Ched Evans again.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Why don't the FA just ban ex convicts of things like rape,murder,sexual assault and drunken driving from taking part in English football ?
Save a lot of messing about wouldn't it.
They could start today couldnt they ?
Everyone will be clear on the subject.Job done.

Oh and before you say "OOh the Evans case , its up for review" well fine,ban until proven innocent.

Do we want these types of people at our club...really ??

And ****** Sheffield United,Hartlepool and now Oldham for even considering having him play there. I wouldn't knowingly work alongside a rapist if I was a footballer or in any other job for that matter.Why aren't other footballers coming out and making that point,surely they don't want to be associated with rapists either.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Couldn't you have put this in the Other Football Topics? Thread is already open there.
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:Couldn't you have put this in the Other Football Topics? Thread is already open there.
Im a busy man aint got time to mess around.However if it means I dont incur the wrath of the internet tidy up police in future or their representatives (that'd be you...even though you're not even a fully fledged internet cop)then I spose I might be so frightened Id better comply.

Question.....Are you now in trouble with the internet police for even posting in this thread despite it being in the wrong section ??

An Apology
I am so sorry,I hope I can be forgiven,just think of all that upset this may have caused.Please internet policeman give me another chance)

(Not really plod....you can ****** off LOL!!!)
Lcbdagger

While comments like this from fairly well respected figures in the English game are made, there isn't much hope for the rest of us...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30737640
ARNU

Disgracefull.

The FA are the wankers here though.They should have a policy which all players and clubs should sign upto in that no player / manager / coach / chairman can continue in football if they are found to be guilty of the following crimes.Rape,murder etc etc....Then it will be clear cut. Simples. It woudnt have to be retrospective so murderers Hughes and McCormack and existing rapists,though I hate it could continue but from such and such a date that's it.
bloke down the pub

Should we sign him , after all WB and the board have been shafting us for years without our permission.
The Romford Dagger

All league one and two clubs contacted by bbc about whether they would sign him. Most clubs either didnt comment or expressly said they wouldnt sign him. Daggers said..

'Dagenham and Redbridge has not been offered the opportunity to sign or give a trial to ched evans. Therefore, there has been no discussion at board level regarding this matter'.

No outright ruling it out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30698618
ARNU

The Romford Dagger wrote:All league one and two clubs contacted by bbc about whether they would sign him. Most clubs either didnt comment or expressly said they wouldnt sign him. Daggers said..

'Dagenham and Redbridge has not been offered the opportunity to sign or give a trial to ched evans. Therefore, there has been no discussion at board level regarding this matter'.

Be fair though,it does say in the 2nd sentence they haven't had any discussion at board level.

Unless the bloke gets miraculously cleared he's finished as a player.Luckily for Evans he was on £20k a week before so he must have some money saved up or some supercar he can sell.Probably more than you or I will get in a lifetime.I know plenty of people that don't earn £20k a year let alone a week.Tough life being a footballer.Now if he were just a factory worker and rapist,likelyhood is,he'd have nothing saved and still would struggle to get employed.Ol Ched aint so hard done by here.

20k a week is £1.04m a year by the way,for kicking a ball.Thats another subject I s'pose.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:All league one and two clubs contacted by bbc about whether they would sign him. Most clubs either didnt comment or expressly said they wouldnt sign him. Daggers said..

Be fair though,it does say in the 2nd sentence they haven't had any discussion at board level.

Unless the bloke gets miraculously cleared he's finished as a player.Luckily for Evans he was on £20k a week before so he must have some money saved up or some supercar he can sell.Probably more than you or I will get in a lifetime.I know plenty of people that don't earn £20k a year let alone a week.Tough life being a footballer.Now if he were just a factory worker and rapist,likelyhood is,he'd have nothing saved and still would struggle to get employed.Ol Ched aint so hard done by here.

20k a week is £1.04m a year by the way,for kicking a ball.Thats another subject I s'pose.
No way was he on £20k a week, he was when signed a league one striker.
ARNU

Says he was in quite a few articles,news items etc....Im sure I could find you one.
Lcbdagger

Away from the allegations against him... I hope it isn't a League Two side that sign him as he will almost certainly score a hatful of goals ala Lee Hughes
ARNU

Just out of interest,open question......If you were playing for a team,could be Sunday league football even,would you want a known convicted rapist playing alongside you ?? Would "Oh but he said he didn't do it" or "But he served his time" be enough for you ? Bearing in mind your kids or young teenage daughters or pretty wife might have to cheer from the sidelines ??
Lcbdagger

ARNU wrote:Just out of interest,open question......If you were playing for a team,could be Sunday league football even,would you want a known convicted rapist playing alongside you ?? Would "Oh but he said he didn't do it" or "But he served his time" be enough for you ? Bearing in mind your kids or young teenage daughters or pretty wife might have to cheer from the sidelines ??
It would split the team I imagine much like it has professionals or commentators... I personally don't agree with the 'served his time' bit until the full 5 years of his sentence is completed... others disagree... but that takes out the issue altogether of him coming back now