What is our best 11 currently?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerSince92

A 4-3-3 with a false nine.

O'Brien - building for the future, has potential.
Batt - 3 assists the season, you can't argue with that.
Gayle - Promising towards the end of last season, don't see why he's out on loan.
Saah - Solid all season, reminds me of a young Sol Campbell.
Connors - Defending when diagonals are put to the back post excellent, first name on the team sheet.
Boucaud - Gives the defence some great protection, no brainer.
Raymond - A better version of Bingham, Billy can ****** off to Luton. He has a ping like Blackberry also.
Chambers - Decisive in possession, gives our attack a real clinical edge. (Playing in the hole)
Porter - Pace, pace, pace.
Jakubiak - One shot, one goal. This lad WILL step into Matej Vydra's shoes at Watford.
Widdowsen - Gives young Jack some protection, I've heard he's got better delivery than a postman.
The Romford Dagger

DaggerSince92 wrote:A 4-3-3 with a false nine.

Gayle - Promising towards the end of last season, don't see why he's out on loan.
Connors - Defending when diagonals are put to the back post excellent, first name on the team sheet.
Raymond - A better version of Bingham, Billy can ****** off to Luton. He has a ping like Blackberry also.
Chambers - Decisive in possession, gives our attack a real clinical edge. (Playing in the hole)
Jakubiak - One shot, one goal. This lad WILL step into Matej Vydra's shoes at Watford.
Widdowsen - Gives young Jack some protection, I've heard he's got better delivery than a postman.
Porter should definitely be in for his pinpoint crossing accuracy
SUSSEX DAGGER

We'll since Abu has had his enforced abscence we have done better results wise then the previous 7 games with him in the side,so this notion that he has to play in midfield is not borne out by results.

He is the best Right back in the Club and perhaps if we had played him there we would not have given valuable points away with needless penaltys.

Fwiw

COUSINS
OGOGO
AYO
DOE
CONNORS

HOWELL
BINGHAM
HINES
HEMMINGS

CURETON
MURPHY

SUBS
DOIDGE
PARTRIDGE ( Centre Half Cover )
Batt
YUSSEF
Chambers

Take a punt and not worry about a Goalkeeper sure there is somebody amongst the above number who would be equally as good as O'Brien , let's face it they would not need to be that good
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We'll since Abu has had his enforced abscence we have done better results wise then the previous 7 games with him in the side,so this notion that he has to play in midfield is not borne out by results.

He is the best Right back in the Club and perhaps if we had played him there we would not have given valuable points away with needless penaltys.

Fwiw

COUSINS
OGOGO
AYO
DOE
CONNORS

HOWELL
BINGHAM
HINES
HEMMINGS

CURETON
MURPHY

SUBS
DOIDGE
Batt
YUSSEF
Chambers

Take a punt and not worry about a Goalkeeper sure there is somebody amongst the above number who would be equally as good as O'Brien , let's face it they would not need to be that good
Finally, somebody who agrees with me about abu at rb.

Hallelujah!
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We'll since Abu has had his enforced abscence we have done better results wise then the previous 7 games with him in the side,so this notion that he has to play in midfield is not borne out by results.

Fwiw

COUSINS
OGOGO
AYO
DOE
CONNORS

HOWELL
BINGHAM
HINES
HEMMINGS

CURETON
MURPHY

SUBS
DOIDGE
Batt
YUSSEF
Chambers

Just letting you know we get 7 subs Chris :lol:
DaggerJoel11

We need a consistant lineup. Changing things won't help as it won't mean players can have a good consistant run and establish themselves as a first-team regular.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote:We need a consistant lineup. Changing things won't help as it won't mean players can have a good consistant run and establish themselves as a first-team regular.
I certainly agree with Abu at RB, if only for the fact I don't believe he is a guaranteed midfield starter with everyone fit... really think it needs to be Billy and one other if we go the 442 way... just find it funny that people have him at RB in a 'best case scenario' XI when it is something the management team simply would not consider.
The Romford Dagger

Lcbdagger wrote:
DaggerJoel11 wrote:We need a consistant lineup. Changing things won't help as it won't mean players can have a good consistant run and establish themselves as a first-team regular.
I certainly agree with Abu at RB, if only for the fact I don't believe he is a guaranteed midfield starter with everyone fit... really think it needs to be Billy and one other if we go the 442 way... just find it funny that people have him at RB in a 'best case scenario' XI when it is something the management team simply would not consider.
Best case scenario for me is what I meant. But yes you're right, management wouldn't even consider it. It's a shame really. He is our best rb and midfield isn't our problem anymore as it was when he originally went there.
daggersjeff

DaggerSince92 wrote:A 4-3-3 with a false nine.

:lol: You don't know how close I came to biting on this!!!
Pondfield Dagger

Fwiw

COUSINS
OGOGO
AYO
DOE
CONNORS

HOWELL
BINGHAM
HINES
HEMMINGS

CURETON
MURPHY

SUBS
DOIDGE
Batt
YUSSEF
Chambers

yep, good starting 11 that...although just the 1 change for me, i prefer chambers to hemmings.
Lcbdagger

I know it's happened in the past with varying levels of success in different games, but would be interested (given the CM options available) to see how Bingham would fit out wide with someone like Zavon back fit on the other wing... not got a lot of pace or skills but the best option in the team we have to get decent balls in to the box... I don't mind Chambers in a central role, ala Medy but not convinced he, Porter or Hemmings are the perfect answer out wide.
bearaab

Bingham is first name in the team sheet for me along with cousins and Doe. Always play your vest players in their best positions. Bingham would be an absolute waste on the wing.
The Romford Dagger

bearaab wrote:Bingham is first name in the team sheet for me along with cousins and Doe. Always play your vest players in their best positions. Bingham would be an absolute waste on the wing.

100% agree
bearaab

Also think it's a bit of a waste playing strikers like Murphy out wide. He loves scoring goals and for me needs to be central at all times and the same goes for Cureton. Wouldn't want Yusuff out wide either, he loves to run at defenders and causes real panic between centre backs with the ball at his feet.
OBD

----------------Cousins-------------

---Partridge, Doe, Obileye, Hemmings-----

----------------Bingham------------------

-------------Howell, Ogogo---------------

-----------------Yusuff------------------

-------------Murphy, Cureton-------------
@OfficialBigDave