 30 seconds in the whole 90 mins. A massive disappointment, there were 3 young boys up there and they were putting in more effort.

The young boys were me and my brother and his 2 mates...

It could've gone better but if people decide not to join then there's nothing I can do.

3 chants. Really?

Anyways it's done now so cheers to everyone who helped and sorry to those that just seemed a bit pissed off with the end result... I tried
EastLDN

The Romford Dagger wrote:
EastLDN wrote:After all the huff and puff this completely fell flat, where was this 30 blokes?? There were about 10 lads at the most and you didn't even sing, about 3 chants went up that lasted about 30 seconds in the whole 90 mins. A massive disappointment, there were 3 young boys up there and they were putting in more effort.

It could've gone better but if people decide not to join then there's nothing I can do.

3 chants. Really?

Anyways it's done now so cheers to everyone who helped and sorry to those that just seemed a bit pissed off with the end result... I tried
No one criticising you for putting the effort in to organise this but the effort on the stands was definitely less than half arsed.

The boys I was talking about were under the age of 10.

To be fair though I have come to the conclusion that it's cos 90% of the people that go down to Victoria road do so for something to do on a sat afternoon, and most support other teams. Which in turn breeds an environment of apathy which is all I have witnessed at Victoria road this season, on and off the pitch.
The Romford Dagger

EastLDN wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:

3 chants. Really?

No one criticising you for putting the effort in to organise this but the effort on the stands was definitely less than half arsed.

The boys I was talking about were under the age of 10.

To be fair though I have come to the conclusion that it's cos 90% of the people that go down to Victoria road do so for something to do on a sat afternoon, and most support other teams. Which in turn breeds an environment of apathy which is all I have witnessed at Victoria road this season, on and off the pitch.

Agree about most people simply don't come to mane atmosphere. At least I have a right about it now as I tried.
Cheers everyone anyway