Dagenham dinosaurs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

Are we the only team left playing long ball, as every other team i have seen over the LBDS seem to try to play a passing game?
ARNU

That's my biggest disappointment with WB.He started off with this philosophy of passing ,took a few losses then threw it out the window.Its a mish mash of hoof from the keeper with a bit of throwing it to the full back to then hoof it.As with Johny Judas,after a couple of seasons the other teams sussed it out and knew how to play us.Nothing wrong with hoofing done well but with 8 losses at home from 13 I think we'll just scrape by playing downright ugly football.Lets say we stay up....what next season ? More of the same I fear.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Dagger42 wrote:Are we the only team left playing long ball, as every other team i have seen over the LBDS seem to try to play a passing game?
This is a joke right?
Lcbdagger

I would have agreed at the start of the season... but the nonsense of seeing a boll rolled to Saah, passed three or four times between him, Doe, Boucard and *insert name of full back* for a minute before we got pressured, the ball went back to Cousins or O'Brien and then was hoofed out for a throw on... i'm not too dissapointed by the way we play now... the big problem with the 'long ball' is it doesn't go wide enough like we used to do with Benno or CMS or Strevens... sticking things straight through the middle each game does nothing except see Cureton playing most of the game with his arms in the air sighing
Mark

Every team in the division goes long from back to front. It's just they have players in forward areas more suited to holding it up and bringing creative players in. When we manage to hold it up we do play some decent stuff in the last third, it just isn't very often.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote:Every team in the division goes long from back to front. It's just they have players in forward areas more suited to holding it up and bringing creative players in. When we manage to hold it up we do play some decent stuff in the last third, it just isn't very often.
Agyemang anyone?? ;)
Dagger42

Maybe I should have said hoof ball. It just seems every other team pass the ball to one another or have players who run at defenders with the ball. Our players just seem to try and get rid of the ball asap and boot it up field and hope.
Don Beech 3

Well it was only a little cameo but I presume you're looking for the type of play that Jakubiak brought when he came on, running at the defender from wide and giving the players a bit of a hurry up. Was good to see and if things need freshening up/changing about would certainly give him a go next week and see what he can do