Oxford fans at full time

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

I know they firstly booed and swore at the ref at full time. He was bad but consistently for both sides.

Then they were shouting at one of the last players or staff to leave the pitch. Was it yakubiak possibly as he is an ex player. Just wondered who as they were really shouting at the person.
Lcbdagger

Labadie almost certainly... a fair few guys said he should have been sent off during the fracas towards the end... allegations of punches/ slaps being thrown o fans unhappy he stayed on the pitch.
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:Labadie almost certainly... a fair few guys said he should have been sent off during the fracas towards the end... allegations of punches/ slaps being thrown o fans unhappy he stayed on the pitch.
As a footballer, Labadie is a horrible twat - niggly fouls, playing acting after he thinks he's been fouled. Won't be sorry to see him gone at all.
bearaab

Talking to a mate and he said Labadie went to my school while I was there. Been told he was a cocky twat then as well.
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:Labadie almost certainly... a fair few guys said he should have been sent off during the fracas towards the end... allegations of punches/ slaps being thrown o fans unhappy he stayed on the pitch.
As a footballer, Labadie is a horrible twat - niggly fouls, playing acting after he thinks he's been fouled. Won't be sorry to see him gone at all.
I must stress my original response came from comments made after the game by Home fans in the Carling Stand... didn't see what happened myself... you get a lot of work rate from Labadie but he looks like a walking red card most games with the 'robust' tackling mixed in with the play acting... I think he gets a chance at the moment as the option of Bingham and Boucard would create absolutely nothing going forward
ARNU

Labadies a bully.A sort of Vinny Jones type on a lesser scale.He intimidates opponents so we need him as everyone else on the side is rather weak in that area(I think Abs has it in him )However he is a red card waiting to happen.He bites people too.I don't particularly like him but I wouldn't drop him either.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ChazmanQ

I hate the fact that the away fans have the chance to surround the tunnel at half/full time and impose themselves so much

Why don't we stuck them in the family stand/corner of the terrace and make the TBS a home fans stand. Much nicer place to sit and facilities are better too
hockley dagger

ChazmanQ wrote:I hate the fact that the away fans have the chance to surround the tunnel at half/full time and impose themselves so much

Why don't we stuck them in the family stand/corner of the terrace and make the TBS a home fans stand. Much nicer place to sit and facilities are better too

Thommo said some bs about it something about we cant work out entry turnstiles
ChazmanQ

Most of the time that stand is 3/4 empty. Such a waste of space

Away fans would easily be housed in the family stand

Away league gates so far this season

Morecambe = 113
Mansfield = 190
Northampton = 552 *
Cambridge = 770 *
York = 335
Exeter = 402
Newport = 176
Shrewsbury = 299
Carlisle = 364
Tranmere = 211
Stevenage = 310
Bury = 245
Oxford = 551 *

Only three games so far where the stand has been half full

That's some pretty shocking figures for a stand which can sit about 1000
ARNU

My favourite subject.

It can easily be done,they just don't want to.

They actually let us in thru the gate at the end of the sieve a few times.

They think by ripping off the away fans it will give them more income,however if they let us in there,we make some noise,we'll probably win more,be more successful and attract more fans and more gate receipts.Go figure...
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
speedy

Adrian, you say Labadie is a horrible twat, niggly fouls, play acting, in ya face etc But How many times in the past have we seen on here people moaning about us not having someone like that in our side, now we have one people don't like it. Granted he wouldn't be my first name on the team sheet but like Arnu says at present I wouldn't drop him.
ChazmanQ

ARNU wrote:My favourite subject.

It can easily be done,they just don't want to.

They actually let us in thru the gate at the end of the sieve a few times.

They think by ripping off the away fans it will give them more income,however if they let us in there,we make some noise,we'll probably win more,be more successful and attract more fans and more gate receipts.Go figure...
Is this something that could be pushed through the fans forum?

Even if they do a trial for a game. I would happily sit in the TBS. I find it has more of an atmosphere when we do
Adrian

speedy wrote:Adrian, you say Labadie is a horrible twat, niggly fouls, play acting, in ya face etc But How many times in the past have we seen on here people moaning about us not having someone like that in our side, now we have one people don't like it. Granted he wouldn't be my first name on the team sheet but like Arnu says at present I wouldn't drop him.
I've seen suggestions that we need players with a bit more nous, or players that are better at breaking up play. I've never seen a suggestion that we need a sly niggly cheat like Labadie. I've never wanted to see a player like him play for us.
Adrian

ChazmanQ wrote:Most of the time that stand is 3/4 empty. Such a waste of space

Away fans would easily be housed in the family stand

Away league gates so far this season

Morecambe = 113
Mansfield = 190
Northampton = 552 *
Cambridge = 770 *
York = 335
Exeter = 402
Newport = 176
Shrewsbury = 299
Carlisle = 364
Tranmere = 211
Stevenage = 310
Bury = 245
Oxford = 551 *

Only three games so far where the stand has been half full

That's some pretty shocking figures for a stand which can sit about 1000
Where else do you propose that many people are put and kept segregated. Most of those are too many for the Family Stand. There is now way of putting them in the Sieve with their own entrance without spending a lot of money on completely reconfiguring the ground.
ChazmanQ

Family Stand first option. Then left side of TBS when there is an overspill. Home fans sit in middle and right side of TBS. Just seems away fans get the better end of the deal

Would other clubs give 1000 seater stand to less than 300 fans on a weekly basis?