Oxford fans at full time

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Richie

ChazmanQ wrote:Family Stand first option. Then left side of TBS when there is an overspill. Home fans sit in middle and right side of TBS. Just seems away fans get the better end of the deal

Would other clubs give 1000 seater stand to less than 300 fans on a weekly basis?
So the away fans walk in to the left side of the TBS at the same place as the home fans going to the right side?
ChazmanQ

Home fans could walk in via Bury Rd and walk behind the terrace up to TBS

It's not exactly impossible to achieve
ARNU

ChazmanQ wrote:Home fans could walk in via Bury Rd and walk behind the terrace up to TBS

It's not exactly impossible to achieve
You're wasting your breathe Chaz.I've done this to death over the years.Watched it go from an impossibility to the club begging us to go in there when we looked like getting relegated.I've seen 600+ Crawley fans enter via Bury Road turnstile and behave and segregate peacefully while they were housed in the far end of the sieve too.Adrians economic claims have some validity but the club are happy having large away followings and even small ones outsinging us and sucking the ball into that goal while we stand in a leaky shed with no atmosphere.This horse has bolted now mate.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ChazmanQ

That's a real shame ARNU

That stand has the potential to be a real wall of noise for the home support

:roll:
Dagger83

ChazmanQ wrote:That's a real shame ARNU

That stand has the potential to be a real wall of noise for the home support

:roll:
Now you're taking the piss. You could hear a mouse fart at most games yet we'll be miraculously turning in to a "wall of noise" because of a move of stand?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ChazmanQ

I did say potential.....

Some of the away support have managed to get a decent level of sound going
DI Mike Dashwood

I thought someone in this thread Labadie has a good work rate, but am presuming I mis-read this!?!?
matt_drfc

ChazmanQ wrote:I did say potential.....

Some of the away support have managed to get a decent level of sound going
Barring Crystal Palace, what home fans create better noise than away fans on a consistent basis?
Mikins

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I thought someone in this thread Labadie has a good work rate, but am presuming I mis-read this!?!?
You didn't, I assumed they were being sarcastic though...
Sorry about your damn luck!
ChazmanQ

Not many

But the sieve is like a library at times. Far too quiet for the amount of people in there

It's just an option. One that doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:
ChazmanQ wrote:Most of the time that stand is 3/4 empty. Such a waste of space

Away fans would easily be housed in the family stand

Away league gates so far this season

Morecambe = 113
Mansfield = 190
Northampton = 552 *
Cambridge = 770 *
York = 335
Exeter = 402
Newport = 176
Shrewsbury = 299
Carlisle = 364
Tranmere = 211
Stevenage = 310
Bury = 245
Oxford = 551 *

Only three games so far where the stand has been half full

That's some pretty shocking figures for a stand which can sit about 1000
Where else do you propose that many people are put and kept segregated. Most of those are too many for the Family Stand. There is now way of putting them in the Sieve with their own entrance without spending a lot of money on completely reconfiguring the ground.
Would cost sweet fa.

As Arnu rightly points out use the gate from the Seive by having a bloke sitting there taking the upgrade excesses. This situation works very we'll at places like Exeter and York. A lot of away grounds fans share the same Stand with nothing more then a tarpoling separating them with a sterile Area. Grounds I have been to which have this idea are Bradford,Rochdale, Yeovil,Carlisle,Bournemouth,Feetwood,Oldham with many more. All it would cost is the price of a decent tarpoling and a the wages of a bloke to collect the Wonga oh and perhaps the price of a box
Diggerthedog

When we get relegated we will only need the TBS to fit in home and away fans each game.

We are not allowed pillowcases with Burnett out on but away fans are allowed huge flags with 10ft poles......
Pondfield Dagger

6 minute interview by wayne:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30748110

anyone know why we are training over parsloes park and dagenham park?? players being chased by dogs lol
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:When we get relegated we will only need the TBS to fit in home and away fans each game.

We are not allowed pillowcases with Burnett out on but away fans are allowed huge flags with 10ft poles......
Must admit the irony was not lost on me either
Diggerthedog

Pondfield Dagger wrote:6 minute interview by wayne:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30748110

anyone know why we are training over parsloes park and dagenham park?? players being chased by dogs lol
We don't have a real training ground and the one we normally use is waterlogged, this has been the same since years ago, we would rather get nice floodlights then give out players nice facilities. I notice none of the grounds we have visited have changed their floodlights.