official site - loan watch

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Alex Osborn – Ebbsfleet
The Fleet beat Concord Rangers 4-0 at the weekend with Osborne featuring on the bench.

How is it possible to feature on the bench? Surely you only feature if you actually make it on to the pitch?
InTheKnow

I spot that you're really Adrian and claim my prize for the most pedantic post of the day
Kevin

Maybe he sat on it with a certain style..

Agreed, does seem an odd thing to flag on the official site.
NickMurphy

Forget about that, what about Bradley Goldberg?

Sounds like a great signing if his goal tally in the BSS is anything to go by.
dagger4eva

Ah great, whats my prize ???

Please tell me I win a telephone kiosk because I love starting arguments with myself in those.
NickMurphy

Goldberg hat-trick tonight for Bromley against Chelmsford.
rechitski kinzhal

Dwight Gayle scored 42 in conf south and stayed all season at Bishops Stortford ..... and by the time he started playing for us, he only lasted a couple of months before he was off. And whilst we got a good deal financially, from a football point of view, and that is the only one that matters, it was a terrible wasted opportunity. Whilst he was scoring for fun in conf south, we couldn't buy a goal that season.
This season we are scoring pretty well - we finally have a real goalscorer in Rhys, and others are chipping in as well. But surely Goldberg has proved himself enough to come back here and be given a chance (the ESC game against Romford shows what he is capable of). It is a long, long time since Josh scored 4 against Morecambe, and Brian scored three against Bristol Rovers(?) ..... time for them to move on, at the very best they will prove to be "adequate". And Chris Dickson isn't pulling up trees.
Some will say it is too early - but surely we have to take a chance. Or am I ahead of myself.
Mike the Dagger

rechitski kinzhal wrote:Dwight Gayle scored 42 in conf south and stayed all season at Bishops Stortford ..... and by the time he started playing for us, he only lasted a couple of months before he was off. And whilst we got a good deal financially, from a football point of view, and that is the only one that matters, it was a terrible wasted opportunity. Whilst he was scoring for fun in conf south, we couldn't buy a goal that season.
This season we are scoring pretty well - we finally have a real goalscorer in Rhys, and others are chipping in as well. But surely Goldberg has proved himself enough to come back here and be given a chance (the ESC game against Romford shows what he is capable of). It is a long, long time since Josh scored 4 against Morecambe, and Brian scored three against Bristol Rovers(?) ..... time for them to move on, at the very best they will prove to be "adequate". And Chris Dickson isn't pulling up trees.
Some will say it is too early - but surely we have to take a chance. Or am I ahead of myself.
Rather depends what the terms of the loan are, and whether Wayne is going to play Goldberg if he come back to us. Better playing regularly and getting sharp playing regularly at Bromley, than coming back and getting the odd run off the bench at the Daggers I would have thought.

Good that he played in the ESC team though, shows we are thinking about him and keeping an eye at least.
rechitski kinzhal

I agree Mike, but surely Josh Scott and Brian Woodall really are surplus to requirements now - it is extremely unlikely they will ever be more than just back-up players. I would suggest trying to unload them both, and then getting a player with a lot of potential to come into the squad ..... we will still have Dickson as cover, and Dickson could still prove to be quite useful. But however tough, there really does seem no point in keeping players on reasonable money if they are not, nor will ever be, established first team players.
len

Again not sure if terms of loan would allow Goldberg to be recalled during season but what concerns me is that with the number of goals he is scoring must have come to the attention of other clubs and is only on a one year deal with us,and could potentially walk away at the end of the season for nothing.
InTheKnow

Heard that Golberg is on a youth loan instead of a long term loan which means he can be recalled at any time - unlike Gayle who was on a season loan. Also heard that there is a one-year option in the clubs favour on him.
dagger4eva

I can't help but think that a FULLY FIT Josh Scott / Brian Woodall is still good backup for us to have if Murphy finds himself injured / suspended. Not that I'd be against us recalling Goldberg however ..
daggersjeff

Probably helps that his Dad, Mark is manager at Bromley....or is that me being cynical??
Richie

Why recall him and leave him sitting on a bench? Keep him at Bromley, hopefully he keeps scoring and comes back in July ready to push us to the Championship!
admin
Site Admin

Richie wrote:Why recall him and leave him sitting on a bench? Keep him at Bromley, hopefully he keeps scoring and comes back in July ready to push us to the Championship!
Your optimistic