Booing??

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

I'm happy to admit I'm not fully behind the manager yet but what on earth was some of the booing from the Sieve at the end of the game today? Three consecutive clean sheets and should have had a couple of goals today if Hemmings or Chambers had brought their shooting boots with them. Not certain what everyone was expecting with the team still not playing with bags of confidence?

Onwards and upwards hopefully
ARNU

Yeah you cant boo 'em if they are giving they're all.If I was gonna moan I'd say Murphy and Cureton were poor today,both kept giving the ball away.Many would have coated Agyemang if he'd have had a day like theirs.Not saying they weren'yt trying,just neither had a good moment.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

I agree, Cureton inparticular wasn't on it at all today, think he needs a couple of games out of the team.

First half was a bit of a nothing half really. Second half we were better I thought, bit more urgency. Thought Hemmings had a good game, looked to get involved and was dangerous at times. Also thought Labadie was alright today, didn't hide from any challenges and broke up play pretty well. Hopefully Bingham isn't injured, Boucaud done well when he came on though. Jakubiak looked lively and Partridge had a bit of a mare again, but 3 clean sheets, 3 games without defeat, keep going boys the goals will come!
Lcbdagger

Could have been playing against his old team but Jacubiak gave them the run around at the end... Worth a start possibly ahead of a lacklustre Chambers
Don Beech 3

Thought that Connors and Eddie played well today. The centre midfield especially after Bingham went off seemed to be playing as extra cover for the defence and didn't get forward as needed to offer the support required it meant that 2nd half the closest we would get were 40 yard free kicks that brought a few ooohs and aaaahs but didn't hit the target on any of them.. Whether thats something that is different when Ogogo is back or if they were specific instructions to those 2 players will be interesting to see, personally i'd like to see Howell playing but understand it is a big ESC game week after next so need him and Yuseff fit for that.
Adrian

No shots on target again. The only moment of any real interest in the entire game was the bit of handbags.
Chambers was utter garbage again - the miss summed him up entirely, he didn't know what to do when he got to the ball.

Defensively we were fine but we weren't up against a very good team. Cureton and Murphy had little service and seemed to be trying to force things between each other at times.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:No shots on target again. The only moment of any real interest in the entire game was the bit of handbags.
Chambers was utter garbage again - the miss summed him up entirely, he didn't know what to do when he got to the ball.

Defensively we were fine but we weren't up against a very good team. Cureton and Murphy had little service and seemed to be trying to force things between each other at times.
Think the ref only allowing two minutes extra at the end ran that a very close second Adrian.

Got a mate who has sat in a and e all afternoon and I reckon he had a better afternoon then me.

We had no creativity in midfield second half after Bingham departed and his range was way off after doing all the hard stuff first half.

The Partridge injury was a blow with Luke Howell stripped and ready to come on. Bouchard did everything you would hope but to me his percentage posative passes are far outnumbered by either square or backward ones.

If I even thought Chambers had one mind I would say he was caught in two minds with what to do with that cross. Another tepid display, oh my days are we missing my man Meddy.

Cureton looked tired and was way off it. Murphy put in a lot but this was mainly chasing down balls just aimlessly punted Forward more in hope then expectation.

The posative has to be another clean sheet but it is a big help that we played a team who came not to get beat and I am sure that their manager was that cautious I saw him look both ways before he crossed his legs.

We are crying out for somebody in midfield to get on the ball and do something with it, somebody to boss the midfield.

We have made two big decisions recently the long overdue dropping of Saah and the non selection of Luke Howell, am I the only one thinking these decisions have cured one problem and caused another
lupins

I actually thought that as soon as he came on Bouchard did very well. He is always available to take a pass even when he is under pressure and rarely gives it away. Sometimes that looks negative but is much better than giving the ball over cheaply to the opposition.
Who told Hemmings it is okay to go wide not inside and whip crosses in. Well done whoever.
Not the worst game I thought considering we didn't have too much pace up front
Mike the Dagger

I stayed home and did the ironing.

Zero shots on target??? One goal in six games???? Meh!
Lcbdagger

lupins wrote:I actually thought that as soon as he came on Bouchard did very well. He is always available to take a pass even when he is under pressure and rarely gives it away. Sometimes that looks negative but is much better than giving the ball over cheaply to the opposition.
Who told Hemmings it is okay to go wide not inside and whip crosses in. Well done whoever.
Not the worst game I thought considering we didn't have too much pace up front
Thought Hemmings was a bit of a bright spark today... but the guy has a phobia of shooting, despite scoring a goal or two earlier in the season from 20 odd yards!

Special mention today to Connors as I was absolutely terrified for his game once he was booked... beyond that, not much to say about the game itself. Oxford obviously checked the BBC to see our last two clean sheers but did no research in to how horrible we have been the rest of the season... they offered less in attack than Tranmere did
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote:I stayed home and did the ironing.

Sensible man. I went to a family lunch and then on for tea and cakes. So much more enjoyable than sitting and freezing watching our inevitable slide back to the Conference. Inevitable, because no one in the club had the balls to make changes when they needed to be made. Woking and Braintree for us next season.
Dagdale

Thought it was just another boring league encounter down at our place, looked certs for a draw after 15/20 minutes, nothing changes and games like these we should and could have got a win, surprised Oxford seemed to take their foot off the gas pedal second half and because we noticed their big back four and the midfield guys dropping back quickly on any of our attacks we were not going to penetrate their box at all, goalie didn't have top notch saves to make again, although admired Hemmings work rate today and glad he 'had a go' here and there. Quite frankly glad to see the back of this one, think if we get the other three guys fully fit, Hines, Ogogo and Doidge were probably get out of this mess and bag some wins.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Auntie Merge wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:I stayed home and did the ironing.

Sensible man. I went to a family lunch and then on for tea and cakes. So much more enjoyable than sitting and freezing watching our inevitable slide back to the Conference. Inevitable, because no one in the club had the balls to make changes when they needed to be made. Woking and Braintree for us next season.
Because changing the Manager is a sure fire way of getting out of the do do.

Only two teams have won today who have changed their Manager,one where two were playing each other the other team lost their Manager through no fault of their own.

None of the teams who have changed Managers have shown any marked improvement bar the team who were forced into it. This time last season Wycombe could have wet the bed over Ainsworth but stuck with him and look at them now.

At least we are starting to show a bit of resilience at last
Mark

Can't fault the effort recently, glad we're keeping a settled side and he's dropped most of the dead wood.

He still needs to find a right sided player if only for cover once Hines is back because Chambers was yet again awful. Get Ogogo back in the midfield and that'll help too. Just hope the two injuries aren't serious as the alternatives worry me.
leewilson

We've gone from being open in attack and defence to being solid and functional yet with little creativity. I liked the intent of Cureton and Murphy yesterday but they just weren't on the same wavelength. None of the little flicks came off.

Chambers was excellent for the first 2-3 months of the season. The fact he was involved in quite a lot of our goals supports this as well but he has really lost his way the last month or two. So indecisive around the box and it slows us down. He needs a spell out of the team.

Thought Bingham and Boucard did well yesterday. Surprised Bingham was taken off, an injury perhaps? Labadie continues to do ok but nothing that's going to win us a match. He is the one to make way for when Ogogo is fit. I've never been a massive fan of Howell. The only thing he offers that perhaps our current midfielders don't is he will look to get onto the end of things in the box. Still, I don't see him being much of an answer at the moment.

Fair play to Jack Connors as well. Done very well lately. I do think he benefits massively though from having a superb CB partnership next to him. Ayo and Doe just compliment each other superbly. Doe has always been at his best when alongside a commanding CB. He's really reveling in the role of captain at present whilst Ayo plays beyond his years.

In terms of us needing more goals, we have two strikers up front who will grab goals for fun if we provide them chances. We're not giving them anything to work with. Every time Murphy and Cureton were on the ball yesterday, it was 25-30 yards from goal. They were trying the little interlinks to get around defenders. Aside from the Chambers chance, we didn't put enough balls into the box. We showed good signs early on with a few low crosses (which makes sense considering our size up top) but didn't maintain this. Chambers in particular was guilty of offering nothing. Hemmings worked hard and had some bright moments but didn't provide enough service. At present, we are relying a little too heavily on Hines to come back and provide.

I notice Porter's contract has only been extended to February 2nd. I personally would not extend it further. If Hemmings/Chambers are ahead of him in the pecking order at present, something must be wrong. If I was Wayne, I'd be looking very carefully for a wide player on loan. Preferably someone who can get to the byline and cross. Failing that, give Jakubiak/Yussef a chance out there. Neither appear to be afraid of going at a man. Jakubiak yesterday looked good when he came on and committed players.